Potentially busted things in new patch:

- "Wail of Doom: This skill now inflicts 1 second of fear instead of 2 seconds of daze on enemies." (Aoe unblockable fear with 1/2 sec cast)

- "Draconic Echo: This trait now grants 1.5 seconds of quickness to allies when the revenant uses a consume skill, in addition to its previous effects."

- Shadow arts thief, especially "Meld with Shadows: This trait has been reworked. Players now gain Superspeed when entering or exiting stealth." and potentially "Shadow's Rejuvenation: This trait no longer grants healing or initiative while in stealth and instead grants initiative when entering or exiting stealth."

- Bladesworn shout heal with new scaling.

Anything I forgot?

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

- Shadow arts thief, especially "Meld with Shadows: This trait has been reworked. Players now gain Superspeed when entering or exiting stealth."

The initiative trait on stealth look more scary than the superspeed if they don't put a icd on it Haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

- "Wail of Doom: This skill now inflicts 1 second of fear instead of 2 seconds of daze on enemies." (Aoe unblockable fear with 1/2 sec cast)

How is this busted?

The CC is shorter and can be countered by more options.

- "Draconic Echo: This trait now grants 1.5 seconds of quickness to allies when the revenant uses a consume skill, in addition to its previous effects."

You want Quickness or more power damage? The trade off exist. I see nothing wrong, everything that Revenant can do as condition hardly benefits from Quickness because of it's not affected or pulse dependent. Seeing "Quickness" doesn't mean "busted" automatically.

- Shadow arts thief, especially "Meld with Shadows: This trait has been reworked. Players now gain Superspeed when entering or exiting stealth." and potentially "Shadow's Rejuvenation: This trait no longer grants healing or initiative while in stealth and instead grants initiative when entering or exiting stealth."

So people don't get rewarded for camping Stealth anymore? How's that not a good thing?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Not granting initiative while in stealth is a good thing. SA was op cause you could refill all your initiative while stealth follow your target. Now you have a indirect downtime to this which is reveal and also just get 2 initiative no matter how long you stay stealthed. This way thiefs can be much better balanced. Overall maybe the best change of this 2/10 patch. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bale.3851 said:

Not granting initiative while in stealth is a good thing. SA was op cause you could refill all your initiative while stealth follow your target. Now you have a indirect downtime to this which is reveal and also just get 2 initiative no matter how long you stay stealthed. This way thiefs can be much better balanced. Overall maybe the best change of this 2/10 patch. 

But then all the watchtower and flag guard reveal has to be gone.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

How is this busted?

Two words: forced movement

Also there are traits that proc off of fear ie: dread and terror

I wouldn't say it's busted though as your basically sacrificing cc for damage

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Like 1

Bladesworn buffs and warrior quickness amount (incl shareable stuff). Support warrior never was a cool meta. Hf outrotating that tf. But anet doesn't want skillful stuff in the game, so ofc conquest rotations need to be simplified as well i guess. 

Edited by ano nimo.3948

Elixir of ambition still is busted

Ten stacks of might  I mean really......

Anet please, that wasn't the problem. the problem was the condi vomit not the might stacks

It might help me be at 400 health instead of 0 tho

Maybe I'm just over reacting

I will test

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Infinity.2876 said:

Isnt more interaction with traits better design? I mean they reduce the baseline cc by 50% and with 100% fear duration you can get it back to 2 sec. but now you have more syngery like you mentioned. Over all its just a swap at best. Also fear can be cleansed and daze cant so thats definetly a trade of. Guess every necro off  hand is still better than warhorn. But needs testing to be sure.

19 minutes ago, Infinity.2876 said:

Elixir of ambition still is busted

Ten stacks of might  I mean really......

You are right its not enough but the burst window was part of the problem in SPVP at least. Lets hope they continue to tune harb down abit and we dont have to wait for another 6 months.

51 minutes ago, Infinity.2876 said:

Not only Stability but Resistance and Condition clearing counter the skill now. Fear is more in line with the profession anyway.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

How is this busted?

Hard cc vs soft cc

You want Quickness or more power damage? The trade off exist. I see nothing wrong, everything that Revenant can do as condition hardly benefits from Quickness because of it's not affected or pulse dependent. Seeing "Quickness" doesn't mean "busted" automatically.

Not really a tradeoff when meta power herald already uses that trait

So people don't get rewarded for camping Stealth anymore? How's that not a good thing?

Not what I said

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Generous Abundance: This trait no longer creates healing orbs, and instead heals nearby allies when activating a legend skill. Healing is increased and occurs around Ventari's Tablet when using a Legendary Centaur Stance skill.

if this trait don't have an ICD, you're gonna have a lot of fun with jalis's stance... or in general with upkeep skills. I can see myself spaming vengeful hammer on jalis for example (a area heal for no cost and no CD)

Edited by Dadnir.5038

Hard cc vs soft cc

More counters still, balances out. Evading is not always the best thing to do.

Not really a tradeoff when meta power herald already uses that trait

By that logic Swift Termination Vs Brutality isn't a trade off but it is and you're trying to straw man pretty hard.

Doing actions faster won't make you hit harder. That's not difficult to comprehend.

Not what I said

Your implications of "busted" must be different than the dictionary implies then, because Stealth camping is a problem and that takes away the incentive to.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

More counters still, balances out. Evading is not always the best thing to do.

Hard CC is just way way better in GW2, and it's not even close. That is why dazes are allowed to do damage, and are allowed to be instant.

By that logic Swift Termination Vs Brutality isn't a trade off but it is and you're trying to straw man pretty hard.

Doing actions faster won't make you hit harder. That's not difficult to comprehend.

It massively buffs a trait that is already meta on herald. That's not difficult to comprehend.

Your implications of "busted" must be different than the dictionary implies then, because Stealth camping is a problem and that takes away the incentive to.

Incentivizing not camping stealth is a good thing that I support, but it is objectively unrelated to whether or not something is busted/op. Something can be busted despite being generally well designed (current Willbender is a decent example). That's not difficult to comprehend.

Now, all that said, this thread is mostly in jest and you are taking it a bit too seriously, but whatever.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Will be 2sec in PvE and only 1sec in PvP/WvW, so not that much to be mentioned.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

People are rewarded for brainless spam from now on. Stealth every 4 seconds, frontstab the enemy, get your health/initative back to spam blinds for teh next 4 seconds, rinse and repeat.
If these traits will have enough of a healing/initiative gain on them to be worth picking, SA daredevil and deadeye will be incredibly kittenous from now on.

And you can still camp stealth all you want.

17 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Well, it’s not really a trade-off since Heralds were already running Draconic Echo, so this is just current Heralds, but with quickness.

That being said, I don’t think it will be busted. Vindicator overshadowed Herald in most situations for a reason anyways.  This is a bit of power creep for Herald, but only enough to keep up with the overall creep that’s come with EOD specs.  The duration is short too, so it’s nothing massive.

• Like 1