why are people hating on the patch?

They should create a system were it tracks  the 4 least played classes (not specs) that have done Raids and give them some buffs  (for CMs) :

a) 2 of them eam a team-wide 5% Condition+Power increase . If both of the are in the same party the buff is upgraded to 20% Condition+Power .Counter bosses that must be dealt as fast possible (Zhaitan middle aoe area that is increasing)

b) 2 of them ..... -5% Boss  Hp reduction ..... upgraded to -10% . edit:  plus the green areas are not spread out or any mechanic for that matter

c) One of a + b in each party makes the boss self-damaged by a small amount  (Anka when she has damage reduction)

d) Combination of using  least popular classes unlock new spells/utilities (GW1 dual class skills  are called? for the whole party edit: Or one wolf pack scenario)

For the 1month  of each CM release , the mechanic is deactivated

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

Now that is destroyed. Why? Complaints about stealth in PvP and WvW. 

Then they need to have separate templates for wvw and pvp,  Destroying pve traits and builds for pvp is bad. Its a whole other game mode that needs to be treated differently. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

I haven't seen any rangers since the patch dropped..

New post-patch wingman class representation chart: https://gw2wingman.nevermindcreations.de/popularity

Love those elementalist, warrior, and ranger stats.  Weaver at a healthy near-zero representation, so all is well in the universe.  Meanwhile firebrand and mechanist continue to represent at 40-50% of total.  Nice balance patch, ANet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

New post-patch wingman class representation chart: https://gw2wingman.nevermindcreations.de/popularity

Love those elementalist, warrior, and ranger stats.  Weaver at a healthy near-zero representation, so all is well in the universe.  Meanwhile firebrand and mechanist continue to represent at 40-50% of total.  Nice balance patch, ANet.

I know of a dev that is an engi main in wvw (from a comment that a dev knew about the bad rewards when you play support in zerg fights). And recently I learned about a dev that has played fb for a substantial amount of time. A coincidence, of course. I am sure they play each profession a lot and know the ins and outs.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

I know of a dev that is an engi main in wvw (from a comment that a dev knew about the bad rewards when you play support in zerg fights). And recently I learned about a dev that has played fb for a substantial amount of time. A coincidence, of course. I am sure they play each profession a lot and know the ins and outs.

The discord leaks showed that the dev mentioned had to wiki/google other classes skills to answer questions. The devs legit dont even know what other classes do.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Amongst other things, many people were looking forward to playing warrior more, however, the new banner skills have pushed the class even more into a dps only role in instanced content. The other changes to the profession have either made the class worse off or not changed anything.

Changes on the whole not very intuitive for herald or tempest either.

Edited by disco.9302
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Alac Druid????
Currently am upset about my druid. It is build to heal. Carry the group with massive overflowing healing. Now it has suddenly given alac. So where all my heals go to? I am not making this toon for alac. Where are my heals. If spirits don't give heal, why do I carry them? Suggest you revert changes on druid. Not sure who ask for these changes, but you can bring back old druid settings, and assign alittle alac to them if you please. 

Quickness Warrior????
The idea is fine, except most or all of us intented for banners to boon for 10. Def banner defensive boon, Precision give precision boon, Att grants power boon, etc etc. You get the idea. Now however quickness are fine, but where is the usual boons for 10 per flag? Kindly revert the previous banners settings. You may still add alittle quickness to each banner if you want to. 

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

On 6/30/2022 at 8:36 PM, medivh.4725 said:

Alac Druid????
Currently am upset about my druid. It is build to heal. Carry the group with massive overflowing healing. Now it has suddenly given alac. So where all my heals go to? I am not making this toon for alac. Where are my heals. If spirits don't give heal, why do I carry them? Suggest you revert changes on druid. Not sure who ask for these changes, but you can bring back old druid settings, and assign alittle alac to them if you please. 

Quickness Warrior????
The idea is fine, except most or all of us intented for banners to boon for 10. Def banner defensive boon, Precision give precision boon, Att grants power boon, etc etc. You get the idea. Now however quickness are fine, but where is the usual boons for 10 per flag? Kindly revert the previous banners settings. You may still add alittle quickness to each banner if you want to. 

As a whole devs removed all 10man buffs (with the exception of DE I think) and I don't disagree with that concept since nobody then has significantly better  boon application.

The issue with quickness on banners is that it's 4.5 seconds (traited)on banner placement with a 60sec cd. 9seconds if you invest into 100% boon duration. So with 4 banners you get 36sec of quick every minute. Assuming you have perma alac from another source, the cd is 45sec and you need to blow your warhorn and proc martial cadence to fill the remaining 9 seconds of quick to ensure you have 100% uptime. 

Bearing in mind, previously a power BS would be running mostly zerk and some assassin gear with scholars to have good DSP output, switching to diviners +boon runes is a huge DPS loss. 

If you put all that together, to bring 1 boon a warrior would sacrifice a lot of DPS through gear, have no utility slots left, rely on perfect alac uptime from their group and have a clunky pick up skills on banners. 

For most instanced content, players want classes that 100% cover a boon or function. Saying "I'll cover some of the quick and a bit of might" is pointless when something like quickscrapper or quickbrand can do 100% coverage with far more competitive DPS as well as utility.

Oh and I know the maths is off a bit because battle standard is a longer CD but you get the idea.

• Thanks 2

Well...
This balancing unbalanced the community. - If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
An overhaul of banners and spirits is not welcomed because it is not what players expected.

What I hope to see is....
Reversion of banners, of spirits. Though any addition group boons are nice.

In future...
So those not played the game intensely , like experienced all classes and races, should stay away from making 'balancing' decisions.. Why? Because they mess up.  It about balancing, so is not giving what people wants. To do balancing well, one needs to know each class inside out. The strengths weaknesses for each. To do balancing well, takes time to understand the game. And what each toon is about. What each can add to the group. The understanding of each core class is very important. Also how long it takes for player to switch to main at 1 skill. If per ascended gear is 1 week time, 10 gears take 10-13 weeks. Weapons included. And if with trinkets, probably longer at about 15-16 weeks. Much effort, time and money goes to making those gears. So a overhaul of skills does affect playing and very few would be happy to completely change just because of a anet balancing act. Someone with considerable understanding on the game would have considered that before making huge chops and changes. Long story short, you just cannot expect dps banner warrior to instant switch to quickness or healing druid to suddently go alac mode didn't work like that!! 

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, medivh.4725 said:

Well...
This balancing unbalanced the community. - If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
An overhaul of banners and spirits is not welcomed because it is not what players expected.

What I hope to see is....
Reversion of banners, of spirits. Though any addition group boons are nice.
Not sure the point of Catalyst. What the Catalyst good at. What extra thing it bring to the table for group setting. Beside the point it is DPS toon, maybe you want it to excel at something? Say defense? Speed? Etc. Make a point for people to pick up Catalyst. I think that toon is very lost. Is it just about bash and smash?

In future...
So those not played the game intensely , like experienced all classes and races, should stay away from making 'balancing' decisions.. Why? Because they mess up.  It about balancing, so is not giving what people wants. To do balancing well, one needs to know each class inside out. The strengths weaknesses for each. To do balancing well, takes time to understand the game. And what each toon is about. What each can add to the group. The understanding of each core class is very important. Also how long it takes for player to switch to main at 1 skill. If per ascended gear is 1 week time, 10 gears take 10-13 weeks. Weapons included. And if with trinkets, probably longer at about 15-16 weeks. So there much effort and time to making these gears. So a overhaul of skills does affect playing and very few would be happy to completely change just because of a anet balancing act. Someone with considerable understanding on the game would have considered that before making huge chops and changes. Long story short, you just cannot expect dps banner warrior to instant switch to quickness or healing druid to suddently go alac mode didn't work like that!! 

They could have just given banners a flip skill with 20 seconds cd that 3 quickness( 6 seconds full boon duration) + the pulsing boons.

If you press f on them to pick them up they get removed like now.

Imo they would have had to change Banner of Tactics into a healing skill that healed when pressed + quickness.

So kinda similar to how spirit works for druid now