New banners are a disgusting joke

Zsoak.5409

I was worried this was what they would implement. I don't know how, in any conceivable situation, this would be considered a good idea unless it was supposed to come with an update within 3-4 weeks afterwards. There is zero situation where 3s quickness on 60s CD is a good idea for any profession.

If it pulsed enough quickness so that each individual pulse gives you almost enough quickness to make to the next pulse that would be one thing, or if picking up/dropping the banner provided quickness again okay we can live with that.

When they discuss their reasoning, if there is no change to this, there absolutely needs to be an explanation as to why this specifically was determined to be a good idea for warriors.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

I was worried this was what they would implement. I don't know how, in any conceivable situation, this would be considered a good idea unless it was supposed to come with an update within 3-4 weeks afterwards. There is zero situation where 3s quickness on 60s CD is a good idea for any profession.

If it pulsed enough quickness so that each individual pulse gives you almost enough quickness to make to the next pulse that would be one thing, or if picking up/dropping the banner provided quickness again okay we can live with that.

When they discuss their reasoning, if there is no change to this, there absolutely needs to be an explanation as to why this specifically was determined to be a good idea for warriors.

Cause now warrior builds can carry the banner and not even need to autoattack! 

Chill and relaxed gameplay that is not a threat to a certain Firebrand Main! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I come back after a two year break a few weeks ago, get into playing Warrior again and they make a change such as this.... Warrior was in the rear view mirror back then, and it's getting shelved again.  Whoever thought this was a good idea, needs to step away from the hippie lettuce. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

im rigth, those banners just give bufs to your team? not you.??

a super gif from arena net to warrior

is mi main caracter ,it was bad before now is worst

im vreali wondering if a should weist mi time in this game

you think is funny to invest so much time in a caracter a and have to start again bicose the class you pick is not on meta

all those people ho make videos on youtube that tell other people to play eny class bicose gw2 is super good combat 

you can play eny class you want...... False and terrible wrong!!!!!!!

gw2 is like eny other mmorpg that to play and have fun you need to go META!!!

I honestly can't fathom why they made these changes, they make no sense.  Maybe someday they'll have dedicated people working on balance that have actually played the professions, that's how bad these changes are.  I was always a champion of this game but I now have zero faith in how they're running things at this point.  I can't believe they went live with this. 

With regret and sadness I have uninstalled, thanks to all the great people I've played with over the years.

For Great Justice!💪

Crazy Treacy

• Like 4
  • Sad 9

18 minutes ago, Ferus.3165 said:

tbh i actually thought banners would at least pulse the boons every second... strength banner doesn't even have a 100% uptime of two (2 !!!) might. I can only think wtf when i see this...

Lol this is true. Ahahaahaaha I didn't realize this. Lol the rest of the boons are crap too. I checked only now...

I'm starting to believe that there is a dev that hates war.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Treacy.4067 said:

I honestly can't fathom why they made these changes, they make no sense.  Maybe someday they'll have dedicated people working on balance that have actually played the professions, that's how bad these changes are.  I was always a champion of this game but I now have zero faith in how they're running things at this point.  I can't believe they went live with this. 

With regret and sadness I have uninstalled, thanks to all the great people I've played with over the years.

For Great Justice!💪

Crazy Treacy

Welvome to the Gw2 Exodus club! 😌

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I've only been half paying attention to warrior banners but I don't see why you can't just toss them like a javelin to reposition.  I think the animation is already in the game.  Could even give them a nice blast finisher.  I'm usually not critical at of the devs but this time they just missed the mark in a number of ways.

We are trying to change banners while keeping married to its rooted functionality for no apparent reason. 1 the boons need reworking again, they aren't even close to balanced. 2. my suggestion... make banners into wells. Just put a banner graphic, maybe a little swirly effect or something around it while its up and let it do other things besides just boons. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckster.4076 said:

Somehow they made the banners worse than when I'd started playing in 2017. That's concerning.

This have been consistently the case through the years. Banners got nerfed multiple times. At least warrior is no longer a banner slave. It is free 😀😶😞😭

Hey, at least the quickness added is nice. I dunno if it can reach 100% for group. It was very noticeable when I played core warrior solo. Honestly, if warrior can reach 100% quickness and 25 might, for a group, that would be really nice. It aint FB level, but we are getting there. Slooooooowly. 

@Jaricko.6143 That is what i was thinking as well. If they just make them 30 secs CD, stationary, with the quickness they provide they will be okayish. Nothing to rave about, but could support 100% quickness, fury and 25 might in PvE.

Edited by otto.5684
  • Haha 2

So 4.5 traited with 100% boon duration is 9s quickness per banner. 3 banners in the utility slot and 1 elite (good luck lugging those around) is around 65% uptime on quickness (that's if you have 100% alacrity) .  If you add blowing your horn on CD (4s with boon duration) your looking at about 90% uptime if i math that right. Firebrand runes (Ironic) would allow you to get more boon duration I think. That's a very dedicated build, you almost had my firebrand scared there.

• Haha 6

The absolute funniest/soulcrushing part; fine we can pick up the banners again. You don't even let us have our old abilities back? The charge/inspire/swing with the banner?

THAT was too much for Warriors?? We don't even get to epicly plant them anymore, just, drop.

Edited by Altonese.6542
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1