Suggestion: don't repeatedly match with person I've reported

Sebrent.3625

Trying to get some good 2v2 matches in.

First game, guy gets steamrolled by other team in 5s and then just afks the remaining rounds of the match. I report for him being idle.

Second game, I'm matched with this same guy. He afks all rounds. I report and block him.

Third game, I'm matched with this same guy again.

Perhaps ... take into account that blocking is an indication of not wanting to be matched with the person.

Perhap ... let's finally do something about people just idling in pvp.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

It's not just spvp. Yesterday guy who is in my block list even with note so i remember what he did and why i put him into block list just joined my fractal group.

I can understand it doesn't work in pvp. Match manipulation is already pretty bad even without this feature. But yesterday i learned blocking is completely useless overall in this game.

• Like 2

Without changing anything in PvP, this is just in general but...

The block-list could use some changes. Its essentially a second friend's list considering it shows not only when the people you've blocked are online, but also track where they are in game.

For example: Currently i'm being 'hunted down' by a top 5 member of the wintrading cartel who uses the blocklist to see where I am and when i'm queuing.

It doesn't bother me personally, as I enjoy the chance to box out some wintrading scrubs, but I can easily see how that would start to annoy some people.

Blocking someone should not give someone the means to track that person in game. Honestly, blocking someone should just have them always appear as offline in contacts.

PvE: While I can agree its a bit overkill to prevent someone who is blocked from joining parties you didn't make, if you made the party then they should not be able to see or join it if they're blocked.

PvP: In Conquest you can't control who joins, but in 2v2 players shouldn't be matched with someone who is blocked.

Also, can we please get a drop-down menu stating your role, so we can stop getting two supports in 2v2? Getting both as DPS isn't so bad, but can still be a struggle if the enemy team has a support, too. The game needs to start taking roles into account for matchmaking especially in TDM.

At the very least require players to set up multiple builds before queing for 2v2.

Edited by Hannelore.8153

Ok hear me out...

What if when any player blocks another player, they both are seen as having a randomized character name in every game they are together in. Including their character appearance being defaulted, and always appear as Offline.

...before vials of salt is thrown at me from the top 50 sPvP players, I'll just see myself out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Ok hear me out...

What if when any player blocks another player, they both are seen as having a randomized character name in every game they are together in. Including their character appearance being defaulted, and always appear as Offline.

...before vials of salt is thrown at me from the top 50 sPvP players, I'll just see myself out.

I’ve had this idea as well. I think it would work just fine in most cases and is preferable to the current situation 

Social test results just in.

Same people who refuse to make friends and invite them to duo are the same people blocking PUGs in 2v2s.

We consulted Dr. Phil about this and he said that being anti-social only hurts yourself and everyone around you. He told us that making friends and playing as a team is the answer.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Social test results just in.

Same people who refuse to make friends and invite them to duo are the same people blocking PUGs in 2v2s.

Intrue. Rigged.

I hardly ever duo and i've only blocked one person in this game.

On the contrary the ones that refuse help are the most thick-skinned, voted the most likely to have a bowl of nails for breakfast without any milk in the forum's choice awards.

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

We consulted Dr. Phil about this and he said that being anti-social only hurts yourself and everyone around you. He told us that making friends and playing as a team is the answer.

Dr. Phil has 0 Guild Wars qualifications and probably had his crew print out his doctorate from Shutterstock.

Essentially a more memeable version of Dhar Mann, but at least you know that's being acted and you don't have to figure it out for yourself.

If Dr. Phil had any credibility in the field of clinical psychology then he would probably see the anti-social behavior as a direct symptom of the other side trying way too hard to get them to like something they do not like.

Sort of like a dad telling their son "You're going to like baseball. You're going to like it and you're going to play it." 😰😭

On 7/4/2022 at 11:54 PM, Sebrent.3625 said:

Trying to get some good 2v2 matches in.

First game, guy gets steamrolled by other team in 5s and then just afks the remaining rounds of the match. I report for him being idle.

Second game, I'm matched with this same guy. He afks all rounds. I report and block him.

Third game, I'm matched with this same guy again.

Perhaps ... take into account that blocking is an indication of not wanting to be matched with the person.

Perhap ... let's finally do something about people just idling in pvp.

I feel you. I've had 2v2s where 3-4 of the 4 people in the match were the same in 3 consecutive matches.

One way to dodge people in sPvP is by temporarily adding them to your friends list and keeping an eye on the map they're on. Wait 5-6 min for them to enter a PvP map and then queue yourself. If they don't, they're probably not in queue.

I know this feels like a waste of time and is inconvenient but it has always worked for me.

Too bad if they're appearing offline though...

Agreed x1000. I was in a group with this toxic loser, and the first round didn't go as he liked because I was CC spammed while they killed him. We ended up winning but he went on an abusive rant anyway, so I blocked him. Next two matches it still put me in with him. Why would you think its a good idea to keep grouping players with their abusers after they used the tools given to block them? Blocking should remove them from being matched together.  That way toxic players will end up having the long queues they deserve. 

On 7/5/2022 at 11:14 AM, Kuma.1503 said:

Wouldn't blocking better players in this context match you with worse teammates?

i think the logic here are the tryhard q dodgers that duo with a friend for srs, then that duo has 2 alts that block good players and so attract bads on the other team for easy wins (and hopefully the duo gets a match against their alt bads). if enough people did this and were in cahoots, and blocked all their alt bad duos as well, we could potentially see a much much worse era of q dodging. i think it would work for 2s and 3s tho.

Edited by Stand The Wall.6987