WvW is fundamentally broken at the moment. [Engie Rifle]

Sahne.6950

3 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

right now you can jump in almost every Tower/keep with the Engie Rifle.

No need in playing this gamemode atm... yesterday i took SM... solo...... GREAT GAMEPLAY! can we please fix this ASAP?

The real question is: will we see rifle stacking to jump in? Since they have never fixed people who can jump into towers and keeps  AND have portals, this seems somewhat less problematic (although it may be easier to do, I don't know).

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Karagee.6830 said:

The real question is: will we see rifle stacking to jump in? Since they have never fixed people who can jump into towers and keeps  AND have portals, this seems somewhat less problematic (although it may be easier to do, I don't know).

Daredevil staff jump just works only on certain gates, and even on those few gates its hard to pull off... the rifle works first try on almost any objective....

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Daredevil staff jump just works only on certain gates, and even on those few gates its hard to pull off... the rifle works first try on almost any objective....

Mesmers could get in too with the mount trick. Reported many times, people still do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

no clue why they dont add a invisible wall over the gates.... would fix all of those problems at once....

i suggested this years ago to ben p when i first found out about the mounts jump into objectives trick. even linked the trick via a youtube video. maybe this current team will be different but wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

If it's reported with a video tutorial on how to do it and this hasn't been answered, would that mean this is intended?
Should we spread this trick more often until it gets officially handled?
I can understand devs don't want to say "there is a trick that can by-pass gates, and this is on our list of fixes (somewhere at the bottom though), in the mean time we ask players to not do it".
But should the community stay silent about such a game breaking bug?

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

no clue why they dont add a invisible wall over the gates.... would fix all of those problems at once....

6 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

i suggested this years ago to ben p when i first found out about the mounts jump into objectives trick. even linked the trick via a youtube video. maybe this current team will be different but wouldn't hold my breath.

This is not a solution at all. It would cause movement problems for attackers who got inside the structure legitimately. Attacker opens up say north gate SMC, goes on top of the wall, fight ensues, they want to leap out to kite and all of a sudden there's an invisible wall? How does that make any sense?

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

right now you can jump in almost every Tower/keep with the Engie Rifle.

No need in playing this gamemode atm... yesterday i took SM... solo...... GREAT GAMEPLAY! can we please fix this ASAP?

Haha fixing things takes EFFORT, mate. That ain't gon happen, this is #MainenanceMode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, devastoscz.9851 said:

This is not a solution at all. It would cause movement problems for attackers who got inside the structure legitimately. Attacker opens up say north gate SMC, goes on top of the wall, fight ensues, they want to leap out to kite and all of a sudden there's an invisible wall? How does that make any sense?

the invis wall would start at the top of the gate and end at the bottom of the wall walk way (the moment the arch over the gate starts).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

The use of in game mechanics is hardly a major issue though, although it needs fixed.  I see far more people just walk through walls, jump over the entire wall, or just "appear" on tower lords than I have ever seen people trying to use actual game mechanics to get inside things.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

the invis wall would start at the top of the gate and end at the bottom of the wall walk way (the moment the arch over the gate starts).

Hmm, that's the exploitable gap? It actually happened to me once that my golem got destroyed while hitting a gate and I got expelled through that gap into Hills inner staircase 😂.

So I guess that could work, if the exploit doesn't involve going over the walkway; I retract my previous comment.

Edited by devastoscz.9851
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Ranger pets do that? I just kill them.

That's the whole problem. You kill the pet or better yet lock it down away from the ranger, but once said pet is dead it swims right back over to the ranger (and is now untouchable because it's "dead") and starts reviving them.  It's been a broken mechanic since day 1 of GW2.  And unless you're playing a high-burst build with decent underwater skills (which at least 50% of the classes/specs don't have), you can't kill the ranger quick enough in downstate underwater before its "dead" pet revives it.

But anyways my initial response was supposed to be a joke; Anet has a HORRIBLE reputation when it comes to fixing broken mechanics in WvW.

Edited by Ronin.4501

4 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

That's the whole problem. You kill the pet or better yet lock it down away from the ranger, but once said pet is dead it swims right back over to the ranger (and is now untouchable because it's "dead") and starts reviving them.  It's been a broken mechanic since day 1 of GW2.  And unless you're playing a high-burst build with decent underwater skills (which at least 50% of the classes/specs don't have), you can't kill the ranger quick enough in downstate underwater before its "dead" pet revives it.

But anyways my initial response was supposed to be a joke; Anet has a HORRIBLE reputation when it comes to fixing broken mechanics in WvW.

yes, kill the ranger. its not hard.

• Confused 1