Nerf downstate HP’s in pvp

Yerlock.4678

31 minutes ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

Downing 3 people just to have all 3 of them pop back up because one of your teammates die removes the entire point of focusing targets and team play.

This tbh! I'm not bothered by the downstate itself, but its rally mechanic and I wish rally would be disabled in PvP and WvW.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

please imagine that dying would actually mean your dead.... HOW INTENSE THAT WOULD BE 😄

"No downstate Week" is the best time in WvW atleast. it improves the gameplay immensly.

They are already doing it in wvw and people LOVE it.

True we should have a no downstate trial period of a week or so and see how that goes. I bet everyone would love it. It’s why Sword of Reaping feels great cuz It makes kills count! And it’s one of the reason a lot of people vote coliseum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

Yes ? But I was talking about rez signets, less time to cast it, less time to revive your mates = nerf to supports

Supports are suppose to help in the fights mostly. If it looks like a big nerf to them and they are terrible then buff their other abilities to compensate. It’s just an act of balancing after the change.

Yes.

I was sceptical initially because, lots of health = more rez potential.

But......

If you think about it, in most situations holding 4 and rezing is A lot slower than just dying and running back to a point.

I can only see downstate as helpful in a pure 1v1 situation as, if you both go down about the same time it gives time for conditions to tick giving you an upper hand that you would not get(or get very little) if you died first and then your conditions tick killing him as well.

instant Rez skills are also annoying but reducing downstate health as mentioned earlier would easily make them a little harder to use.

Ultimately it would be more nice if you had a sacrifice self skill while downed. Which would shorten revive times but wouldn't allow for rez potential

On 7/26/2022 at 7:31 PM, Lysico.4906 said:

Nope.  Needs to stay.  Part of the game.  Letting foes bleed out or blowing up rezzers is key to pvp

NOPE to your NOPE.

One of the biggest reasons this game mode died was downstate.

This isnt pve.

But don't worry, the game will die including your downstate.

Edited by Crab Fear.8623
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

The least they could do is have every rez skill rip stability off of you and prevent its application during the channel. 

Then we must remove all the special ways to stomp downed players, too. If ressing can always be interrupted, you shouldn't get a free pass on stomping either. That's how balance works.

But the thing is, players never actually want balance, they just want an easier time.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Then we must remove all the special ways to stomp downed players, too. If ressing can always be interrupted, you shouldn't get a free pass on stomping either. That's how balance works.

But the thing is, players never actually want balance, they just want an easier time.

It's not so much about having an easier time. It's to allow for more professions than the thief to get around stab + rez signet. Counterplay to something this strong shouldn't be limited to one class. 

As a hypothetical, lets say I'm playing a generic sword holo build. I'm in a teamfight, and our team's thief is off at far. We get a down, but the enemy guard has rez signet up. He pops rez signet, uses virtue of courage during the channel to gain stability. I cannot stop that from going off. 

At best I can throw a poison shell on the down and hope my team cleaves enough that the rez signet fails

Wheras, if I was playing a thief myself all I would have to do is anticipate the signet, land steal, and the rez is prevented. More classes than just thief should be able to do this. 

One alternative would be adding more CC skills that either go through stability or rip it like headbutt, but these shouldn't be skills you get for free, there should be a trade-off for having something this powerful. It should probably also be limited to short dazes, unless it's linked to something with a larger telegraph. 

Another is for Anet to undo the nerfs they did to boonrip. 

All that being said... I find it odd that some downstates have an easier time dealing with stomps than others. 

If I'm playing ele (fittingly, the king of downstates) I can prevent 99% of special stomp with a well timed vapor form. 

If I'm playing engi, all someone has to do is stealth and my downstate 2 skill goes right through them. It's like going invisible suddenly gave them ghost powers and they can phase thorugh my pull, and I can't do anything against blind, stab or invuln stomps. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Elementalists: No... That's all I have left!

Its funny because the playerbase is divided on the matter of Eles:

One side believes they're unkillable gods of war, not just on Weaver but also support Tempest (somehow).

The other side believes they're the easiest target on the battlefield, downstate and Mist Form memes run amok.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

2 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

One side believes they're unkillable gods of war, not just on Weaver but also support Tempest (somehow).

The other side believes they're the easiest target on the battlefield, downstate and Mist Form memes run amok.

thats because 90% of the playerbase will knot their fingers when playing Ele and will just outright succ.

and the other 10% are playing Condibruiser tempest 😉

12 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

NOPE to your NOPE.

This isnt pve.

this game mode didnt die it went into downstate then wow died and we got back up. 😆

but unfortunately we went into downstate again.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

NOPE to your NOPE.

This isnt pve.

Not it was really not the biggest reason lmao. Pvp died when arenanet stopped caring about it, when gw2 came out we didn't even have AT or ranked as far as I remember, it took so long for them to implement it.

It died when dignitas won the big tournament, viewership or interest didn't meet arena net expectation and they stopped caring about spvp basically. Knowing really well they wouldn't make money out of spvp. Most company would have done the same. Even with 2 pvp game mode, pvp players are a small portion of the playerbase. Which is unfortunate. 

Edited by Guirssane.7082

3 minutes ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

Not it was really not the biggest reason lmao. Pvp died when arenanet stopped caring about it, when gw2 came out we didn't even have AT or ranked as far as I remember, it took so long for them to implement it.

It died when dignitas won the big tournament, viewership or interest didn't meet arena net expectation and they stopped caring about spvp basically. Knowing really well they wouldn't make money out of spvp. Most company would have done the same. Even with 2 pvp game mode, pvp players are a small portion of the playerbase. Which is unfortunate. 

Nah, part of the kitten format is downstate....it literally might be the TOP reason the mode failed.

Downstate shouldn't exist in arena style pvp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Yes it was.

Downstate is a PVE element and should absolutely be removed.

By removing downstate you're removing the strategy behind it. Like knowing when to bleed the dude, stomp him or cleave is what makes a fight interesting. 

Without downstate it just becomes a one-shot fiesta as we have no dedicated healer like in a regular theme park. Imagine the no downstate mode before Feb 2020 when there was much more damage in the game. Would have been a clown fiesta. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

By removing downstate you're removing the strategy behind it. Like knowing when to bleed the dude, stomp him or cleave is what makes a fight interesting. 

Without downstate it just becomes a one-shot fiesta as we have no dedicated healer like in a regular theme park. Imagine the no downstate mode before Feb 2020 when there was much more damage in the game. Would have been a clown fiesta. 

There is no strategy.

You go down, you should go dead.

Players want a slow paced game?

Yeah right, where are they?

The only players who want a slow paced game are the ones who don't want a competitive game.

This isn't competitive.

There is no justification to being given a crutch.

It is way more exciting when a better player can punish 3 potatoes who overstepped their skill range.

You down, you need to be in respawn count down.

• Thanks 5

10 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Only liars claim ele is weak.

On 7/27/2022 at 11:42 PM, Luclinraider.2317 said:

The Pro's have said it, a large portion of the community have said it...heck, even GW2 has proved it. WvW is always like 3x more active on no downed state weeks. Yet here we are, the butt of every MMO PvP communities jokes.

Data to back your proof?

Downed state events has always been accompanied by bonus XP week which skews the reason people play longer, but even then last I checked it was the complete opposite - and on top of that in pretty much every "downstate poll" that inevitably pop up those weeks a majority still want downstate.

• Like 1