Suggestion: Make Gem Store Item That Lets You Change Character Underwear Color and One For Holding Hands

• If the only way they'll add hidable shoes is a 1000-3000g rare drop. What would make undergarment tmogs a player shouldn't see without unequipping their gear sell enough to justify the model? 
  • Is it a troll post or literal advocation for like. 20$ jade bot vs jade bikini shenanigans (???) Also what would charr even wear. Actually don't answer that. 
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I like the idea, but it does seem unlikely Anet would do it.

It's true that players won't see their characters underwear often, but for the times when it is visible (like when using diving goggles or in certain areas which hide your armour or outfit, using the underwear as an alternative to swimwear) it would be nice to have it look appropriate for the character instead of being stuck with a default colour.

Also I would have thought making it a gem store item would get around the 'spending resources elsewhere' issue because they'll get the cost of the time required to make it back when selling it to players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Also I would have thought making it a gem store item would get around the 'spending resources elsewhere' issue because they'll get the cost of the time required to make it back when selling it to players.

Would they, though?  Sadly, we don't know how much effort it would take to make this happen and if enough players would actually buy it (at what cost, too?  1600 like the jade bot skin?) to make or break even.  Unless there is tangible profit, I don't really see Anet doing this.

But I've been wrong before.  Once.  😆

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/9/2022 at 8:28 AM, lokh.2695 said:

I'd rather have ANet spend resources on something else.

That's not how development cycles work.  The team that works on skins and gemstore cosmetics generally doesn't work on new expansion-level content apart from perhaps new expansion-related in game objects which are generally higher priority to cosmetics anyway.  The cosmetic time is solely dedicated to cosmetics.  This wouldn't hold back anything at all.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

16 minutes ago, memausz.7264 said:

That's not how development cycles work.  The team that works on skins and gemstore cosmetics generally doesn't work on new expansion-level content apart from perhaps new expansion-related in game objects which are generally higher priority to cosmetics anyway.  The cosmetic time is solely dedicated to cosmetics.  This wouldn't hold back anything at all.

when you see comments like that, just assume they mean "I don't care about that, so I don't want that".

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

when you see comments like that, just assume they mean "I don't care about that, so I don't want that".

I was responding to the nonsense posted in the other comment.  This actually wouldn't take away dev time from expansions.  Cosmetic development time is for all cosmetics.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, memausz.7264 said:

But that's how resources work. I'd rather have the design/cosmetics team spend their time on something else in the realm of cosmetics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/9/2022 at 5:50 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

Would they, though?  Sadly, we don't know how much effort it would take to make this happen and if enough players would actually buy it (at what cost, too?  1600 like the jade bot skin?) to make or break even.  Unless there is tangible profit, I don't really see Anet doing this.

But I've been wrong before.  Once.  😆

I truthfully think it wont be that difficult. 

But yeah I would rather have them spend their time on other stuff.

On 8/9/2022 at 7:53 AM, memausz.7264 said:

Also I want one that lets two players conduct a holding hands animation with /holdinghands - (make the two characters smile while doing so).

That would be the first time I would see 2 Charrs smiling.

Edited by Cronospere.8143
So many space between paragraphs..

Yeah as mentioned, for a virtual mmorpg where most people just kill stuff for loot. Uh. Unless you're into certain kinds of stuff, i'd rather the game just prefer to stay in the mmorpg slaying lane for development time over uh. Gemstore bikinis you would only see off a diving platform or getting baaaNed to pay for the same dev you got it from.

Plus, this game has had some pretty strange and unholy discussions on certain parts of anatomy, whatnot, not pointing names but Charr and Asura, Line up to have weird questions asked in game about your biology when you go "IDK, i just PLAY the game.. how or WHY should i know??". I don't even want to think of how charr or asura would be done with a cosmetic like this. 

• Thanks 1

Oh, so it's you I always find hanging around bedrooms in remote houses?

I don't even wanna know what is you want this item for and what you do there.

That's why I always dash out as fast as possible when I spot somebody in those places.

Anyways...

I don't think that ANet is about to convert an RPG into a Dating Sim, anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I don't think that ANet is about to convert an RPG into a Dating Sim, anytime soon.

You're decades too late. People have been using MMOs to meet people for... god, I don't know how long. Prob since they started being a thing. I think there have even been MMOs where people can get married, but don't quote me on that. Could be confusing RP marrying with it being supported in the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, memausz.7264 said:

But see, that's YOUR preference.  I'm talking about mine.  Where's the LEGENDARY underwear skin that glows?

Yes -and in both of his posts you've quoted, he said "I'd rather(...)". He never tried to tell you what your preference is 🤨

I also don't see any need for different underwear colors in this game btw.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3