Holosmith >>>>>>>>> Bladesworn

Grand Marshal.4098

On 8/10/2022 at 2:42 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

Ok. Play holosmith then? I enjoy it, too. What is the point of this thread besides saying "I like this spec more than this other spec"?

exactly the sole reason i mained holo the entire PoF(except at the end of pof i played rev again)

i also mained rev for HoT

while i mained warrior for the entire vanilla gw2.

warrior was so upsetting it's unreal, literally picked warrior in vanilla gw2, because it was the faster melee that's in your face with cool looking melee skills.

but now it's just a slow piece of clunky unfun garbage that other classes can replicate and be better at the same playstyle. so i just play other specs lol.

other classes gotten new playstyle, including that of the warriors.

yet warrior after 3 elite spec, still this same playstyle,  while everybody else got warrior playstyle with one of their elite spec but with faster/flashier melee skills( the prime reason i picked war i picked for war in vanilla) it's just sad

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/10/2022 at 8:42 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

Ok. Play holosmith then? I enjoy it, too. What is the point of this thread besides saying "I like this spec more than this other spec"?

Hating on Bladesworn is an Art only few Truely understand. 

And with time, the creativity increases to new heights. 

Hating on Bladesworn has become essential to the forum. It can't be stopped. 

Embrace the hate. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Wolfb.7025 said:

Holo. I was in your static sometime ago ☺️

I don't recall having a holo in my static as it was me on Berserker, a FB, a Druid, and a weaver. When the weaver ghosted us a Reaper that was a frequent 5th took their place. It would not surprise me though if we ended up in a set of FotM a few times from the LFG since we had a floating open spot.

6 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I don't recall having a holo in my static as it was me on Berserker, a FB, a Druid, and a weaver. When the weaver ghosted us a Reaper that was a frequent 5th took their place. It would not surprise me though if we ended up in a set of FotM a few times from the LFG since we had a floating open spot.

Does the name Lykus sound familiar?

13 minutes ago, Wolfb.7025 said:

Does the name Lykus sound familiar?

No, sadly. But I can check my friends/followers list when I get home, lots of the people I played FotM with ended up there. I ran with that static 4 years ago for about a year and a half. My kid's bedtime no longer meshed well with when they wanted to do FotM, which ended up with me dropping out of it. That was several years ago now, so I don't remember all the people I played FotM with during that stint. Been playing WvW harder or being a PvE completionist/leggy crafter since then.

His bed time still does not mesh well with when people rush to get their FotM dailies done and I'm the one who does the toddler bedtime... Which sucks because FotM on Berserker is some of the most fun I have had in GW2.

On 8/11/2022 at 3:43 PM, Infinity.2876 said:

Holosmith dies really fast 

Bladesworn doesn't 

On 8/11/2022 at 3:15 PM, oscuro.9720 said:

Counterpoint; bladesworn better rn.

On 8/10/2022 at 1:42 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

7 hours ago, Wolfb.7025 said:

Wish I had 41k benchmark on my elite spec.

Just because a spec is busted in numbers, doesn't means that the other spec design is bad lol, holosmith design kicks bladesworn's design pretty hard.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Just because a spec is busted in numbers, doesn't means that the other spec design is bad lol, holosmith design kicks bladesworn's design pretty hard.

Never said it’s bad in terms of design, that’s purely subjective. But objectively; bladesworn is better in the game right now. So even if you don’t like how it’s designed, the fact remains that it’s the superior espec. For a thread that said “prove me wrong”, that’s a fairly reasonable counterpoint. 

Now, you could argue that Blade shouldn’t be as good as it is in competitive modes, and that is a very defensible position, and one I would agree with. But that doesn’t change how things are presently.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 7:22 PM, Zizekent.2398 said:

Bladesworn is what holosmith should've been. (it's a good toolkit with notorious engi vibes).

Holosmith definitely inspired Bladesworn and I will say I half expected it to get gadgets as the skill type. Personally I like the theme of Holosmith better then Bladesworn.

I think there should be serious concerns about warrior having 2 viable specs on Tuesday next week for pve: power bladesworn and condi berserker (possibly both carrying banners). Power berserker will get a 3.5% or 4.5% dps increase from the 32k max damage gutter it's in, depending on whether we're talking about banner or dps, which isn't going to make it anywhere relevant.

I can see warrior being among the most picked classes by steam new players. And while it does have 2 builds that can be played in endgame, one has a strange theme that is also frankly quite conflicting with the class description and doesn't play like a melee smasher and the other, well the other requires you to play with bow, arrows and a torch. I can see people being not very pleased having to go from core warrior to one of those options, thematically.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Karagee.6830 said:

I think there should be serious concerns about warrior having 2 viable specs on Tuesday next week for pve: power bladesworn and condi berserker (possibly both carrying banners). Power berserker will get a 3.5% or 4.5% dps increase from the 32k max damage gutter it's in, depending on whether we're talking about banner or dps, which isn't going to make it anywhere relevant.

I can see warrior being among the most picked classes by steam new players. And while it does have 2 builds that can be played in endgame, one has a strange theme that is also frankly quite conflicting with the class description and doesn't play like a melee smasher and the other, well the other requires you to play with bow, arrows and a torch. I can see people being not very pleased having to go from core warrior to one of those options, thematically.

On that note, its going to be funny when they take hammer into competitive content and wonder why everything is taking 2 damage