[Edit] Hidden Mystery (O.P. Reposted)

Do you know of any secret puzzles?

Ok. So I've decided to repost the Mystery Puzzle, or Riddle, or Enigma, or whatever else you wanna call it.

I don't know of this is a figment of my imagination... at best, or I'm getting a bit crazy at worse.

Roaming around Queensdale, I came across a few things that seemed a bit coincidencial and unusual; so I started adding things together and made this quick walk-through. 

Even if it is just mere coincidence, you should try it, just for the fun of it.

Only 1 Rule:

You must walk. No mounts allowed.

Here we go:

GW2 secret puzzle

In Queensdale, head towards the downstream river to the right of the starting point. 

Follow the downstream river that ends in a small waterfall, and drop down.

Get in between the water gap, and look outwards. You'll see the first clue. The windmill, which will become more apparent as we progress.

At the windmill, you'll notice a bear frightening a young lady. The bear is the second main clue to the riddle. Kill the bear, and the young woman will walk towards the picnic items, and will kneel. Look towards the direction she's facing, and you'll see a tree just like the one you're standing close to.

Head towards that tree, and notice how all the 3 people in the watermelon farm talk about rabbits. Get in the rabbit pen and notice they are all facing the same direction. Head towards where they are facing and you'll see a moveable gate. Open the gate and go right to the other moveable gate that leads to a small square fence. Head towards the tree in the corner, and turn around to face the house. Then left to see where to go next. You'll see the hospital where you recovered from the fight against the centaur spawn.

Head to the hospital, and speak to the priest who will give you clues about a path, and grave. Meaning the cemetery. 

Head towards the cemetery, and you'll see a tree just like the one in the square fence. Head towards it and turn around to see a statue of what appears to be dwayna. Head towards it and then towards where she is facing. There's a lone single grave stone. Read it. The clue states that "Your weapons are in good hands " it means the Windmill king skritt. Even the opening in the cemetery fence to the left also indicates to go there.

Go to the top of the windmill and you'll notice that one of the masts has a clear arrow pointing towards Greatheart Weald. 

Head towards it. You'll see more bears. Take revenge for the lady in distress from earlier, and head to the other side of the mountain using the bear cave.

Talk to the guards around and they will give you a clue to go to the centaur camp. Walk in the first barracks tent, and you'll see a tree. Clue as to why there's a tree inside a tent!? Turn around and it will indicate to go to the watchtower. Go up and it will face the swamp. Head towards it. 

Find the hut in the swamp. The Norn there will talk about Wind/Air and Darkness. From here, there might be two things. Either find the other statue in the swamp, which means that Air may represent flight; or he means Claypool, where the last windmill is. Let's try the statue first.

The statue wing points towards the previous windmill again, if you follow this option, the other windmill pole points towards the dam, where there's a bandit cave nearby… and the track ends here. 

If you go to the Claypool windmill, go up and you'll see an npc sleeping. Look up and see the pole is pointing towards the other bandit cave.

Head towards it, and notice how the centre where the boss spawns looks exactly like the spiral design in the windmill flags.

Conclusion :

Both riddles lead to bandit caves.

So far I haven't found any extraordinary treasure.

There is however, in both places, hidden crevices in the rocks high above.

But no treasure there.

Don't know what purposes these serve, but hey. Keep looking.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
Repost
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Well the two mimic pets, have questlines.  I remember doing the Holiday gift box one.  I believe I bought that mini on the trading post.  I think it is named Angry Wintersday present or gift, something like that. 

You equip the toothy gift box in your miniature slot and talk to an npc in Lion's arch to start the quest.  
The quest involves fighting a miniboss and receiving an ice condition, then before you thaw out, traveling to a volcano and wading in lava (I burned to death at least twice.) You get a yarn glider skin.

Finding all the cats that can be invited to stay in your home instance is involved. Apparantly there is a frozen puma cub that you can invite if you thaw it out.  It looks quite involved.  I had enough trouble locating a ghost cat in a battlefield.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Yes, there's a lot including some actual puzzles. Adding on to those already mentioned there's the mirrors and the Hidden Tower in Bjora Marches, those were fun.

One of the things I like about this game is that many times I've been poking around the scenery, seeing how far back a cave goes or if I can get up a cliff (with our without mounts) and gradually realise I'm on the path through a jumping puzzle or suddenly uncover a mini dungeon. I've always done that in any game I play and most of the time you just hit an invisible wall or a dead end. I love that in this game there's often something hidden there. (But not always, otherwise it would be predictable.)

• Like 4

20 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Roaming around Queensdale, I came across a few things that seemed a bit coincidencial and unusual; so I started adding things together and made this quick walk-through. 

Even if it is just mere coincidence, you should try it, just for the fun of it.

Only 1 Rule:

You must walk. No mounts allowed.

Here we go:

GW2 secret puzzle

In Queensdale, head towards the downstream river to the right of the starting point. 

Follow the downstream river that ends in a small waterfall, and drop down.

Get in between the water gap, and look outwards. You'll see the first clue. The windmill, which will become more apparent as we progress.

At the windmill, you'll notice a bear frightening a young lady. The bear is the second main clue to the riddle. Kill the bear, and the young woman will walk towards the picnic items, and will kneel. Look towards the direction she's facing, and you'll see a tree just like the one you're standing close to.

Head towards that tree, and notice how all the 3 people in the watermelon farm talk about rabbits. Get in the rabbit pen and notice they are all facing the same direction. Head towards where they are facing and you'll see a moveable gate. Open the gate and go right to the other moveable gate that leads to a small square fence. Head towards the tree in the corner, and turn around to face the house. Then left to see where to go next. You'll see the hospital where you recovered from the fight against the centaur spawn.

Head to the hospital, and speak to the priest who will give you clues about a path, and grave. Meaning the cemetery. 

Head towards the cemetery, and you'll see a tree just like the one in the square fence. Head towards it and turn around to see a statue of what appears to be dwayna. Head towards it and then towards where she is facing. There's a lone single grave stone. Read it. The clue states that "Your weapons are in good hands " it means the Windmill king skritt. Even the opening in the cemetery fence to the left also indicates to go there.

Go to the top of the windmill and you'll notice that one of the masts has a clear arrow pointing towards Greatheart Weald. 

Head towards it. You'll see more bears. Take revenge for the lady in distress from earlier, and head to the other side of the mountain using the bear cave.

Talk to the guards around and they will give you a clue to go to the centaur camp. Walk in the first barracks tent, and you'll see a tree. Clue as to why there's a tree inside a tent!? Turn around and it will indicate to go to the watchtower. Go up and it will face the swamp. Head towards it. 

Find the hut in the swamp. The Norn there will talk about Wind/Air and Darkness. From here, there might be two things. Either find the other statue in the swamp, which means that Air may represent flight; or he means Claypool, where the last windmill is. Let's try the statue first.

The statue wing points towards the previous windmill again, if you follow this option, the other windmill pole points towards the dam, where there's a bandit cave nearby… and the track ends here. 

If you go to the Claypool windmill, go up and you'll see an npc sleeping. Look up and see the pole is pointing towards the other bandit cave.

Head towards it, and notice how the centre where the boss spawns looks exactly like the spiral design in the windmill flags.

Conclusion :

Both riddles lead to bandit caves.

So far I haven't found any extraordinary treasure.

There is however, in both places, hidden crevices in the rocks high above.

But no treasure there.

Don't know what purposes these serve, but hey. Keep looking.

Secret World bee detected.

I'm very sure what you tracked was coincidental, especially given the depth of detail you analyzed to follow the trail.  GW2 riddles are far more surface level than what you'll find in Secret World investigation missions.  The "puzzles" in GW2 are often discovered by paying attention to the ambient dialogue.  

Another note, intended "puzzles," to use your term for the concept, lead to standardized chests or dynamic events.  The standardized chests are equivalent to what you'll find in mini-dungeons and jumping puzzles.  The dynamic event chains are, in themselves, the reward for following the trail of dialogue.

One good thing is that you're proclivity to explore will lead you to find all of the mini-dungeons and jumping puzzles with ease.  There usually aren't any hidden clues, in the level of detail you are looking for, to find these hidden locations.  They're found just by wondering "what's over there?"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2