GW2 10th anniversary, please don't forget the solo players Anet

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

For a birthday gift? Are you for real? 🤣

Oof, I can already see 99% of Tyria's population in tears.

But it's not a birthday gift. It's a reward you can earn that was made for the 10th anniversary of the game - hence 'Decade Armor'.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I wish people who disagree with others would stop using the word toxic, because like everything else, it's just posturing. It's not accessible to ALL players. It is accessible to most players. But that doesn't mean it's FUN to all players.

I bought a game without raids to have fun and I don't generally find raids fun. Your argument is that I'm being toxic, because I don't like raiding and don't want to see rewards I can't get locked behind them.  And asking for what I want makes me toxic. But you can ask for what you want and you're not toxic. Seems like a double standard.

I can do this content, I like this content so everyone should be required to do this to get this reward?  Is asking for what I want really toxic? If most people don't do it or like it, then asking for rewarded to be locked behind it is simply bad for business.

See when a hard core player asks for what he wants that's fine. But when a casual player asks for what he wants he's toxic. I get it now, thanks.

Well for one the hardcore player ask for more content then rewards get locked behind that content because the Developers say so.

A casual ( not all just the i cant do anything) player ask to play less content but get the new rewards as well.

See how that is not the same thing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

You dont know that like most of the ppl left this game in 2012/2013 cos there was no challenge, cos there were no healers etcetc.

No, most people left in 2012/2013 because they were the content locust and no game that actually exist would have been able to satisfy them. Most of new players to any MMORPG drop that game within weeks (or at most few months) since picking it up. Some return at some point, but most never do, they just keep moving from new title to new title looking for that one game that will finally "click". Which will never happen, because what they're looking for is either a theoretical "perfect game" that is so full of expectations that keep contradicting each other that it cannot exist in practice, or a game that is like one they once played and liked, but Done Better(TM).

10 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

If HoT didnt landed this game would be shut down by now, and in fact is the most active content of Open World, so is the content people like more and you are just putting pressure constantly on Anet "dont do that" so the game dies or what?

Yes, if an expansion didn't drop, the game would have shut down, because players expected an expansion and would not have stayed for expansionless approach. We had an exact repeat of that during IBS. Notice, though, that the expansion they dropped then had to go through a major revamp of content (including making stuff easier and more rewarding) before it became popular. And it remains a staple exactly because its metas are like that - easy and fast to do, but still offering good rewards.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well for one the hardcore player ask for more content then rewards get locked behind that content because the Developers say so.

A casual ( not all just the i cant do anything) player ask to play less content but get the new rewards as well.

Yes. One asks for content and rewards for themselves, and want to deny them for others. Another asks for something for everyone.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Casual want a different reward for their area they love

You can keep your special Raid set or CM flower effect

Spoiler

(i swear to god , i feellike 1/3 are raid seller and the rest wants to be liked like Teapot...like any highschool teenager ....while he is not arguing in the forums to prevent other people from having nice things

Btw if you try to "corner"people to submission (Vayne) , so they stop responding and "you" become the "only voice" in the forums, i will do the same for the next 5 years ..we show the new people some fun and our true colors.

I am such a low scummy Greek)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

That's my take on it too. Anet wants more of the population to do strikes, but I don't think they're getting the numbers they thought they would. Most of my guild doesn't do them, though I've done them all.  Same with raids. I've done almost every raid boss now and a couple of challenge mode raid bosses, but I'm not in love with the format. I can do them but it's not fun for me. The more rewards locked behind that kind of content the less likely  I am to want to play.

You do know that your guild isn’t the only one in the game, right? There are many dedicated raid guilds. In one of my guilds, not a raid guild, 90% of the members do strike missions and raids regularly. There are very different types of guilds in this game. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

43 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Casual want a different reward for their area they love

You can keep your special Raid set or CM flower effect

Hide contents

(i swear to god , i feellike 1/3 are raid seller and the rest wants to be liked like Teapot...like any highschool teenager ....while he is not arguing in the forums to prevent other people from having nice things

Btw if you try to "corner"people to submission (Vayne) , so they stop responding and become the "only voice" in the forums, i will do the same for the next 5 years ..we show the new people some fun and our true colors)

Yes you already got different rewards for the area you love but no you want more rewards.

So exactly like I said thanks for reinforcing my point.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 6

19 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes you already got different rewards for the area you love but no you want more rewards.

So exactly like I said thanks for reinforcing my point.

So on OW legendery with an ugly skin , is out of the question ?

It's just a ugly skin .... if i get good , i will try the Raid one ...

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

This threads funny, all I see for the first few pages is Vayne talking to himself due to the forums ignore function that I use to hide players who want the game to die. 

The games casual player base is huge, so much better then any other part. The worst thing Anet did of recent note was cross the streams with EoD and the Turtle mount, locking it behind at first raid level content that RAIDERS COULD NOT BEAT. Before finally moving it out of it so we could never see that final zone again for the rest of our lives, only to then be forced to do a strike for no reason other then making the players hate themselves and the game. DE will always be this huge stain on the game no matter how much the people on my ignore list defend it. 

The 10th anni stuff needs to make sure there is a way to earn all of it solo. Its a fact. If they don't do this, it will leave a sour note on their tenth celebrations for a lot of people. If anything we should get it just for logging in, but if we have to do something, that something should be extremely easy, a show up reward and a movie for showing up. Maybe an old Lions Arch celebration you need a ticket for or something. They already messed up many world bosses with their other recent change, I really hope they don't mess this up. The ninth was already underwhelming as it was all tied to the achievement and not the present itself. 

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5

39 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

This threads funny, all I see for the first few pages is Vayne talking to himself due to the forums ignore function that I use to hide players who want the game to die. 

The games casual player base is huge, so much better then any other part. The worst thing Anet did of recent note was cross the streams with EoD and the Turtle mount, locking it behind at first raid level content that RAIDERS COULD NOT BEAT. Before finally moving it out of it so we could never see that final zone again for the rest of our lives, only to then be forced to do a strike for no reason other then making the players hate themselves and the game. DE will always be this huge stain on the game no matter how much the people on my ignore list defend it. 

The 10th anni stuff needs to make sure there is a way to earn all of it solo. Its a fact. If they don't do this, it will leave a sour note on their tenth celebrations for a lot of people. If anything we should get it just for logging in, but if we have to do something, that something should be extremely easy, a show up reward and a movie for showing up. Maybe an old Lions Arch celebration you need a ticket for or something. They already messed up many world bosses with their other recent change, I really hope they don't mess this up. The ninth was already underwhelming as it was all tied to the achievement and not the present itself. 

Talking about the narrow minded part of the casual player base 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Talking about the narrow minded part of the casual player base 

Yea I dont see the point in blocking people so you cant follow converstations.

Only almost blocked 1 person on this forum since they do pointless thread after pointless bait thread but even that was not enough for me.

People got the right to speak and I got the right to respond in kind. 

Forum pvp is the only true pvp in this game.😁

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

I answered a question how  do that reinforce his point in any way?

His point is let me get more stuff ontop of what I already get for doing what I already do please.

Wait, didn't raiders get some Skins (chance) + new Auras + money + EoD precursosrs , for CM Strikes + more gold for Raids ?

I am not still allowed to have something for my mode ? Preaty plz ,it can be ungly !

(i dont understand , why people hate each other , "us vs them"  mentality:P)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

10 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes. One asks for content and rewards for themselves, and want to deny them for others. Another asks for something for everyone.

I dont remember one thread (doesnt mean there arent, just not common) where someone asks for specific reward to be less accessible. Sure there are clashes when something is announced and how the reward structure should look like. But seeking to additionally lock something specific behind X.

Every time a new reward comes to the game there are threads from players feeling the reward should be easier to get for them. And no, this is not good for everyone. Some actually like to play a game and not get everything handed to them. A game like this should have unique rewards for specific challenges otherwise what is the point of rewards. It stops being a "reward" at that point anyway..  Might as well just sell everything for 2 copper and call it a day. Everything for everyone.  

And this is not only ow vs raid or casual vs competitive or whatever divide some see here. You see players ask for less OW grind also. It only comes down to 2 types; players that feel entitled enough that a game should be changed for them and players that play the game as it was designed and try to overcome it. You know kinda what a game should be, overcoming a challenge, winning vs other players, solving a puzzle...

Edited by Cuks.8241
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 4