We really should get a free set of Legendary Armor

11 hours ago, crowy.1536 said:

if you consider a game work, you should think about stop playing.

Really tired and overused response to a complaint. Everything requires work. It's part of physics. The same applies to GW2. Referring to unlocking something as "work" is entirely normal and reasonable.

OP is wrong though, they'd have to be insane to just give away legendary armor and completely invalidate the other three methods of obtaining it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

There are not enough laughing emojis for this thread.

Egad.  How entitled can a person be?

They could be someone who raids or does PvP or WvW because all 3 of those modes, based on what people are saying in this thread, get legendary armor sets with not that much effort or time. Giving away a legendary armor set is ridiculous, but making one obtainable outside of those 3 modes is not.

Edited by Yaki.9563
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Funky.4861 said:

Let me get this right: you want a full set of the best armour in the game for every character on your account just for logging in and slobbing about in open world? And you want this for everyone who is eligible for the 10-year anniversary? Are you actually for real?

I mean you get one (or 3, according to some here) for slobbing about in WvW/PvP/Raids for just a year, let alone 10.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yaki.9563 said:

I mean you get one (or 3, according to some here) for slobbing about in WvW/PvP/Raids for just a year, let alone 10.

Try to see how much of that content you clear with an average 2-3k DPS open-world build. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to drop another player's health by even 50%. Keep in mind that for the average player, even just buildcrafting, practicing a rotation, etc. is considered high difficulty, immediately making any kind of content where you have to do so challenging for them.

Players are rewarded for those modes because they're hard (outside of ktraining, but..). Once you're relatively skilled at the game, open-world doesn't even have the slightest bit of difficulty outside of meta bosses, and even alot of those can be low-manned on decent builds.

Orr at launch and Maguuma at HoT release, now that was another story, but its history.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Busty Bombsalot.4570 said:

We really should get a free set of Legendary armor for all of our toons that are 10 yo. Not something you have to go out and work for. We already did ten years of work. Give something back to the players that have made this game great.

So someone who created an account and a character at launch then never played again should get legendary armor?

It's not even hard getting legendary armor it's just time consuming. Legendary armor has been out for like 5 years? So if you haven't made a set yet then that's your fault for not putting in the effort to make one. I understand not having time to do any of the content but if you just do a little at a time you would have had a set by now, it's been years since it's release at this point the people who want legendary armor have gotten it through playing and the ones who haven't are either new or are just people still complaining about "how hard it is to get it," and honestly the ones complaining about it aren't going to make any effort anyways so they don't deserve it at the 10 year mark anyways. I hated raids and I spent every week learning raids to complete as many of the wings as possible until I was full clearing it. I finished my raid set in 2-3 months after it was released. Do you even know how toxic pug raids were at that time? Everyone was trying to clear it and it was a toxic kitten fest since it was the only way to get legendary armor at the time. 

So no you don't deserve a legendary set for having an account for 10 years. Suck it up and go play the game if you want one. 

Edited by Zero.1028
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Busty Bombsalot.4570 said:

We really should get a free set of Legendary armor for all of our toons that are 10 yo. Not something you have to go out and work for. We already did ten years of work. Give something back to the players that have made this game great.

As one of the most avid proposers of non-raid non-hc PvE legendary armor set, i have only one response to the above.

...duh?

No, seriously, legendary armor should be something you have to "go out and work for". We can argue about the specifics of that work, effort required, content you have to play in, cost and timegates on the way, but that one core general principle should not be removed. If you want a general game participation reward, there's the amulet already. No need to replicate it for other slots.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If you want a general game participation reward, there's the amulet already.

The amulet is not a reward for general game participation, it's a LW: S2-IBS reward. The closest thing to an actual "general game participation reward" would be the "Decade armor set" if it's implemented as described.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Confused 3

14 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

The amulet is not a reward for general game participation, it's a LW: S2-IBS reward. The closest thing to an actual "general game participation reward" would be the "Decade armor set" if it's implemented as described.

That one will also require actually playing the game and completing an associated collection (or collection set). Which will make it very much like the amulet.

I do agree, that Aurora is not strictly "just playing game for x years" type of reward, like for example the backpack skins/weapons/armor set from birthday gifts, but it's still the easiest legendary piece available. With no additional cost associated with it. And i personally think that we not only should not go lower than that, but do not even try to equal it again.

Except maybe with Aquabreathers 😛

39 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That one will also require actually playing the game and completing an associated collection (or collection set). Which will make it very much like the amulet.

I was specifically referring to the nature of something being a "general game participation reward", from what they said getting the new armor set relates to every piece of content released to this day while the Prismatic Champion's Regalia only relates to specific LW content.

39 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Aurora is not strictly "just playing game for x years" type of reward, like for example the backpack skins/weapons/armor set from birthday gifts, but it's still the easiest legendary piece available. With no additional cost associated with it.

I suppose you meant the Regalia? Anyway it's not even close to being the easiest, the achievement related gameplay requirements are on par with both Aurora and Vision (and as opposed to them you can't just skip most of the achievements by playing sPvP / WvW either), the only thing missing here is the "do the obligatory X rounds of the Tarir meta to satisfy the gold sink" and while not having it does take away "game participation" I don't think one can count this as "missing difficulty".

Also, the actual "easiest legendary piece available" are still all the "competitive" stuff. I got Conflux entirely through WvW dailies. Exept for the things you can buy on the TP: In sheer terms of "difficulty" nothing else comes even close to being that easy.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Confused 4

11 minutes ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

You jealous <10 people are ruining us 10 year folks’s rewards. To kitten with your no’s.

Yeah, sure. That's why i see the greatest opposition to this idea in this thread coming from the side of veteran players. Because we're all so jealous. Not exactly sure of what, but we definitely are...

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

You jealous <10 people are ruining us 10 year folks’s rewards. To kitten with your no’s.

Why should I be jealous? Jealous of your nonsensical dream to get legendary armor as a birthday present? It won’t happen and that’s good. 
 I play since launch and already have legendary armor sets. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3

Just now, Dayra.7405 said:

If you really play all the 10 years and didn't got at least 1 legendary armor so far, you are in the wrong game 😉 

No, actually not getting a piece of legendary armor even after playing (actively) for 10 years is extremely believable, considering how relatively niche the 3 pathways to obtain it are. Still not an argument for just giving a set to veterans for free. Because that would be ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

22 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

No, actually not getting a piece of legendary armor even after playing (actively) for 10 years is extremely believable, considering how relatively niche the 3 pathways to obtain it are. Still not an argument for just giving a set to veterans for free. Because that would be ridiculous.

Actively playing all the 10 years is quite niche as well. If you still did not reached end-game in any of the 3 ways (PvE, WvW, PvP), what did you do all the time? Only showing out your fashion in Lionarch?

🤣🤣If yes: I would agree to getting any free skin to choose (incl. the skin of the leg. armor) for 10th birthday cannot be that this isn't reachable for Fashion Wars 2 players  🤣  🤣

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

This is the mindset of the typical GW2 white knight. They think that it can’t happen so asking for it is asking too much of the game, having unrealistic expectations, making the game look inferior, etc. So naturally these poor souls come to the following conclusion. “No, no… It’s GOOD that it won’t happen! I don’t want it, after all!” Every single thread criticizing the game turns faces these white knighters’ defense.

It can’t and it should not happen. It’s just an absurd thing to ask. What about players like who already have three legendary sets? Shouldn’t a present be something for everyone? 
If you want legendary armor you can easily get it. The game offers you three methods. Crying on the forum to get it for free is not one of them, sorry. 

Everyone who played since launch should at least have one set by now.  

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

It can’t and it should not happen. It’s just an absurd thing to ask. What about players like who already have three legendary sets? Shouldn’t a present be something for everyone? 
If you want legendary armor you can easily get it. The game offers you three methods. Crying on the forum to get it for free is not one of them, sorry. 

Everyone who played since launch should at least have one set by now.  

Oh boo hoo, Scrooge! You already have all legendary armors do they should give everyone something else. How selfish. Just salvage the kitten things.

• Like 1
  • Confused 11