HealAlacRen vs QuickHealHerald - Which one?

Firstpyre.8439

Hello everyone, just getting back into the game, and finally giving Rev a proper try and realize that I love it! I overwhelmingly prefer to be a support player, and as far as I'm aware these are the two 'viable' heal options from the Elite Specs. I love the aesthetics of both - dragon and charr! 

So now it's a question - which one is more fun? Which one is more difficult? Which one has a better 'mastery' curve - aka, you can noticeably improve in playing the spec. 

I would like to do fractals, strikes, and PvP

Thanks!

Edited by Firstpyre.8439

• Firstpyre.8439 changed the title to HealAlacRen vs QuickHealHerald - Which one?

I play rev mainly but for support go with ele. Since u want exactly rev, go with alac Rene. With this you have more flexibility, u take ventary stance for big heal, and second legend can choose. Kalla gives more heals and big cc, dwarf stability. And u give alacrity regardless what legends u took. Use staff and mace/axe for weapons, staff is heal, mace 2+3 is fire field blast for might, axe for cc .

Rene generally will cover might, fury(if took devastation instead invocation, meh), Regen, alac, protection(when Kalla taken) and stability.

Herald does not have flexibility. U need herald for quickness ventary for heals. Will work for strikes but not fracs, where you need stab. Only if you will ask other people to take stab which weird. Anyways, if u want to workaround on daily basis and look for specific party composition, herald gives more boons and good heals too.

Quickness, protection, might, Regen, fury without much effort. Weapons are same, can take shield instead of axe for roleplay.

Both are not hard to play.

Both can use same gear so just try both.

And i would nor recommend any rev support in pvp. 

• Like 1

Heal ren can cover alac, 25Might, prot, resolution, regeneration and with deva & pack rune, fury + some swiftness

Glint can cover quickness, 25might, prot, regeneration, fury, swiftness & can give some nice effects via facet of nature.

Both can choose freely what second legend they wanna use, because both have very strong healing on their own. 

Dwarf for stability (dmg reduction on herald)

Ventari for healing + some boons (AoE healing/cleanse on herald)

Demon for boonstrip. 

While HRene has to take Packrune for some swiftness & perma fury, herald can simply take monk rune for even stronger healing. Heralds AoE healing and booning make it pretty nice in any content with running and splitting.

But i have to say, they are hard to compare since they arent in the same section. HealAlac / HealQuick

Its like Hmech with Hfb. Both good in their stuff, but no one is generally better. 

So far ive used heal herald in every pve content and its very nice. Easy to play and reliable booning & healing. Cant say much about hRene cuz havent played. You can use both with the same gear and choose what you like more, but id definetely agree with the person above in terms of pvp. Heal rev is meh in PvE. Maybe better with vindicator, but thats horrible in pve atm.

Edited by Virdo.1540

Short answer: You need to take both so you can adjust according to your group composition.

You have two equipment templates and three build templates, so make a damage set (Berserker's) and a support set with boon duration (Minstrel's is a good choice, Harrier's if you're more hardcore), then make your three builds DPS, alacrity support and quickness support.

When you join squads just say "dps, alacheal or quickheal", and do what the leader says. (The reason to have a DPS build is because sometimes the support slots will already be taken.)

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

10 minutes ago, Virdo.1540 said:

Both can choose freely what second legend they wanna use, because both have very strong healing on their own. 

If herald without ventary, your only healing skills are Regen, staff 4 and staff auto, no? Maybe shield 4 if taken. No burst heal.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Polar.8634 said:

If herald without ventary, your only healing skills are Regen, staff 4 and staff auto, no? Maybe shield 4 if taken. No burst heal.

Ok i checked and there are ways to heal from dodges and some heal from any skill, so might be good. Should try herald heal. 

I play quite much recently with Heal Quickness Herald and it's so great I am speechless. Maybe not as broken as Heal Firebrand but pretty close. Heal Alacrity Renegade doesn't come close regarding healing output or surviability. Go with HQH, it's great.

• Confused 1

Heal Quick Herald is in direct competition with Heal Quick Firebrand, here are the pros and cons of both:

1. Both HFB and Herald can apply Stability but Firebrand can do that without sacrificing much. Meanwhile Herald has to switch to Glint/Jalis which is a huge tradeoff. This is the biggest reason why Firebrand is preferred at the moment!
  2. Revenant energy management force you to plan ahead, a disadvantage that Firebrand does not have.
  3. Both Herald and Firebrand have some reflect but if you need an obscene uptime of reflect then Herald is your boy.
  4. Firebrand have access to a decent amount of CC but nothing comparable to what Herald can do.
  5. If you want to apply all your boon to your subgroup as a firebrand you need to either fit them in a cone in front of your or stack on top of them, then place a symbol where they need to stay for some time, then every 7 second you need to fit them in a 360 circle around you... and it is just tricky in disorganized group. Meanwhile Herald apply most of their juicy boon in a wide 360 AoE around them, if the group is scattered everywhere for some reason they still receive good boon.
  6. Herald is slow to apply 25 stack of might which mean everyone does less damage on their opener. After August 23 Firebrand may struggle to apply 25 stack of might (Switching Honorable staff to Empowering might may fix that but it will come at a cost).
  7. While we speak about disorganized group, people will routinely dodge away from guardian symbols (then complain about healing 😄). Herald does not have this problem and while both class can heal decently, herald tend to have stronger heals in my experience.
  8. Firebrand apply Resolution and Aegis, Herald provide boon extension for the group.
  9. Firebrand is a low hp class and their heal skill is not really the best for self sustain so they may feel squishy at time. Herald is super tough and can take a huge beating.

As for Heal Alacrity Renegade it has to compete with Heal Alac Mech at the moment. I don't play neither of those spec so I can't really provide as much input there.

Edited by Guybrush.4762
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Polar.8634 said:

(snip)

And i would nor recommend any rev support in pvp. 

It is very good but u have to have confidence and know ur team mates well, imo it is very goodbut not for random encounters and random teams.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

As for sacrificing much when going Jalis instead of Ventari. It's not really that much, here's why:

1. As Herald you have strongest regeneration in whole game, that's very nice passive healing.

2. Shield 4, Staff 4 are strong burst heals, Staff 2 is small, but respectable heal

3. If with shield you also take mace, you can blast some fields, mace 2 have fire field, Jalis stab is light and you can use other's fields as well

4. Facet of Nature on Jalis reduce dmg taken by your party, thus you need less healing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I played both builds, but since the Herald/Ventari overhaul i'm just in love with the quickheal-Herald. A build I didn't know would work that well. Big plus points to it are the insane amounts of CC, the Ventari projectile block wich is extremely helpful at Harvest Temple-Strike for example, or some Raid encounters, the tablet can also be used for range healing (not as easy as Druids range, but has huge burst healing) and with some Toughness on it's a great tank.

Compared to the alacheal-Tempest it definately came out better. Wich is making me a bit sad, since I'm an Ele main.

Edited by Markus.6415

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 6:35 PM, Kydar Schattendolch.6879 said:

Herald:
"Draconic Echo" is revamped to the following effect:
You retain your facet passives for a duration after using their consume abilities. Using a upkeep skill grants quickness to allies around you.
Quickness shared with Herald upkeep skills can be stacked.
Quickness: 1s (per Herald upkeep skill in use)
Maximum count for Herald upkeep skills: 3
Quickness: 2s (for other legends upkeep skills in use)
Interval: 3s
Radius: 600

I've seen this and I think the way to do it would have been better, even if the numbers might be wrong.

In another post, some people for the elementalist said that we should just put the alac at the beginning of the overload skill instead of the end to avoid being interrupted.

Quick Heal Herald

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAYx7lpQJdMLiKndRT1MMqqnJSh9tCaogntkfrE-zRZYdRBpmqaoqqgjYoUCMCqtAqOBSPE89QQgJQqd1zQogABkoCRSVAWafYDA-e

This is what I have been using for open world/strikes/raids. It works for fractals as well, but if you've got a fractal potion you'd want to swap some harriers with zealot so that boon duration isn't overcapped.

Maximum uptime of boons on sword, just swap to staff as needed for CC or healing. If more healing is needed then swap the trait Rolling Mists for Song of the Mists, but it's pretty easy to camp staff for healing with this build and still keep boons going.

The site is incorrect for boon duration, it's actually 98.06% (sword/shield) and 75.06% (staff) with food and infusions - which are not required to play this build effectively, but it does help a bit to maintain might on allies. Overall, it's a fun build that pretty much plays itself.

Note: This build does help prevent groups from wiping whether or not a source of Stability/Aegis is present. Using Jalis to provide Stability is not my recommendation but is still an available option. The use of sword/shield can provide permanent stability with the amount of boon duration this build has.

Edited by Charybdis.3695
See note
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Charybdis.3695 said:

Quick Heal Herald

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAYx7lpQJdMLiKndRT1MMqqnJSh9tCaogntkfrE-zRZYdRBpmqaoqqgjYoUCMCqtAqOBSPE89QQgJQqd1zQogABkoCRSVAWafYDA-e

This is what I have been using for open world/strikes/raids. It works for fractals as well, but if you've got a fractal potion you'd want to swap some harriers with zealot so that boon duration isn't overcapped.

Maximum uptime of boons on sword, just swap to staff as needed for CC or healing. If more healing is needed then swap the trait Rolling Mists for Song of the Mists, but it's pretty easy to camp staff for healing with this build and still keep boons going.

The site is incorrect for boon duration, it's actually 98.06% (sword/shield) and 75.06% (staff) with food and infusions - which are not required to play this build effectively, but it does help a bit to maintain might on allies. Overall, it's a fun build that pretty much plays itself.

Note: This build does help prevent groups from wiping whether or not a source of Stability/Aegis is present. Using Jalis to provide Stability is not my recommendation but is still an available option. The use of sword/shield can provide permanent stability with the amount of boon duration this build has.

ppl play mace instead of sword for ability to provide perma 10 might from blasts. + having same stats on both weapon sets is convenient. if you want to have some damage better go celestial stats.

I ended up using this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAYl7lpQJdMLiKndRT1MMqqnJSh9tCaogl1TVrE-zRJYqRNfZkaGUdJ47s0+mFA-e

for hybrid could use this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAYl7lpQIdMLKKndRS1MMCqnJSg9tCSogjuTVrE-zxIY1omvQ6KEStAqOD8dWaf3CA-e

Edited by Polar.8634
  • Thanks 1