Decade of the Dragons achievement

Alik.9651

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And the remaining 20% don't want to be there with all those PvErs as well

And -if they really care about that- they're mostly playing ranked, so what's the issue?

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Which brings up an issue - who this is even for?

Here's a rather obvious example from this thread:

On 8/26/2022 at 5:28 PM, notebene.3190 said:

After having done 10, and not really understanding what I was supposed to do on some of the maps, and not having any good builds (finally just took my open world Mech in and did sorta okay), it wasn't as horrible (unranked mind you) as I had it built up in my mind. I am considering trying out some PvP dailies moving forward, should the open world dailies seem meh to me, and/or WvW doesn't happen to work out that day. I can see why they would like some more maps and stuff to play and do, and I would thumbs up that idea.

So, yeah, I was not entirely accurate for 10 years. It's aight, as the kids say. 🙃

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Why people are making a big deal out of this...is just a few matches, nobody is asking you to get God of PvP or win a tournament, I for sure didnt wanted to do events in all over the world, but I did it anyway...its one sPvP and one WvW achievement guys, its not the end of the world

• Like 7
  • Confused 8

5 hours ago, Felipe.1807 said:

Why people are making a big deal out of this...is just a few matches, nobody is asking you to get God of PvP or win a tournament, I for sure didnt wanted to do events in all over the world, but I did it anyway...its one sPvP and one WvW achievement guys, its not the end of the world

Lets say you are a group of 10 people out on a Saturday night and you're all getting hungry. 9 of you want pizza and 1 of you wants sushi.

What do you think happens in that scenario? We get pizza. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 8/28/2022 at 6:11 PM, Leger.3724 said:

Lets say you are a group of 10 people out on a Saturday night and you're all getting hungry. 9 of you want pizza and 1 of you wants sushi.

What do you think happens in that scenario? We get pizza. 

What a weak argument is that? Nothing stops you to do the sPvP achievemnt and the WvW ones, is the easiest thing in the world, you dont even have to win the matches lol and you just have to follow the tag in WvW and you will get it done before you know it...this is nothing compared to the ascension pre nerf were you actually needed to "git gud" and climb in rank and have to fight to say there

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Felipe.1807 said:

What a weak argument is that? Nothing stops you to do the sPvP achievemnt and the WvW ones, is the easiest thing in the world, you dont even have to win the matches lol and you just have to follow the tag in WvW and you will get it done before you know it...this is nothing compared to the ascension pre nerf were you actually needed to "git gud" and climb in rank and have to fight to say there

Nobody is complaining about 10 WvW events. People are complaining about 10 sPvP matches that even in ideal stomp scenarios will take over an hour to complete.

Like I said, you seem to think we should all drive the extra hour to get sushi instead of just getting pizza. Some friend.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Leger.3724 said:

Nobody is complaining about 10 WvW events. People are complaining about 10 sPvP matches that even in ideal stomp scenarios will take over an hour to complete.

Like I said, you seem to think we should all drive the extra hour to get sushi instead of just getting pizza. Some friend.

And how long it takes for someone to wait a boss to spawn? Or do events on a map? Its the same thing, if people spend less time complaining on the foruns over trivial stuff and more time playing it they would realize its not a big deal and would be done with it before they notice it.

sPvP and WvW are part of the game as well, you dont see PvP only players complaining that they have to do events on maps that they might not even have waypoints unlocked yet, PvE players as usually being the main target audience and still complaining, some things never change.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Leger.3724 said:

Nope, just get the pizza. If that is what you want, go for it.

Of course then you will not meet the requirements set by the guy who owns both restaurants and offers a prize to people who visit both.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Felipe.1807 said:

And how long it takes for someone to wait a boss to spawn? Or do events on a map? Its the same thing, if people spend less time complaining on the foruns over trivial stuff and more time playing it they would realize its not a big deal and would be done with it before they notice it.

sPvP and WvW are part of the game as well, you dont see PvP only players complaining that they have to do events on maps that they might not even have waypoints unlocked yet, PvE players as usually being the main target audience and still complaining, some things never change.

- People can complain and still play, they are not mutually-exclusive.

- If you don't want to do something, you might spend time avoiding it and complaining about it instead of doing it, this is nothing new under the sun. Why would you spend your time doing it instead if you don't want to do it. This is a video game, not chores you have to do as a kid.

- PvPers and WvWers def complain about such things, you just may not see it as much, probably because there are less of them.

- Even if they didn't complain (they do) it wouldn't somehow invalidate PvEers complaints.

- Being "the main target audience" doesn't invalidate you from complaining, if anything it means you should complain more vocally when you have a problem since you are among an audience the company might actually want to listen to.

Edited by Labjax.2465
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, Felipe.1807 said:

So I have to wonder then, why are YOU here complaining about the people who aren't thrilled about this issue? Why aren't you off playing the game instead of worrying about how others feel about the game?

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

32 minutes ago, Felipe.1807 said:

Yes, I am the customer. You are the freeloader. It's simple. Why shouldn't they cater to me?

The money in this game is made in PvE. It just is. Why should Arena Net be focused on anything else? They've given you 10 years. It hasn't worked out. Time to give it up.

I get this isn't fun to hear but the reality is Arena Net should focus on the pve player base and they aren't exactly happy to be wasting 1-2 hours in spvp. It's not going to solve spvp's lack of interest. It's only going to antagonize and alienate pvers.

You're acting like we should treat everyone equally. Arena Net is running a business. They should not treat someone spending 10 cents with as much care as someone spending $100. They should treat both with respect obviously but be firm that the person with 10 cents isn't going to get as much as the person with $100.

Edited by Leger.3724
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Labjax.2465 said:

- People can complain and still play, they are not mutually-exclusive.

- If you don't want to do something, you might spend time avoiding it and complaining about it instead of doing it, this is nothing new under the sun. Why would you spend your time doing it instead if you don't want to do it. This is a video game, not chores you have to do as a kid.

- PvPers and WvWers def complain about such things, you just may not see it as much, probably because there are less of them.

- Even if they didn't complain (they do) it wouldn't somehow invalidate PvEers complaints.

- Being "the main target audience" doesn't invalidate you from complaining, if anything it means you should complain more vocally when you have a problem since you are among an audience the company might actually want to listen to.

I already did my share of complaining back in the day, "Why no Legendary armor/weapons for sPvP?" and when we got "Why they arent exclusive skins? Its literally a reskin?" among other things that dont really matter right now...regardless, those were actual valid complains, if you think doing 10 pvp matches is to much, then dont do it, easy as that...Anet once removed achievement points of PvP exclusive titles cause a certain PvE player would never get them and he complained no stop, so hey, maybe Anet will remove this one as well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Leger.3724 said:

Yes, I am the customer. You are the freeloader. It's simple. Why shouldn't they cater to me?

The money in this game is made in PvE. It just is. Why should Arena Net be focused on anything else? They've given you 10 years. It hasn't worked out. Time to give it up.

I get this isn't fun to hear but the reality is Arena Net should focus on the pve player base and they aren't exactly happy to be wasting 1-2 hours in spvp. It's not going to solve spvp's lack of interest. It's only going to antagonize and alienate pvers.

You're acting like we should treat everyone equally. Arena Net is running a business. They should not treat someone spending 10 cents with as much care as someone spending $100. They should treat both with respect obviously but be firm that the person with 10 cents isn't going to get as much as the person with $100.

Except they did nothing but cater to you through all these years?? Are we even playing the same game? I play this game since release, so dont come with the "you are a freeloader"...I dont want to get in trouble with the mods here, so not even gonna bother with you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Felipe.1807 said:

I already did my share of complaining back in the day, "Why no Legendary armor/weapons for sPvP?" and when we got "Why they arent exclusive skins? Its literally a reskin?" among other things that dont really matter right now...regardless, those were actual valid complains, if you think doing 10 pvp matches is to much, then dont do it, easy as that...Anet once removed achievement points of PvP exclusive titles cause a certain PvE player would never get them and he complained no stop, so hey, maybe Anet will remove this one as well.

So what I'm hearing is, if it's a complaint you have, it's a valid complaint, but if it's a complaint someone else has, then it's not valid and they should just stop complaining and deal with it? 🤨

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

So I have to wonder then, why are YOU here complaining about the people who aren't thrilled about this issue? Why aren't you off playing the game instead of worrying about how others feel about the game?

Cause its not a "issue"? Claiming that doing 10 sPvP matches, not winning, not getting high scores, kills, etc, just playing 10 matches as a "issue" is just being dishonest, and crap like this is what makes the devs give even less attention to the game mode, even if that is barelly even possible at this point

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Labjax.2465 said:

So what I'm hearing is, if it's a complaint you have, it's a valid complaint, but if it's a complaint someone else has, then it's not valid and they should just stop complaining and deal with it? 🤨

Yes, locking skins on game which whole deal is Fashion Wars under one single game mode, aka Raids, and not doing  a equal counterpart for sPvP and WvW is equal to "Doing 10 sPvP matches is to much"....you guys are so disengenous its actually insufferable, this is pointless regardless, the achievements hopefully are here to stay and can only hope the next ones actually require more cross modes achievements to finish.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Felipe.1807 said:

Yes, locking skins on game which whole deal is Fashion Wars under one single game mode, aka Raids, and not doing  a equal counterpart for sPvP and WvW is equal to "Doing 10 sPvP matches is to much"....you guys are so disengenous its actually insufferable, this is pointless regardless, the achievements hopefully are here to stay and can only hope the next ones actually require more cross modes achievements to finish.

Yeah, I am pretty disingenuous for wanting the people who get to do 1/20 of these in their preferred game mode to not be treated that way and to also think it's valid for the people who can do 18/20 in their preferred game mode to not be treated that way either. It's very dishonest for me to treat the complaints as valid and not try to splinter the issue into a tribalistic war between PvEer and PvPer. Mea culpa, I will be sure to try to split the playerbase into camps that get mad at each other when they could be agreeing next time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Leger.3724 said:

And ANet does, in fact, already allocate more resources to PvE. Even this specific achievement is more PvE focused. So they do allocate a smaller piece of the pie to the smaller portion of the player base...who may individually spend as much, or more, who knows, than any given PvE player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Felipe.1807 said:

Except they did nothing but cater to you through all these years?? Are we even playing the same game? I play this game since release, so dont come with the "you are a freeloader"...I dont want to get in trouble with the mods here, so not even gonna bother with you.

Lol. They literally launched the game with spvp tournaments. They brought in that Starcraft commentator to commentate them. 10 years later with a failing playerbase the solution is use the 10th anniversary to design content with the express purpose of forcing everyone who wants access to the content to play 10 spvp games.

Legendary equipment shoehorned pvp and wvw into it. Why was this even necessary for spvp? It's just skins. You're maxed out when you enter lobby. But no. That was not good enough. Add a unique legendary with a unique effect. Require glory for most other legendaries. 

This game has always spent too much time on spvp. And even with all this intervention by Arena Net the trend is still negative.

Maybe next event they consider finding a way to avoid shoehorning spvp into their fun celebration event. And then start cutting pvp from serious events and pve content too. Enough is enough.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

After finally getting the cape I have to say the only thing that part of the achievement achieved was making sure that I'd never que into another game of sPvP ever again. It was honestly some of the most miserable time I've had in this game over the past 8 years I've played it. At least it was quick. Rather a horrible end than endless horror.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

The people crying about the ten PvP matches remind me of small children that don’t want to eat their vegetables because “they don’t like them” 

We all knew that it will involve PvP and WvW because they wrote it in the blog post. Having to do ten events just makes sense because it’s the tenth anniversary. And honestly, playing ten games of PvP is really not a big deal. But some will complain no matter what. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, yoni.7015 said:

The people crying about the ten PvP matches remind me of small children that don’t want to eat their vegetables because “they don’t like them” 

We all knew that it will involve PvP and WvW because they wrote it in the blog post. Having to do ten events just makes sense because it’s the tenth anniversary. And honestly, playing ten games of PvP is really not a big deal. But some will complain no matter what. 

I agree that ten PvP matches isn’t a big ask.

I also, however, find it hilarious that it seems reasonable that playing a video game should sometimes feel like a small child feels choking down their Brussels sprouts.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I agree that ten PvP matches isn’t a big ask.

I also, however, find it hilarious that it seems reasonable that playing a video game should sometimes feel like a small child feels choking down their Brussels sprouts.

Well, small children don’t even try their vegetables and are claiming that they don’t like them, without at least trying them. Some here seem to have the same mindset.

I loved Brussel sprouts as a child. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3