Can we buff sword, please?

AliamRationem.5172

The top builds are 15-25% above sword weaver currently and there's really no reason this spec should be anything less than top tier.  It has one function and it has every disadvantage you could stack on a class to go along with that narrow focus.  Why is it middle-to-low-end DPS?  Why are weapons like dagger and staff pulling better numbers for weaver than its elite spec weapon?  Can we get some attention here?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Don't tell me the  buff to the auto-attack skills on sword has done nothing to weaver !?  I can't believe it.

I expected so much of the 0.8 coef on Fire AA.

Any more than that and it might have broken 35k benchmark and become "meta defining".   We wouldn't want to invite instant nerfs, would we?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

They just buffed it tho

They buffed auto attack on power damage builds, which admittedly needed the most help.  It wasn't enough.  However, the condi build also lags far behind the top builds as well as behind other weapon types available to weaver.  Weaver should really be near the top damage potential, given its limitations and sword, being its elite spec weapon, should at least perform as well as other weapons available to the class.  Makes sense, no?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

They buffed auto attack on power damage builds, which admittedly needed the most help.  It wasn't enough.  However, the condi build also lags far behind the top builds as well as behind other weapon types available to weaver.  Weaver should really be near the top damage potential, given its limitations and sword, being its elite spec weapon, should at least perform as well as other weapons available to the class.  Makes sense, no?

Makes sense yep, didn't see the benchmark atm for power weav so idk, but ye they should buff it a little more. Hybrid weaver could get 38k dps average (on golem obviously) last time I played it, it's not that bad

Ok, after loads of testing: 
Power weaver is still bad af. The AA buff didnt help this build at all (dps increase 1k is not noticable cause well going from 28 to 29k is not that big of a difference comparing to other builds). 

Condi weaver got some dps boost too, from what i can see around 500-1000 dps (since AA is part of the rotation of condi weaver aswell). Condi weaver still nets around 30-31k dps (and yes yes i got the rotation right and no i dont live in a server room to have 0 ping). 

Now lets compare it to braindead dps rifle mechanist. Which has braindead rotation and nets you 34-35k dps (did i mention i have tried this build for the first time and with exotic gear to get this result?). And it has range capability compared to sword weaver. If that is balance then im the president of the world. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

just speaking my mind here, i feel like sword has always been a meh condi weapon (compared to its alternatives) that only became good under condi weaver magic, try giving it to condi core ele and itd probably flop

flame uprising is only 4s (base) burn with 8s cd while recently buffed lava font is 4-6s (total) burn with 6s cd

cauterising strike is only 8s burn, while old flame burst was 12s total (18s now)

earthern vortex is only 16s bleed while ring of earth is 36s bleed. rust frenzy is only 32s bleed

looking back, the only worthwhile condi skills seems to be pyro vortex (16s burn) and maybe rust frenzy, while everything else is barely any better than 1-2 scepter autos/flamestrike (4s burn)

but that being said, because its so “meh” then it should be pretty easy to buff it

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Weaver should really be near the top damage potential, given its limitations and sword, being its elite spec weapon, should at least perform as well as other weapons available to the class.  Makes sense, no?

I'd even call for it to be the Highest DPS in the game. It's the most selfish DPS, melee, lowest hp, lowest armor, CC locked behind attunement, harder rotation, higher apm, can't do mechanics as well as other classes.

Another option is instead of giving it the highest DPS, give it the highest utilities. More boons on skills, more combo fields, more combo finishers, more teleport, etc. It's a squishy melee spec. Makes it worth taking!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine.5014 said:

I'd even call for it to be the Highest DPS in the game. It's the most selfish DPS, melee, lowest hp, lowest armor, CC locked behind attunement, harder rotation, higher apm, can't do mechanics as well as other classes.

Another option is instead of giving it the highest DPS, give it the highest utilities. More boons on skills, more combo fields, more combo finishers, more teleport, etc. It's a squishy melee spec. Makes it worth taking!

It wouldn't be at all unreasonable for weaver to be the top DPS spec in the game.  It's unreasonable that it isn't top tier.  They should fix this.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Please do not just buff sword, please not.

Bring all the weapons up there, including sword. I hate that cata is locked to hammer due to design. Power is NOT too strong on any core weapon. So just buff all weapons up there and actually bring some choice like we have it on condi.

Edited by Zunki.3916
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

while i agree, that every weapon needs a buff still in terms of power dps, we have a decent variety of viable condi options on elementalist now. Staff Condi Weaver seems to be somewhat alright aswell as dagger condi weaver and some tempest options too.

The buff we just got on power weaver ( using a sword ) is so underwhelming, that it leaves me speechless. Did they really think, making the cooldown on fire grab shorter and adding some minor damage buffs to auto attacks ups it by a lot?

As someone who played the class excessively, i can tell the new " benchmark " might be close to 35k BEST case. Realistically it well be somewhat around 34.5 i assume.

What we need is some change from buffing already strong classes to be even stronger ( baldesword, mechanist, specter) and buffing these who need buffs. Also we need to finally stop the damage up in condi specs and make power specs way better. These are mostly behind rn. 

You could have a great variety of good weapons on ele, scepter on tempest could be interesting, staff in general needs it's nerfs reverted, and sword on weaver needs a buff too, but generally weaver needs a buff, due to its selfish playstyle and the fact that with sword at least you are fully melee. (+ low health and armor)

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Zunki.3916 said:

Please do not just buff sword, please not.

Bring all the weapons up there, including sword. I hate that cata is locked to hammer due to design. Power is NOT too strong on any core weapon. So just buff all weapons up there and actually bring some choice like we have it on condi.

Fine by me.  I just think it's crazy we have all these EoD ranged specs that do more (and more easily) than weaver.  It does one thing.  It could at least be good at it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Just wanted to point out that I have now seen benchmarks for dagger (38k), scepter (38k), and staff (40k) that all exceed sword benchmarks.  So, all available weapons now perform better than sword?  That's about as "Ele" as it gets, huh?

The staff benchmark is because Arenanet went overboard with fireball and it's realistically 36K on small hitboxes which is what matters. I feel like scepter is going to be more consistent than staff not just due to meteor but the delay on skills such as lava font.

Sword should be top DPS but it isn't and in openworld for example you wouldn't run sword on anything with phase shifted since you'd be stuck in melee. It's a similar situation in that sword holo doesn't exceed rifle mechanist currently.

9 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Mostly I was looking for sword.  I found a 34k power benchmark, but I still can't find either condi sword or hybrid.  

I haven't found a new sword benchmark, but the only changes to sword were to power damage on AA and earthen vortex.  It increased the power damage benchmark by about 2k, I believe.  So expect a lesser gain for condi, placing it below the benchmarks for all of the other weapons.  

So, yeah, weaver in general should be performing better and I think it would be appropriate for a pure DPS spec like this to perform best on its elite spec weapon which also happens to have the shortest range of all of the available weapons.