TY ANET

AlCapwnd.7834

You finally graced BG with your presents and we had a lot of fun. You should drop in more often! I think i counted 6 of you! . Also, we had a ANET dev or 2 on the enemy side. Was a lot of fun! Thanks for the help taking Hills. Dont be strangers. We need DEVS to play the game mode 😃

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 6

5 hours ago, Evenge.4067 said:

Would be nice if devs would experience more servers than just Mag and BG. They seem to like the safety of the massive stacked blob servers. No wonder nothing changes.

Lmao. I'm on Tarnished Coast too. It has been a fun week. 36 hours to go?

Edited by Leger.3724

7 hours ago, Evenge.4067 said:

Would be nice if devs would experience more servers than just Mag and BG. They seem to like the safety of the massive stacked blob servers. No wonder nothing changes.

Agreed. It would be nice if they chose to see how the other 85% live...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Some devs on BG today. Even though, I welcome any dev playing the mode...it is slightly disappointing that it might be BG for a second week. (we want devs to experience a variety of servers, and populations. Even experience fighting BG)

Unless they were on mag last week maybe?..

27 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I'd like to see anet run in the low/mid tier guilds and see what's it's like running against those boon blobs they always hide in. You know, a different perspective on what their balancing practicing have been doing and if it's even helping those other groups.

Agreed.  Maybe we should start a ‘spotted a dev’ thread?  

People would post whenever they saw an Anet tag….  Like screenshots.  Although I would hope it wouldn’t include their toon names..  We don’t need people stalking them outside of WvW 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 4:59 AM, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

You finally graced BG with your presents and we had a lot of fun. You should drop in more often! I think i counted 6 of you! . Also, we had a ANET dev or 2 on the enemy side. Was a lot of fun! Thanks for the help taking Hills. Dont be strangers. We need DEVS to play the game mode 😃

What class were they all playing 😄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I'd like to see anet run in the low/mid tier guilds and see what's it's like running against those boon blobs they always hide in. You know, a different perspective on what their balancing practicing have been doing and if it's even helping those other groups.

What guilds are you talking about that are so small?  Do they make the choice to limit their rally sizes?  Run hidden to avoid snowballing?

I was in a few guilds that would only allow 20 to participate even when more were online.  Got boring tho they would avoid the big fights so it really limited my fun during game time.

It's WvW after all.  They want to test the fights that are on a world/server level I would assume.

Edited by displayname.8315

7 minutes ago, displayname.8315 said:

What guilds are you talking about that are so small?  Do they make the choice to limit their rally sizes?  Run hidden to avoid snowballing?

I was in a few guilds that would only allow 20 to participate even when more were online.  Got boring tho they would avoid the big fights so it really limited my fun during game time.

It's WvW after all.  They want to test the fights that are on a world/server level I would assume.

I have no idea on their limitations, I've never heard of guilds sitting people out other than for gvg's, seems pretty stupid to do it any other time. But there's plenty of guilds that run 15-20 guildies rather than those boon blobs that run 30-40 of their own guildies. I want anet to run in those smaller organized groups and see what's it like going up against those groups they keep hiding with. They are not the majority of players in wvw, yet we are getting balance changes catering to them.

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I have no idea on their limitations, I've never heard of guilds sitting people out other than for gvg's, seems pretty stupid to do it any other time. But there's plenty of guilds that run 15-20 guildies rather than those boon blobs that run 30-40 of their own guildies. I want anet to run in those smaller organized groups and see what's it like going up against those groups they keep hiding with. They are not the majority of players in wvw, yet we are getting balance changes catering to them.

I know the guilds your talking about.. they never work together and when they do show up to a defence their positioning is way off and they seem to just watch each other get wiped from a mile away.

IMO it's not so much about whatever the current meta is but more "what the are these guys doing?".  Most won't even respond and just complain about EB or SMC.

Not to say I don't agree that smaller GvG style guilds have a bigger challenge.  They either have to be S-tier players or actually run an open tag and just practice not dying so fast.

I feel there are assumptions here, or assumptions in my own beliefs. Trying to figure the what of the what. First off I think all Devs, not just WvW devs have access to the Anet guild. Could be any employee. I wouldn't assume its a WvW dev. I could be wrong. Now they also have an option to tag as Anet or not based on how much they want to interact that night. After a long day of work how much would you like to get tells from your customers telling you what worked or didn't? So good on them for tagging as employees. But I wouldn't don't assume they are WvW devs but more impassioned employees that want to support the team they work with and enjoy the game they helped to create. Nothing wrong in pride in what you helped to build. Again, I might be wrong but...I can also make assumptions and also be wrong. Good hunting Anet and thanks for letting us play your game. I admit, am a fan of Ready Player One but if I was a Dev would take that as meant, good hunting!

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
Context