Can we scale back wvw legendary armor requirements?

Endilbiach.4132

42 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

You can wear the best gear and end up on the floor in 3s if you don't know what you're doing.

Hey, that's a bit harsh, I am right here. You could at least wait till I move to the next post. Man brutal these forums. Fair ball but ouch. /pie next time I see you. 

8 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Hey, that's a bit harsh, I am right here. You could at least wait till I move to the next post. Man brutal these forums. Fair ball but ouch. /pie next time I see you. 

It's ok. I use my legendary gear to switch to a transfuse build when I party with you. 😗

3 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

That's what is nice about WvW, never assume about WvW level, see red, get it.There is very little stat diff between the levels of armor and that should remain a thing since Leggo allows for other advantages, it shouldn't get a stat boost.

The difference between ascended and exotic is actually a good chunk. Some say 15-20%, but that's assuming full damage gear. Exotic Celestial is also kitten I think. Also, there's no reason to be only full exotic given all the easy ways to get ascended jewellery, or just even the game giving it to you for free via laurels.

Many people did not like the release of ascended gear especially with the cost when it first came out, however, it was always intended to happen. So they promised that legendary would be the best gear no matter what to quell fears of a treadmill. And as it stands gear from 2015 is still just as usable as it is now

On 9/3/2022 at 3:11 AM, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

If you play WvW as your main-content, the requirements are not really a problem. If you however come from PvE and look for an acceptable alternative to raiding, it is quite shocking indeed. What you do not get, is the high difficulty difference. To get pips in WvW, all you have to do is being active.

Stupid stupid stupid argument. 

It is the exactly the same in PvE.  You have to be actively doing it. 

People do pve because they enjoy it. Same as WVW so stop pretending there is a difference of entertainment value. 

I have a buddy who plays most exclusively pve. He had light/medium/heavy legendary. 

He was able to do that in the same time it took me to obtain 6 pieces of legendary medium armor.  

If someone can get 3 full sets of legendary armor in the same time it takes me to get 1 set, then there definitely is an issue. 

I get max tickets every week. 

Edited by Jitters.9401
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Basically, after reading through a majority of the comments here, it seems that most of the complaints about the time and effort it takes to acquire the WvW legendary armor are coming from players who DON'T want anything to do with WvW...they simply want their shinies.

And this is the EXACT reason why Anet made it take so much longer to acquire the WvW legendary armor vs the other modes!! Because Anet wants players who WANT to be a part of WvW playing the game-mode, not the ones who don't want to be there clogging up the maps.  WvW has a limited number of spaces per server, and all the players who hate WvW clogging up space on the maps meaning the players who actually want to play WvW can't and are stuck waiting in queues...

...Personally I'd like to see Anet make it take even longer to acquire the WvW legendary armor to further scare off the players who don't like WvW. 

See this is the exact point I'm trying to make, but I don't think your solution makes sense.

Adding Open World PvE Legendary Armour would have the exact same effect, but it would also have the benefit of making those players happy.  They'd get to play the content they wanted for the rewards they wanted.  Which, from the perspective of wanting people to buy and enjoy GW2 seems like the obvious solution.  It would also mean you could increase WvW rewards without risking enticing AFKers, so everyone wins.

I don't understand why so many people are pushing for an everyone loses approach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

9 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

""best option"" for people that aren't interested in learning the game/encounters

As has been said, many times.  The obstacle to raids isn't learning encounters, it's getting a group and scheduling.

This is actually the exact same problem that people complain about with backloading skirmish tickets.  If you have 15 hours per week to spare on a game mode, great (even better if it also happens to be a mode you enjoy).  If you're able to absolutely commit to 2-4 hours per week at a specific time that works for 9 other people, great. 

Many, many people do not have a lifestyle that accommodates that.  Hence they want paths to legendary that allow them to log in and progress on their own schedule.  WvW (AFK or not) is currently the best option for that, and Raids aren't even remotely viable for it.

Edited by CrashTestAuto.9108
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

22 minutes ago, Novahh.7426 said:

I say keep it the same, like what the hell am I going to do with my 60k tickets??

I think they should add legendary weapons.

As a minimum dev time approach - take the Mistforged set, give them a flashier effect, use Gen 1 recipes and switch out the Gift of Exploration for a 2-4k ticket item.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

7 hours ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

See this is the exact point I'm trying to make, but I don't think your solution makes sense.

Adding Open World PvE Legendary Armour would have the exact same effect, but it would also have the benefit of making those players happy.  They'd get to play the content they wanted for the rewards they wanted.  Which, from the perspective of wanting people to buy and enjoy GW2 seems like the obvious solution.  It would also mean you could increase WvW rewards without risking enticing AFKers, so everyone wins.

I don't understand why so many people are pushing for an everyone loses approach.

To be fair Anet would never use my approach...I'm just tired of seeing all the players who hang out at spawn, wait til spawn camp flips so they can flip it back, but otherwise provide nothing to the game mode aside from clogging up the map and preventing other players who want to be there from playing.

I should also mention that I got all 3 sets of WvW legendary armor a long time ago (simply by playing the mode I enjoy playing) so it's not something I'm personally concerned about. I just hate the notion of going up against servers who have ALL the players on the map devoted to WvW fighting against servers who essentially have 50-75% of the numbers because the rest of the players are hanging out at spawn focused solely on keeping their pips active so they can abandon the game mode once they have their armor.

Meh you guys argue over time and cost for the wvw legendaries, but what happens after they lower the cost or time, what does that do for me when I'm almost ready to finish my 3rd set, or anyone that's finished it already, what do I get to compensate me for putting in all that extra time and cost in making them than you would have to?

Maybe the real solution for those pve people that don't want to raid or wvw, is for anet to make another legendary set (with no special skin just the stat switching convenience which the wvw legendary armor is anyways), but make every piece worth doing 2x skyscale collections. Instead of coming in here and asking to degrade the time and cost worth of wvw legendaries without consideration for those that have already poured time and cost into making them without complaints.

P.S Let me sell my gift of battle, cause doing one is so horrible for these people, yet I have 130+ sitting in the bank doing nothing.

P.P.S Also it seems anet has started to do additional legendary skins this expansion, would be cool to upgrade our own for new skins too.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

SCALE BACK.  lol  You can already get a full legendary armor set in WVW without ever killing another player or NPC. You can borderline AFK with minimal input capture supply camps by standing in the circle while other people kill everything and get a free legendary set. 

It's usually those people that complain that it takes too long. You're not enjoying WVW because you don't belong there. So it feels like a chore standing afk in circles for 6 months to get free gear.  =(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

The gift of battle reward track gives the most memories of battle. I have around 100 gifts of battle in my bank as well. 

But there are tracks with double (more than double) total value, which means you'd still probably be better off farming those more profitable and buy-ordering the memories (while even instant purchase should be better, but since we're after value here, let's buy-order).

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

But there are tracks with double (more than double) total value, which means you'd still probably be better off farming those more profitable and buy-ordering the memories (while even instant purchase should easly be better).

Sure but I often forget which reward track is active and then I forget to change it. Just checked, right now it’s Bitterfrost Frontier. 

• Haha 2

No need to think about it when other people have done the work:

https://fast.farming-community.eu/wvw/reward-track

(May uncheck mystic clovers in the right hand corner)

Gift of Battle is terrible for value (even if you vendored it-- my friend likes to te;ll people he vendors them in Lion's Arch for memes). The only reason to pick it is that it doesn't spam your inventory with as much clutter. I feel like you can just save up 80 potions in case you need it some day.

But to be fair that matters. The EoD track earns the most, but some of it is in the form of select boxes of which is utterly annoying to deal with, so I do Istan instead. It's 3 gold less. But 3/8 = 0.375/hour. And my time is much more important than that. I would easily pay 38 silver/hour to have the boxes leave me alone.

Regardless of what you pick, it's going to be 21/8 at best  hours = 2.625 gold/hour without a booster so it's really up to you to decide whether you give a kitten or not. Doing a single set of T4 fractal dailies would be just as good as any Reward track.

(This is why I say reward tracks kinda suck)

(Also same reason why I don't care about missing out on  heavy loot bags.)

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

So here's what i got from going through

WvW is not as fast as PvE for getting legendary armor.

It is said that WvW takes longer but is easier by pip farming.

Some say they are only in WvW for legendary and don't care for the game mode and want it to go faster.

Others say they don't like any of the 3 modes of obtaining legendary and want a pve open world method. 

Many brought in math to compare the grind in obtaining leggys. 

Still others brought up I already got mine so what do I get if they change the system.

My only question is why do you play the game?

Gw2 does not have a vertical progression beyond level 80 and armor beyond ascended.  The only benefit to legendary is the qol/convenience and/or skins.  If you do not like the grind or find it grueling to play, then there is not much reason to acquire leggy.  They will not improve your gameplay or strengthen your character.  Many console games can be finished in less than 48 hours of play.  MMORPGs are meant to be an ongoing/indefinite gaming experience.  What happens when you have instant gratification by getting all the pretty skins and all the AP.  My guess, you move on to the next game.  Gw2 should be a marathon not a sprint.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Of course it's according to them, but picking a clearly lower value track while at the same time complaining about the stacking item of that track makes no sense to me.

Old habits die hard. We didn't always have sites like fast-farming doing all the math for us so people probably just looped whatever seemed fine.

I haven't run GoB myself for a long time but was surprised to see it was that low.

Guess many will click a different track.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

44 minutes ago, Kilrik.6320 said:

My only question is why do you play the game?

Gw2 does not have a vertical progression beyond level 80 and armor beyond ascended.  The only benefit to legendary is the qol/convenience and/or skins.  If you do not like the grind or find it grueling to play, then there is not much reason to acquire leggy.  They will not improve your gameplay or strengthen your character.  Many console games can be finished in less than 48 hours of play.  MMORPGs are meant to be an ongoing/indefinite gaming experience.  What happens when you have instant gratification by getting all the pretty skins and all the AP.  My guess, you move on to the next game.  Gw2 should be a marathon not a sprint.

I agree with it being a long term goal.  Which is actually sort of the point of legendaries (beyond QoL).  This is why I think there needs to be an open world PvE set.  It's a marathon, so doing it in a mode you don't like isn't exactly ideal!

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Old habits die hard. We didn't always have sites like fast-farming doing all the math for us so people probably just looped whatever seemed fine.

I haven't run GoB myself for a long time but was surprised to see it was that low.

Guess many will click a different track.

Yeah, but long-story short: no reason to spam GoB track just to complain about stacking GoBs. 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

So..  what will be the threshold to stop accelerating the gain at?

It was 175 per week max.

Then it became 365.

then they added bonus pips to accelerate the time taken to max for the week.

Each time a subset of players haven’t been happy.

And they aren’t the WvW primary players.  

Focus on improving the rewards in the reward tracks and give more items to make skirmish tickets more useful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1