Level 80 boost cannot be removed from shared slot?! ​🤬

RLD.7439

13 minutes ago, RLD.7439 said:

I just bought the EoD ultimate edition, logged in and find that the new shared slot is being taken hostage by the level 80 boost item! It will not let me move it to the bank or inventory.

Yeah, its been this for years, sadly. Just use the booster for a low-level character you want to play with and ignore the gear from the booster.  if you play you will get a lot more level-up items for other characters and also you can buy exo gear. So, you don't really need to save the booster for later.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zok.4956 said:

Yeah, its been this for years, sadly. Just use the booster for a low-level character you want to play with and ignore the gear from the booster.  if you play you will get a lot more level-up items for other characters and also you can buy exo gear. So, you don't really need to save the booster for later.

I have nine level 80 characters and a fresh lowbie that I want to level without boosts.

I would like to save the boost for a later date but would also like to utilize the shared slot I paid for.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, RLD.7439 said:

I would like to save the boost for a later date but would also like to utilize the shared slot I paid for.

I feel you. I was in the same situation. In the end the shared slot had more value for me than the level-80 boost so I just used the booster with a level-80 char to free the slot.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RLD.7439 said:

but would also like to utilize the shared slot I paid for.

Here is the mistake you are making.

The lvl80 boost comes with a free shared slot so technically you didn't pay for the slot, you paid for the boost.

Personally I was happy to get a free shared inventory slot, even if it meant that I couldn't use it until after the boost.

• Like 14
  • Confused 5

26 minutes ago, disco.9302 said:

Here is the mistake you are making.

The lvl80 boost comes with a free shared slot so technically you didn't pay for the slot, you paid for the boost.

Personally I was happy to get a free shared inventory slot, even if it meant that I couldn't use it until after the boost.

Nothing was free, it was all paid for.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, RLD.7439 said:

Nothing was free, it was all paid for.

No, you don't understand, what he means is that the reason why you get a shared slot is because it's made to work with shared slot, if it wasn't, you probably wouldn't get a shared slot at all.

It was always advertised as "you get a lvl80 booster in a shared and when you use it, you can keep the slot"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

No, you don't understand, what he means is that the reason why you get a shared slot is because it's made to work with shared slot, if it wasn't, you probably wouldn't get a shared slot at all.

It was always advertised as "you get a lvl80 booster in a shared and when you use it, you can keep the slot"

I don't believe for a moment that they couldn't be mutually exclusive. The Ultimate Edition could quite well come with one and not the other.

Their scam here, is to get you to consume the boost ASAP.

It's shady design and on purpose. Otherwise they would have changed it a long time ago.

Look at it this way, there is absolutely no reason they couldn't have just dropped it your inventory like all the other items. If you wanted to use it on another character, fine, drop it in your shared slot and use it, simple as that.

This is all my opinion based on common sense and doing what's best for the customer. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, RLD.7439 said:

I don't believe for a moment that they couldn't be mutually exclusive. The Ultimate Edition could quite well come with one and not the other.

Their scam here, is to get you to consume the boost ASAP.

It's shady design and on purpose. Otherwise they would have changed it a long time ago.

Look at it this way, there is absolutely no reason they couldn't have just dropped it your inventory like all the other items. If you wanted to use it on another character, fine, drop it in your shared slot and use it, simple as that.

This is all my opinion based on common sense and doing what's best for the customer. 🙂

While I am no fan of the current implementation, I can think of 1 very good reason to not "drop it in the inventory":

Players do stupid things. Things they regret later on. Things which they occupy customer support with. For example like deleting a level 80 boost they consider not useful at that point in time.

As such I get why the developers drop it in a shared slot. It is directly visible, immediately available and the risk of having customer support tied up with another issue is diminished. Yes this also comes with certain perks for the developers: encouraging players use the boost. If I am not mistaken, that's how the purchasable boosts work too, though I am not sure since I've never purchased one myself (going by the wiki here).

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, RLD.7439 said:

I just bought the EoD ultimate edition, logged in and find that the new shared slot is being taken hostage by the level 80 boost item! It will not let me move it to the bank or inventory.

Consume the boost on one of your other character slots, on a class you might like to play in the future. Use it as a mule (bank), until that time comes, so you can continue to play content normally on your main. Since it gives a full set of exotic Celestial gear, I'd recommend a Elementalist, Guardian or Thief. The low health of these classes makes them frustrating for new players, and the booster gear aleviates that quite a bit.

You can also instantly boost a character for WvW play (this game's open-world PvP mode).

Note that you'll get enough resources from the game to instantly make a fresh lv80 every few months. (Those yellow writs and Tomes of Knowledge are common rewards.)

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

While I am no fan of the current implementation, I can think of 1 very good reason to not "drop it in the inventory":

Players do stupid things. Things they regret later on. Things which they occupy customer support with. For example like deleting a level 80 boost they consider not useful at that point in time.

As such I get why the developers drop it in a shared slot. It is directly visible, immediately available and the risk of having customer support tied up with another issue is diminished. Yes this also comes with certain perks for the developers: encouraging players use the boost. If I am not mistaken, that's how the purchasable boosts work too, though I am not sure since I've never purchased one myself (going by the wiki here).

Yeah, this. 

Also, thing like dropping the item in the characters you want to boost, test the character, not liking the class at 80, delete the character and... forgot it got the boost in it's inventary!

Less work for the support team. 

Fun fact :

if I remember well, for hot, the shared inventory slot wasn't even on the list in the expansion buy page, it was implied with the 80 boost. Those two always have been bundled together. 

• Like 1