So, no one cares about the achievements?

Elexa.3478

I get that people sometimes just want to have fun, and do another millionth boss run... but I was always interested in getting achievements done, and more importantly curing my mild ocd when I open achievement tab. (plus nice rewards sometimes) Many of them can't be done by one person. However, lfg is always empty for that. I barely see anyone asking for it. Am I the only loser without  friends to play with or people generally don't care?

• Confused 1

Depends on what achievements you're trying to get. Generally, a lot of the time people would help if you ask in map chat. Especially on days when the map you're on is on daily events and the achievement requires completing some. The LFG tab has been dead since they added it, everyone organizes themselves on maps instead. But really, asking for help when you're there is the way to go currently.

• Like 9

If people didn't care about Achievements, there wouldn't be so many accounts with ~40,000 Achievement Points. 😉

I think those that require a team are usually listed in the corresponding LFG category, never under "Achievements." Also, quite a portion of the playerbase rather do them with their guildmates than with PUGs.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

I am sure there are achievement oriented guilds out there. I have seen their guild tags in game. Perhaps if you asked in a major city that you were looking for a guild that does that, you might achieve your goal. Wish I could remember the guild names. Sorry I can't be more help.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Elexa.3478 said:

I get that people sometimes just want to have fun, and do another millionth boss run... but I was always interested in getting achievements done, and more importantly curing my mild ocd when I open achievement tab. (plus nice rewards sometimes) Many of them can't be done by one person. However, lfg is always empty for that. I barely see anyone asking for it. Am I the only loser without  friends to play with or people generally don't care?

I check the tab more frequently, but there is rarely anything interesting in it. In the past I joined people who did their legendary trinket achievements. 

Many people who need help just use the wrong tab, the central Tyria squad/party, to get their stuff done. It depends on your time-zone, but if you happen to play during prime-time, you can get help for almost every task.

Are you EU or NA? @Grey.3179 also has a very good point. There are plenty of guilds who offer help for players.

People generally will ask if they're doing a daily, or on the same map, or join an instance and ask if people would be willing to help.  Typically no one posts in LFG under achievement hunters, however they may be found under tabs corresponding to an area, i.e. fractal for legendary, events in draconis mons for trinket.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elexa.3478 said:

The best way is always to join a very big guild. Any achievements you can't solo, ask for help there and you'll usually get a few who are willing to help. There will always be a few who will need to do those achievements as well in any large guild.

Achievements points are very important for Karma+, Gold+, XP+ & Magic Find+. In addition, you'll get armor and weapon skins, and some loots.

I think it's more to do with disparate time alignments than people not pursuing achievements.  I, for instance will post an occasional achievement-specific goal in LFG, but if I don't get a bite in 5 minutes, I move onto something else like a OW meta or something.  I have a hunch it's the same for most others.

There's just a LOT to do.  Everything's a moving target.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Borked.6824 said:

I think it's more to do with disparate time alignments than people not pursuing achievements.  I, for instance will post an occasional achievement-specific goal in LFG, but if I don't get a bite in 5 minutes, I move onto something else like a OW meta or something.  I have a hunch it's the same for most others.

That's a good point, there is a lot to do.  Achievements are often like oh well while I'm here, I'll knock that out.

18 hours ago, Luna.2158 said:

Not sure what it is but I think the amount of achievement hunters maybe isn't that high. Open world achievements are no problem to get usually as there are people around to help. Story instance achievements are trickier... 

If by achievement hunters, you only meant those listing on LFG in Achievement Central, then yes. But in general, most are so easy to obtain that there's no need to list.

There are so many categories in LFG that majority will look somewhere else to complete their achievements. Triple Trouble achievements, for example, you'd be looking at Central Tyria>World Bosses. For Personal Story, you'd look under Story Journal>and whichever is relevant. For achievements on particular maps, easier to find groups that are doing them on those particular categories such as Living World: Season 3, etc.

That is probably why you keep hearing complains about the LFG system - too many categories making groups you need harder to find.

• Like 1

For a considerable minority of the playerbase AP is the primary goal they play for as long-term goal. I certainly am one of them. For group-play based achievement you will find it easiest to get them when the content in subject is 'hot'. Last year there were a lot of new Return to Living World achievements and then the AP hunters are playing Living World again. Next week there will be a new Living World Season 1 release, so then will be the optimal time to get the associated achievements there.

If content is not new or hot, you may need some patience to get a group organized. Certain Guilds may help a lot here and otherwise you need to keep an eye on LFG during peak hours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Join a guild?

This is probably your best bet, although it's sad that the Achi Panel is rather empty. Depending on language you might have bigger community guilds that don't require much personal investment but still can help you out with these things. And who knows, you might as well find some people who like the same things you like and so on...

On 9/7/2022 at 7:32 PM, Borked.6824 said:

I dont see why you cant do other things while having the achievement group listed in the lfg not like it locks you out of other content.

Edit

whops locks not looks.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Confused 1

On 9/7/2022 at 7:05 PM, Silent.6137 said:

If by achievement hunters, you only meant those listing on LFG in Achievement Central, then yes. But in general, most are so easy to obtain that there's no need to list.

There are so many categories in LFG that majority will look somewhere else to complete their achievements. Triple Trouble achievements, for example, you'd be looking at Central Tyria>World Bosses. For Personal Story, you'd look under Story Journal>and whichever is relevant. For achievements on particular maps, easier to find groups that are doing them on those particular categories such as Living World: Season 3, etc.

That is probably why you keep hearing complains about the LFG system - too many categories making groups you need harder to find.

I never look in the achievement hunters lfg. I always post in the relevant area that I'm looking to do an achievement in. Asking in guilds doesn't seem to get a response very often. The lfg does have too many sections and categories but I don't feel like that's what makes finding others for achievement hunting a problem. The people interested in this are in the minority

• Like 2