October 4 Balance Update Preview

Double Tap.3940

I just have to say something that has been on my mind for a while.

Why ANet feels the need of constant nerfing, instead of pumping up the classes and Elite Specs that are under performing? 

Don't make better classes worse.

Make worse classes better!

That's the way foward and how a game evolves. 

Now, another thing I don't understand is why give every single boon to every class and Respective Elite Specs?

They said it themselves: "It's a social game"

Players need eachother; right?

In theory.

There's no uniqueness here. No speciality, when every class is an All-Rounder.

Making everything that distinguishes a class as unique, absolutely redundant. 

They're trying so hard not to make GW2 like GW1, it seems precisely GW1 all over again.

Unless Mercenaries are in the horizon, I see no reason whatsoever why ANet is going down that path.

A Warrior Healer? 

Are you serious?

This is complete and utter nonsense. 

Nerf Axes and increase Healing?

They're doing the exact opposite of what it should be.

But hey, what do I know right?

I'm just a nobody, with basic schooling education, unemployment, lonely dude who finds comfort in playing a videogame franchise since about 2008 or so.

Decisions like those makes you wonder what on earth are we doing, investing so much time and money into a videogame which constantly brings disappointment. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

On 9/14/2022 at 1:22 PM, Double Tap said:
  • Berserk: This skill has been moved to slot 2 of the profession mechanic bar. Core burst skills are now accessible in slot 1 of the profession mechanic bar for the berserker specialization.
  • Berserk mode now activates instantly.

So, berserkers gona have 2 bursts skills, the core and the primal burst, like a spellbreaker?

On 9/14/2022 at 12:22 PM, Double Tap said:

Scrapper

Skills

• Defense Field: This skill is now ground targeted. The spell area of effect created by this skill is now stationary. Increased cooldown from 25 seconds to 35 seconds in WvW only.
  • Scrapper wells are now stationary ground-targeted skills with a range of 900.

Traits

• Impact Savant: This trait no longer reduces vitality.
  • Gyroscopic Acceleration: Superspeed is now applied on the first pulse of wells instead of the final pulse.
  • Kinetic Accelerators: This trait no longer grants quickness in PvP and WvW. Instead, it grants might and fury.

As one of the few "good" scrappers in the pvp scene... let me just say that these changes are uncalled for and will literally cripple the class even further beyond usability. Scrapper has been out of any real meta for years (with the exception of flamethrower scrapper which has been completely nerfed and was only ever effective at very low-tier play...) and is nearly completely useless post-EoD with literally only a couple people playing it consistently... and needless to say, it definitely isn't overperforming in the slightest...

So, I'm curious... why the hard nerfs? I mean dude, you're literally making our gyros stationary and removing all our quickness... what gives? For a little vitality return and might+fury? Yeah, that's kitten. It better be a heck of a lot of fury and might to make up for these hard nerfs. 

As a side note... It's cute how you all keep nerfing scrapper in wvw because of the support features... but you do realize that some of us like playing in wvw in non-support roles too? No? You didn't? Well, you've already made that nearly impossible to play in wvw so good on ya' there. Coming even harder for spvp now too it seems. Cool.

Anyways, I strongly recommend you rethink these changes... because honestly this isn't balance; this is burying an entire spec 10ft in the dirt (and it literally wasn't even playing at current meta levels :'D lololol).

ALIEN

Edited by N A T E.3108
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 3

On 9/16/2022 at 10:50 PM, Pati.2438 said:

@thaniretouni.4762 hmm bloodyroar is basicly now better in wvw zerks cause of resistance the 5% nerf is meeh but it will not do too mutch (just pvp since in pve it will be stull 25%). Also headbutt was a buff not a nerf. It used to remove your own stability to deal increase dmg. Now it only cc yourself but does not remove you stability means stability will let you be not cced. This is as it used to work. Also as it seems they compensate the 50% buff from headbutt just by simply buff its dmg there for like 50% baseline.

All in all the Berserker rework is just a straigth buff for pvp.  Well in pve i dont know we might need to see it first xd!

That I understand, but my confusion is why to nerf the dmg on bloody roar. Warrior is doing so poorly in WvW that that 5% extra dmg on bloody roar should remain. Also, head butt dealing less dmg but not removing stability is ok although i was playing a nice stun break style. but my proble is : Reduced berserk mode extension from 2 seconds to 1 second in PvP and WvW

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Janggernaut.2304 yes and no spellbraker get acces to lvl 1 core burst skills and fullcounter. Berserker get acces to lvl 3 burst skills and Berserker rage skills that are basicly lvl 2 core burst variants but better on its own unique way.

So with an axe ill have eviscerate  (core burst) and decapitate (primal burst) ?

Well, the classes or professions focused on ranged attack, do the same damage or more than those who attack melee.

You could see which trait is most used in the warrior and put "Warriors Sprint" because it helps a lot of melee warriors. "Discipline" is only used because of "Warriors Sprint" and "Brawlers Recovery".

The warrior has to focus all utility skills to not be immobilized or stunned, otherwise he will not reach enemies that attack from a distance.

• Thanks 2

On 9/14/2022 at 6:22 PM, Double Tap said:

Entering berserk mode no longer initiates an attack, and now counts as a rage skill instead of a level 3 burst skill.

- Meaning Power Berserker (benching 32.6k in PvE right now)  wont get its Berserkers Power stacks up immediately lowering its DPS in the first couple of seconds = Nerf
- The initial hit being removed nerfs its damage as well

Head Butt: Reduced berserk mode extension from 2 seconds to 1 second in PvP and WvW. This skill no longer removes stability from the user, and it no longer deals increased damage when removing stability. Increased power coefficient from 3.0 to 4.5 in PvE only.

- Meaning the Self-Stun into Outrage combo may not work properly anymore in PvE when getting stability from party members which is very common as of now, hindering us from properly extending Berserk duration = Nerf

May I add a suggestion: Add a seperate Unique debuff (which doesnt do anything other than being functional for Outrage) with the Headbutt icon to Headbutt as a skill, that can be removed within 1-2s with Outrage to extend Berserk duration properly. This would allow us to use that combo independantly of having Stability or not.

Wild Blow: Reduced berserk mode extension from 4 seconds to 1 second in PvP and WvW. This skill now grants adrenaline (10 in PvP and WvW, 5 in PvE). This skill now removes blind, weakness, and slow upon activation, and it knocks enemies down instead of knocking them back.

- Meaning PvE Berserkers have lost utility in the form of a knockback to - for instance - help push Rigom to Samarog during the Splitphase.

Outrage: Reduced bonus berserk mode extension from 5 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP and WvW. This skill now grants adrenaline: 10 base adrenaline, plus an additional 10 when breaking stun in PvP and WvW. 5 base adrenaline, plus an additional 5 when breaking stun in PvE.

- The adrenaline change doesnt do much in PvE

Fatal Frenzy: This trait no longer reduces toughness.

- Good change

Bloody Roar: This trait now grants resistance when entering berserk mode in addition to its other effects. Reduced damage bonus from 15% to 10% in PvP and WvW.

- Bloody Roar has been changed in PvE one patch earlier from 20% (Multiplicative) to 25% (Additive), nerfing the trait instead of buffing it within a patch that was supposed to buff underperforming builds. Is it gonna stay additive or is a fix coming cause this change was not mentioned in the patch notes back then.

Edited by Baseraver.7241
  • Thanks 4

What I don't understand is why so much hate for warriors in this game?

It all started in the very last change in GW1 itself... which warriors in gw2 inherited from their ancestors. 

I mean, they're selling the stuff, but they don't believe in it.

Don't even like it for that matter.

Might aswell just change the whole class altogether. Name including.

There are already hundreds of replies to this thread, and from what I've gathered so far, nobody likes these changes, or hardly anyone.

I'm defo not looking fowards to scrap wells.

I'll keep mine on core engie and the other as mech.

I am however very curious about Druid's changes.

I hope I finally have a reason to use it.

Is anything being done to weaver at all?

So specter is being nerfed too?

I hardly even survive with it in lvl 80 mobs.

What's so OP about it?

So some dude can evade attacks in pvp and one hit kill.

Why do mainly pvers have to suffer because of it?

Probably some rich boy dude with the most expensive legendary full on metal jacket gear... With most expensive runes and sigils.

I hope finally those chrono F skills will get some uniqueness rather than looking like a mere core slight improvement. 

Please do something about Heralds.

Despite all those boons, they feel clunky and stiff with most legends. 

Please do something about shields. 

They are all useless. 

It's the new age... jade tech and all.

Shields should do much more than just block attacks or a simple bash.

What about futuristic shields that can shoot a blast beam?

Can call in protective fiend like creatures that shield all party in area?

Can create electrical fields around?

Can absorb energy or life?

Can convert damage into healing?

Can deflect projectiles into a twice as big projectiles back at foe and cause double damage?

There are so many neat looking shields in this game, but are not worth using.

Please make specter wells just aura like magics with different colors and shadows instead of static wells.

Please reconsider scraps wells.

Make scraps more about improving utility skills, such as turrets.

Make them mobile, or like mini mechs.

• Confused 6

9 hours ago, ThrakathNar.4537 said:

While Scrapper undoubtedly deserves a nerf, this is not the way to do it.

The Current Problem in Game: Scrapper dominates as a secondary support in WvW, providing strong access to stealth, superspeed, stability, cleanse, and on-demand healing.

The Proposed Solution of this Patch: Make Scrapper Gyros ground targeted and not follow the player.

The Most Likely Outcome: Scrapper is still meta and best in slot in WvW, because it still brings all of the aforementioned things. The only change is that Scrapper becomes less fun in Open World, Fractals, and Dungeons, where the appeal of the spec is zooming around and smashing stuff in melee. Now, if you actually want to use the wells for their intended effect, you waste the superspeed you get from the initial pulse (since none of the gyros finish in under three seconds).

If the issue is the dominance in support then give it a more distinct role that compliments versus supersedes. Increase the radius of static wells, reduce the size of mobile wells. Would probably go with the idea that wells that can only be placed at your feet have the largest radius, wells that can be thrown would be smaller than that and mobile wells would have the least radius. That way each type of well has it own place and time. Replace the invisibility on the elite so that role falls to other classes and balance out the stability so its more complimentary but other classes stability is more impactful. 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

@Baseraver.7241 you might notice that it was a pvp focused patch. The PvE focused one will be a month later. And yes the rework is a nerf to Berserker in PvE but it is a big big plus when it comes to PvP. Lets hope they noticed the 2 things they have nerfed it with and do something about it. Tho would also love to see a real buff to zerker. Cause with last "buff" they just nerfed it instead by rework the multiplier of how the buff works.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

49 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

If the issue is the dominance in support then give it a more distinct role that compliments versus supersedes. Increase the radius of static wells, reduce the size of mobile wells. Would probably go with the idea that wells that can only be placed at your feet have the largest radius, wells that can be thrown would be smaller than that and mobile wells would have the least radius. That way each type of well has it own place and time. Replace the invisibility on the elite so that role falls to other classes and balance out the stability so its more complimentary but other classes stability is more impactful. 

Honestly I think just removing the stealth and massively reducing the stability would be enough to allow other specs like druid and tempest to be comparatively viable, but ANet didn't make those changes with the patch, they made a sweeping change that impacts all gamemodes that probably won't reduce the effectiveness of the build in the gamemode it was intended to be nerfed in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Dear Anet.

So you removed all special unique skills and buffs. All 10 target caps removed. Now you give the scrapper stationary wells. Make all classes do everything but nothing well.

I can clearly see at the end we will have 9 classes hat all can do exactly the same.

But there is still one question on my mind.

Why dont YOU just tell US how you want this game to be played? that would save a lot of time.

I just imagine the blob vs blob situations in WvW without scrapper stealth now.

You want us to only run into each other head on ? is that it ? ..

I cleary fail to see your endgame. plz enlighten me

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

Spectre shroud nerfed by 55% is so extreme it's hilarious, just nerf the #3 of scepter/dagger instead of nuking also the power spectre, wich is a fine and very fun spec.

Herald nerf is so bad too, i understand that vindi is an epic fail and no one wants to play it because herald is much funnier so you want to push players playing it by nerfing the only other choice, but it's just sad to unnecessarily see another fun spec being nuked too.

The other changes are onestly fine, but harbinger will once again make the meta so toxic and unfunny now that the other top dogs have been nerfed.

• Thanks 3

Edit: please disregard this post. This question was answered in the live stream but I missed it.

Sorry! 

Skill/trait interaction question for you guys to consider:

Warrior's new Thick Skin trait gives protection on heal skill use (fantastic change, btw).

Does it apply the protection immediately upon activating Defiant Stance? B/c that would be counterproductive. It should ideally apply the protection at the END of Defiant Stance.

On the other hand, the same logic should NOT apply to combat stimulant. You want the protection immediately after you cast it, not 5s later when Stim State expires.

Thanks again! 

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

@CalmTheStorm.2364 they allready showed it on the stream. The protection will proc after the stance end. While on the rest of heals it will proc on use.

That was for the barrier on last stand. Did they mention that for Thick Skin, too? If so, my bad... 

Edit: oh crap, you're right. I went back and rewatched that section.

My bad! Sorry devs. You're way ahead of me! 

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Vandal.5621 said:

The lack of any communication regarding this backlash for nearly a week now is pretty glaring.

What communication you want though? 
The "backlash" from these changes is like:

• Elementalist: Oh, so Elementalists are still in this game, good to know I guess.
  • Engineer: REEEEEEE Don't nerf my precious powercreep! How dare you!
  • Guardian: Confused Unga Bunga.
  • Mesmer: Que?
  • Necromancer: I didn't have any expectations and I am still disappointed.
  • Ranger: Not great, not terrible.
  • Revenant: REEEEEE Give me back my powercreep!
  • Teef: Literally unplayable! *Teef lied as naturally as he breathed!*
  • Warrior: HEHE BOI

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

What communication you want though? 
The "backlash" from these changes is like:

• Elementalist: Oh, so Elementalists are still in this game, good to know I guess.
  • Engineer: REEEEEEE Don't nerf my precious powercreep! How dare you!
  • Guardian: Confused Unga Bunga.
  • Mesmer: Que?
  • Necromancer: I didn't have any expectations and I am still disappointed.
  • Ranger: Not great, not terrible.
  • Revenant: REEEEEE Give me back my powercreep!
  • Teef: Literally unplayable! *Teef lied as naturally as he breathed!*
  • Warrior: HEHE BOI

The communication I want is them acknowledging that they screwed up with the Gyro changes and are going to undo them.

Which is the exact reason they claimed they'd give us more advance notice after the Warrior banner debacle.

The change is bad and ANet should feel bad for coming up with it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8