Well well well, we came to that...

Kougiou.5634

So frustrating for wells to be stationary. I get the Function Gyro being stationary, but the rest ? No no !

You used to be the well, the danger, the salvation. It offered amazing and unique playstyle, you were becoming the tool , a true engineer ! 

It's ok to leave some room for other support in wvw, still we scrappers will have our place there for sure in pve , pvp and wvw. But don't ruin the nature of the profession! 

5/8 builds that I have on my engineer are Scrapper. I was enjoying so much the following playstyle:

Pre casting blast gyro, then rocket charge. When I reached my target(s) on the third hit of rochet charge, I was AoE hitting everything and stunning them. I guess that really stylish explosive entrance is ruined now.. Sad ! 

Edited by Kougiou.5634
  • Like 18
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

wait if gyros are stationary aoes, wont the sneak gyro be almost useless? I mean by the time you get like 5 yards the stealth will be gone.

It will still be a "better" shadow refuge... in PvE. (curious that both skills seem to almost mirror each other between the competitive and PvE)

• Like 2

Scrappers been nerfed in so many patches since EoD released, it lost 60% of its survivability and got nothing in return. And now they do this? Why? 

Are they just trying to remove the spec from the game and hate the fact that all the nerfs they have done so far has not been enough? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

To be fair the quickness on kinetic accelerators opened whole new viable builds… so it did get some buffs in the past.  Of course they’ve really ruined the whole point of scrappers now.  There’s no way they’ll be able to make up for the low dps without the quickness and they can’t help the team fights by sharing it 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

To be fair the quickness on kinetic accelerators opened whole new viable builds… so it did get some buffs in the past.  Of course they’ve really ruined the whole point of scrappers now.  There’s no way they’ll be able to make up for the low dps without the quickness and they can’t help the team fights by sharing it 

Well, that's on WvW only, Thank god in PvE still will be doing what it does best ! And to be fair it doesn't do so low dps as a quick dps

21 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

It will still be a "better" shadow refuge... in PvE. (curious that both skills seem to almost mirror each other between the competitive and PvE)

but the superspeed will be completely wasted if u treat it as shadow refuge

but only because the new design triggers superspeed on initial cast?

everything about this is lazy i hope we complain enough to revert it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Incurve Giidis.7829 said:

but the superspeed will be completely wasted if u treat it as shadow refuge

but only because the new design triggers superspeed on initial cast?

everything about this is lazy i hope we complain enough to revert it

The superspeed and/or quick at the start of the well is not that bad. Sure it will remove some of the nice mini game you had timing your offensive gyros perfectly to keep up with quick / superspeed , but I guess it's all part of the simplicity that they are trying to enforce into all classes.

Is very important for the wells to not be stationary ! 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Kougiou.5634 said:

The superspeed and/or quick at the start of the well is not that bad. Sure it will remove some of the nice mini game you had timing your offensive gyros perfectly to keep up with quick / superspeed , but I guess it's all part of the simplicity that they are trying to enforce into all classes.

Is very important for the wells to not be stationary ! 

Without kinetic accelerators granting quickness on superseed, there is no quickness.  That's a huge nerf for PVP, it also affects the heal skills and things like elixU tool belt

• Like 3

On 9/22/2022 at 1:57 AM, Kougiou.5634 said:

I guess superspeed and quickness makes the group too much zoom zoom speedy killy ? I don't know..

And yet it wasn’t meta in pvp, even with super speed and quickness. But at least it was fun.   Now removing quickness from something that wasn’t meta even with it to start with…. Will make it not even viable to play, and you won’t want to play it anyway because it’s not fun.   But wait, it gets even better… they also made gyros static.  I mean that’s bad enough, but they really had to take it’s only source of dps as well?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

And yet it wasn’t meta in pvp, even with super speed and quickness. But at least it was fun

This was 100% a nerf targeting Scrapper memethrower for the noob PVPers. I'm not sure if this changes much though if we can just swap to  Kinentic Battery Tool memes.

Edited by dvomd.4307
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, dvomd.4307 said:

This was 100% a nerf targeting Scrapper memethrower for the noob PVPers. I'm not sure if this changes much though if we can just swap to  Kinentic Battery Tool memes.

No one runs flamethrower since the massive FT nerf.  They killed that dead months ago.  I promise this wasn’t aimed at FT

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 1