Jade Bot Skins

Heisen.2315

We have gotten the Cuddly Cat Jade Bot skin (Gemstore) and the latest Candlewick Sprite Jade Bot skin (BLC) in a short period of time and I would argue that it's very likely that there are more Jade Bot skins yet to come. I personally like being able to costumize my account so I don't mind however I do believe it's a mistake on ArenaNet's end for not letting us display the skin when interacting with the Jade Bot Terminal.

Edited by Heisen.2315
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

By the sheer amount of Mechs I see around, I am seriously hoping  to see skins for them sooner rather than later. I mean Jade bot too for what it's worth but it's never there for long so a lesser offender in my eye. At this point, I'll take almost anything that isn't jade green...

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 9/20/2022 at 12:03 AM, Donari.5237 said:

Given that my mech's golem is M R A L D (Multipurpose Remote Airborne Laser Device)  I believe that M O X would also work.

Yeah, that should work. Although the addition of dots, dashes and numbers certainly would make it more bot-like. Heck you can't even write the default bot name, CJ-1.

• Like 1

I don't understand how anet dropped the ball so badly with jade mechs not having skins, but instead monetising a floaty blob we see for a scant few seconds (unless using a particularly long zip line). If anet had started to offer minion/summons skins shortly after HoT, that could have been very lucrative. I guess the obstacle would be transparency in competitive modes?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2022 at 3:51 PM, Harak.8397 said:

By the sheer amount of Mechs I see around, I am seriously hoping  to see skins for them sooner rather than later. I mean Jade bot too for what it's worth but it's never there for long so a lesser offender in my eye. At this point, I'll take almost anything that isn't jade green...

Im against selling skins for what is part of our classes rotation spells. Thats getting a little slippery slope, what i would like is for them to have a workbench in game to modify the mechs golem looks. Do a prerequisite to acquire a workbench and you can change your golem colors or physical appearance. Tying something to the gemstore  that is part of mechs core rotation is bad form

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Having the jade bots appear near a bench would be a nice little thing.

Also, the Candlewick Sprite doesn't have an animation quirk in the Hero panel. Even the recently added Playful Ghost has one.

That would be nice.  It would be cute to have it out while switching out it's various accessories.  I fully appreciate they kept it to where only the player sees their own jade bot so we don't have a sea of little jade orbs popping out but making use of the skins is challenging.  

If you look back, the living storys always did give the main masterys from their expansions a huge upgrade.

Gliding did get fighting skills in specific maps, mounts did get Utility Skills and we did get the fastest and the most flexible ones of them.

I really hope we will also see huge upgrades for the Jade Bot next year in LS6 to justify the skins.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

Im against selling skins for what is part of our classes rotation spells. Thats getting a little slippery slope, what i would like is for them to have a workbench in game to modify the mechs golem looks. Do a prerequisite to acquire a workbench and you can change your golem colors or physical appearance. Tying something to the gemstore  that is part of mechs core rotation is bad form

That works too.

• Like 2

Whoever is designing those: please stop, those are absolutely cringeworthy.

Not only is the "cutesy wootsy" level unbearably high (with a sugary frosting on top), they also do not fit into the art design of the game. Please stop ruining it any further turning GW2 visually into a Korean MMO (or a comic book game).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Whoever is designing those: please stop, those are absolutely cringeworthy.

Not only is the "cutesy wootsy" level unbearably high (with a sugary frosting on top), they also do not fit into the art design of the game. Please stop turning GW2 visually into a Korean MMO.

Agreed about the aesthetics but we have had glowing surfboards used as swords since launch. It might be too late...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Agreed about the aesthetics but we have had glowing surfboards used as swords since launch. It might be too late...

Well, you can always make matters worse. 😉 And they are definitely doing so since EoD, and with these Jade Bot skins in particular. ☹️

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2