Updated balance suggestions for Mesmer for 4. Oct patch and after

JazzXman.7018

1 hour ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

Yes I edit my posts alot because english isnt my first language (since english isnt the main language that we speak in my country) so when I re-read my posts I tend to find sentences that are formulated in the wrong way, or wrong spelling. And just as Jazz put it, sometimes I too have additional thoughts that I want to put in my post aswell. Nor am I emotional or anything of that sort. 

Jazz & apharma! You both do you! You want the game to go in a direction you think is healthy (cuz that's highly subjective, remember that), and thats tot ok, everybody is entitled to their opinion. We who disagree, we will point it out cuz we have seen how Anet in the past just be like "Hihihihi lets nerf them here, and lets nerf them there", and I think all of us are fed up with that. I dont agree with how you two want things to get changed, and I firmly believe that other classes still needs this more than us. If you cant go to each classes respective forum and suggest nerfs for them, then go to the Profession section which is for all to write their thoughts, and suggests the nerfs for other professions in there instead. Staying silent bc others will think you are a mad mesmer doesnt justify being silent towards other classes that is a way bigger issue than mesmer ever was!

I'll leave this last response as Jazz has already indicated that they wish us to stop.

I do respond about other classes, go through my post history if you like. I am currently in one thread discussing cele stats, elementalist and the scepter changes however I haven't really played much scepter other than to say the timing on Dragon's Tooth is really obnoxious and that it does too much damage. You will also see things like this. This isn't the forum for that discussion though and the forums have rules about derailment and off topic posting.

Everyone can have an opinion but non of you addressed the specific alterations I had in mind for the document (topic of the thread) or the reasoning behind those and instead chose to derail the thread as at least 2 of you have already stated your disagreement previously.

Edit: Yes let's hope 2023 is better for mesmer, who knows maybe Robert Gee might take a look or something. Ideally 1 dev playing each class would be great but I think what's more likely to happen is expanding the skills team to be more diverse and have people who play all classes. If I remember correctly the balance team couldn't make mechanics changes and instead had to ask the skills team who could reject it. That might have changed but I'm not up to speed on the gossip. That's one of the reasons there was a lot of frustration about CMCs big patch, he wasn't able to address the mechanical problems and only numbers change.

Edited by apharma.3741
You guys posted a load while I was typing.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

I'll leave this last response as Jazz has already indicated that they wish us to stop.

I do respond about other classes, go through my post history if you like. I am currently in one thread discussing cele stats, elementalist and the scepter changes however I haven't really played much scepter other than to say the timing on Dragon's Tooth is really obnoxious and that it does too much damage. You will also see things like this. This isn't the forum for that discussion though and the forums have rules about derailment and off topic posting.

Everyone can have an opinion but non of you addressed the specific alterations I had in mind for the document (topic of the thread) or the reasoning behind those and instead chose to derail the thread as at least 2 of you have already stated your disagreement previously.

Edit: Yes let's hope 2023 is better for mesmer, who knows maybe Robert Gee might take a look or something. Ideally 1 dev playing each class would be great but I think what's more likely to happen is expanding the skills team to be more diverse and have people who play all classes. If I remember correctly the balance team couldn't make mechanics changes and instead had to ask the skills team who could reject it. That might have changed but I'm not up to speed on the gossip. That's one of the reasons there was a lot of frustration about CMCs big patch, he wasn't able to address the mechanical problems and only numbers change.

Its great that you address the issues on other classes as well in other threads! Plus I saw your link as well and did read your post. Great!

The reason why I decided to write again in this thread was for the post from Hederrain where he writes that we basically are begging Anet for nerfs and we'll get what we deserve. That post alone worries me, because Anet has this habit of nerfing us for no reason so they keep the other players satisfied. So I had to say something!

Then I saw the way you responded to Varis, almost in a way that you wanted him to just stop writing and his opinion does not matter anyways, that's never ok to me, doesnt matter whoever acts like that. Thats a bully mentality and I dislike that kind of attitude! So I responded to you aswell! Your long post above Hederrains post, yeah I read it, I dont have anything specific to say about it cuz I expected you to write something like that. I respect your thoughts and your opinion, even if I dont agree with you on them! 

I have no beef against you, the only thing I want is that our class becomes fun and viable again, and I think you want that too.

Edited by AshkyLicious.4729
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Almost. They forgot a couple like: Phantasmal Berserker summons an additional berserker, and they each deal less damage (33% instead of 25% less damage.)

Also, while the buffs to Reaper helped. They are still garbage tier and need more love for end game PVE content. Still a good step in the right direction. I'm having fun playing my reaper again in open world. They just need a bit more help for raids.

Edited by Josiah.2967

Who called the forum police? I was mostly a silent reader of the forum during my break from the game but have not seen a moderator in years :classic_laugh:

Also when we go a little bit off-topic now, can i ask for explanations about alliances in WvW? How do they work? I have a hard time to find the way to join one.