Add auto-pathing to the game?

rune.9572

3 hours ago, Gryphon.2875 said:

Why not Canthan taxis on the main maps, costing the same as way points, unlocked on your account once you completed EOD on one toon?

Delete most of the waypoints too, so that mounts and taxis would take over their funtion instead

Edited by soul.9651
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

I'm seeing a trend in a lot of newer threads: people wanting the effort of game play taken away.  That's such a strange concept for a game that is already pretty chill. 

I see it with a lot of games. Also more interest (particularly among people in their mid-30's or older) in shorter and more relaxed games in general. Although I don't know if that's a new trend or if I'm noticing it more because I'm in that age group so it's my friends and peers saying they'd prefer a 2 hour walking sim over an epic 50+ hour RPG.

(Not that there's anything wrong with short relaxing games, I enjoyed A Short Hike far more than I expected to...although my first playthrough took me almost 5 hours and I've played it for about 9 hours in total, so I don't think I'm cut out for short games.)

I remember hearing that World of Warcraft ran into a problem a few years ago where they noticed participation dropping off even among their most dedicated long-term players and when they asked people why the common answer was along the lines of they'd started playing when they were a teenager, now they're an adult with a job and a family and other hobbies and even when they can dedicated a lot of time to games they probably want something more relaxing than scheduled runs through the latest raid.

GW2 is 10 years old now so it wouldn't surprise me if some players are in a similar situation. Or people get into it because they hear it's less demanding than most MMOs and then find it still takes more time than most single-player games.

Edited by Danikat.8537

On 9/27/2022 at 7:58 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

WoW is the GoD mmo.

Every MMO is a WoW Clone.

So why does [Insert MMO here] not have that feature WoW has?

Repeat.

I didn’t know WoW was the Gnomes of Doom mmo. I can see why you feel that way though 👍

Edited by Freya.9075

8 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I see it with a lot of games. Also more interest (particularly among people in their mid-30's or older) in shorter and more relaxed games in general. Although I don't know if that's a new trend or if I'm noticing it more because I'm in that age group so it's my friends and peers saying they'd prefer a 2 hour walking sim over an epic 50+ hour RPG.

(Not that there's anything wrong with short relaxing games, I enjoyed A Short Hike far more than I expected to...although my first playthrough took me almost 5 hours and I've played it for about 9 hours in total, so I don't think I'm cut out for short games.)

I remember hearing that World of Warcraft ran into a problem a few years ago where they noticed participation dropping off even among their most dedicated long-term players and when they asked people why the common answer was along the lines of they'd started playing when they were a teenager, now they're an adult with a job and a family and other hobbies and even when they can dedicated a lot of time to games they probably want something more relaxing than scheduled runs through the latest raid.

GW2 is 10 years old now so it wouldn't surprise me if some players are in a similar situation. Or people get into it because they hear it's less demanding than most MMOs and then find it still takes more time than most single-player games.

I don't think age has anything to do with wanting taxi rides, and short cuts - I think it's people with shorter attention spans who don't understand the best part of the game isn't what is at the end.  Guild wars 2 is already undemanding. 

We already have way points. Why not have the option to deactivate them and take taxis instead? I'd think the way point requires much lower attention span than a taxi.

Sometimes it would be fun just to watch this beautiful world go by without having to worry about checking the map every few miles.

I'd be more than happy to ditch way points in favor of taxis.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

I don't think age has anything to do with wanting taxi rides, and short cuts - I think it's people with shorter attention spans who don't understand the best part of the game isn't what is at the end.  Guild wars 2 is already undemanding. 

I wonder if it has to do with multi-tasking. Show streaming on one screen while “playing” on another. 

3 hours ago, Gryphon.2875 said:

We already have way points. Why not have the option to deactivate them and take taxis instead? I'd think the way point requires much lower attention span than a taxi.

Sometimes it would be fun just to watch this beautiful world go by without having to worry about checking the map every few miles.

I'd be more than happy to ditch way points in favor of taxis.

Out of curiousity, what are you checking the map for? 

I usually set my personal waypoint for my destination which keeps me on track as I navigate the terrain on the way.

14 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I wonder if it has to do with multi-tasking. Show streaming on one screen while “playing” on another. 

Out of curiousity, what are you checking the map for? 

I usually set my personal waypoint for my destination which keeps me on track as I navigate the terrain on the way.

I don't have a very good memory. I'm getting up there in age, and I get lost.