FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NERF ENGI DPS RIFLE IN PVP !!!!!

MiniiZero.7896

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? RIFLE DPS IS INSANE IN PVP EVEN THE TRAITS AND CRIT DAMAGE!!!!!!! I LIKE THE NEW RIFLE ANIMATION BUT THE DPS AND DAMAGE NEEDS A TONE DOWN BIG TIME. IF AUTO ATTACK CAN TAKE OUT 10K HP IN SECONDS!!!!! WITH MECH, TRAITS AND AUTO RIFLE DPS DMG

ENGI NEEDS A GOD DAM NERF!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, MiniiZero.7896 said:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? RIFLE DPS IS INSANE IN PVP EVEN THE TRAITS AND CRIT DAMAGE!!!!!!! I LIKE THE NEW RIFLE ANIMATION BUT THE DPS AND DAMAGE NEEDS A TONE DOWN BIG TIME. IF AUTO ATTACK CAN TAKE OUT 10K HP IN SECONDS!!!!! WITH MECH, TRAITS AND AUTO RIFLE DPS DMG

Not just Rifle! Mortar and Grenade is still OP. Is it because they forgot ? Or they thought we wouldnt notice anything ?

Scrapper, Holosmith, Mechanist we're all too boosted that people compare normal professions to those specs and feel like they are weak.

Engineer OP, Please nerf it ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10

1 hour ago, felix.2386 said:

not gonna lie it is too effective in low tier for the effort it needs

for where people don't know how to abuse teleports

Which is why we get topics like this.  It's noobs eating noobs--no one competent cares about engineer, but there are very few competent people in PvP it seems.  So, get these nerf requests for something that for the most part is a serious L2P issue.  

Like, Mechanist is literally the entry LI build specifically kept intact to get new people into PvP...then those new people want it nerfed 😂.

I've never played Mechanist btw, so I have no horse in the race to defend it.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

I don't want the build to be nerfed because PvP is hard enough already as it is and I think it's good to have some entry-level build just to get started. From the perspective of facing it, it can be tricky but it's doable.

TLDR: abuse LoS

Wall of text: It's a projectile build with no AoE; the counter is abusing line of sight. Which is the same weakness of a deadeye, but unlike deadeye engies have no melee nor ports to actually finish off a running target, so running behind columns is basically how you survive; all the heavy damage is useless if you can't land it.

Abuse LoS as much as you possibly can, and only engage when you have some block\reflect; that's when you engage, feed their pewpew to your defensive, land your single burst and start kiting again: just grind and repeat until they die. Just be aware of Overcharged Shot\Net Shot; those are the two skills you really want to avoid, as they will prevent you from kiting. But then again, these shouldn't be a problem since you have control over the timing of the engagement (they chase, you run for as long as you like), so....engage when a reflect is up, bounce back those two skills and the engie is going to be really sad.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, MiniiZero.7896 said:

Since three weeks we know that Rifle Mech will be nerfed today. Yet people start a new thread like twice a week demanding nerfes that are already announced.
No wonder the devs don't read the pvp section anymore...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

the "normal" Rifle Engi is just so terrible bad in High Rank. You get focused from everyone and are just instant dead. 

I never had Problems with enemy Engis, just nuke them away, they are food, trust me.  And if they surf the boring fulltankdontwanttodie Meta, then ignore them..  like 70% of my Matches, the enemy Engi is doing 5k Damage in 15 hits ,thats nothing.  Its all about L2P issue.  If you dont know how to deal with Engis, go watch Youtube Guides lol 

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

Since three weeks we know that Rifle Mech will be nerfed today. Yet people start a new thread like twice a week demanding nerfes that are already announced.
No wonder the devs don't read the pvp section anymore...

What nerfs are you talking about? The balance preview only lists buffs for engineer in PvP.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Marxx.5021 said:

What nerfs are you talking about? The balance preview only lists buffs for engineer in PvP.

Their list is incomplete, but they mentioned it in the stream and confirmed it on... reddit I think?
Aim-Assisted Rockets won't be triggered by the Mech anymore, only by the engineer. Furthermore since the Mech has higher weapon damage than the engineer that trait is responsible for those 10k+ Orbital Command Strikes. Those come from the Mech and are expected to be gone very soon.
Also the part of the Mech Frame Trait that causes the Mech to inherit 100% of the engineers Ferocity will removed. It will only inherit 50%

It's basically just a flat nerf in Rifle Mechs damage output.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It'll go down from noobstomp tier to meme tier in a few hours. Once the mech loses ferocity and rockets it will deal a lot less damage in PvP. 

Still enough to kill people who insist on face tanking its damage, but no amount of nerfs are enough to save those people. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

It'll go down from noobstomp tier to meme tier in a few hours. Once the mech loses ferocity and rockets it will deal a lot less damage in PvP. 

Still enough to kill people who insist on face tanking its damage, but no amount of nerfs are enough to save those people. 

When someone loads their Mech up for DPS... you drop the pulsing stun from shredder, stand in front of it with shredder, then hit it with thunder clap, while rocket charging, then spin reflect, and put up shock shield... dead mech face tank style 🙂

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, MiniiZero.7896 said:

I am relieved when the scrapper I face uses rifle.  If they are traiting explosive and firearms they are meltable in a second... which beats the seconds it takes them to never get to doing 10K damage. 🙂. The very best part is they will half kill themselves when that super rocket thing bounces off my reflect 🙂

Edited by shion.2084

Engie Rifle? Seriously??? Not sure about Mechanist, cause i don't play it, but as Scraper or Holosmith with Rifle i can't even bring a bunker Warrior with a Healing Signet below 80% health, before he/she killes me ... Dmg is semi good only vs players with zero or very low Toughnes/Armor.

If Mechanist burst dmg is op, nerf Mechanist, not Rifle.

• Confused 1

On 10/4/2022 at 8:41 AM, felix.2386 said:

not gonna lie it is too effective in low tier for the effort it needs

for where people don't know how to abuse teleports

Nobody "abuses" teleports in GW2 lmao.   It's not like GW2 has any unique, skill-based movement.  All you have to do is run the hard counter class.  Problem with GW2 is that since this is akin to advocating for rock-paper-scissors, the "higher tier environment" of the game is a massive joke.

• Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

Now that rifle holo is back in the menu in high rated games you'll prolly get your rifle nerf. Anet just loves nerfing core stuff in the name of elites

Doubtful. They'd probably just nerf bomb kit or grenade f skill damage by 0.005%. 

At least until 2024 when the new elite spec comes out and they want the new weapon to shine.

13 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

Doubtful. They'd probably just nerf bomb kit or grenade f skill damage by 0.005%. 

At least until 2024 when the new elite spec comes out and they want the new weapon to shine.

But rifle holo doesnt use any of those kits, more likely to nerf turret toolbelt and even slickshoes toolbelt lol

Nah.

Easy build that requires a modicum of awareness to fight is exactly what low tier needs. Easy entry into pvp and teaches one of the fundamentals of the game. Namely hide behind that box.

Flamethrower could go through walls, but rifle cannot. If people are taking obscene amounts of damage because of rifle spam, let mechanist have that to get people invested. Imagine if they nerfed Ryu's hadouken because it works without giving thought to how people less new to the game can eat people alive that solely rely on it. 

Still enough to kill people who insist on face tanking its damage, but no amount of nerfs are enough to save those people

Listen to @Kuma.1503, he's seen the bad timeline. There needs to be a foundation for what is expected of people to be able to handle.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 2