Is warrior truly the worst class in the game?

DaniTheHero.6318

21 hours ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

No, no, absolutely. I just found it weird to have that ammount of damage out of a wonky build. It wasn't performing as badly as i thought it would ( that being said, the bleed upkeep is awful, i couldn't break 15 stacks easily and i used a bleed duration sigil and a bleed on crit sigil ).

FT is a really bad move for condition in it's normal state. Sword needs more conditions besides bleed and immobilize, and it could also use a complete revamp in the direction of being full-condi, while Mace would be the hybrid condi-power weapon.

Hamstring is one of the worst finishers i've seen in a weapon.

To be fair, there's a SpB roaming build i saw with power Sword/Dagger-GS where you bullrush into dagger 4+Sword 3 for maximum burst. Savage Leap's damage isn't as bad either ( altho it's nothing to write home about ).

You get unique buffs during dragonstorm from the dragon response mastery line. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Was it the private or public version?

Either way, you have to remember that if there's even a few good support players playing at the same time as you, you're going to get huge benefits from the buffs they're pumping out.

I've got several builds that are difficult to play solo, but blossom in group environments, purely because I don't have to worry about boon generation any more.

In OW PvE, Warrior can all of a sudden feel very effective when the zerg hits, and in a wipe situation, you'll often be the last left alive.

So many other professions are spewing out stab, protection, aegis and regen, you no longer have to play at your limit just simply trying to stay alive.

Public.

1 hour ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

World of Warcraft classic Warrior seems a lot more appealing by the day compared to the kitten pile anet has made of it 🤣

When they get to 60, they become absolute forces of obliteration to the point where they can tank raids with dual wielding if they outgear the raid.

And on that note, Paladins are on their rightful places: The healing dress or the trashcan. Guardians have had it too good for far too long. Maybe it's time for us to put our big boy plates and demand the blues to provide support only.

STRENGTH THROUGH TYRANNY.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

STRENGTH THROUGH TYRANNY.

This is the way. The weak are meant to be led by the strong. The strong are meant to lead the weak. Those whom have raised themselves through noble effort and great dedication stand in a place superior to those who relied on the tools made available to ease the hardships and burdens of one’s path.

And what is a warrior, if not one who chooses to forsake the sources of comfort afforded the average man? What individual is more worthy of respect than the one who takes the burden upon himself in pursuit of high achievement? For it matters not if you succeed or fail! The path of greatness is drought with errors and failures. These are the pillars upon which you rise to the place that others have long given up for.

So no, we should not give credence to those who have settled for the ground upon which they started. It is not the voice of the one who points out when the strong man stumbles, or the one who points out where the doer of deeds could have done them better. Nay! Those who are worth their salt, those whom I would follow are those who have set out as conquerers, vanquishing the armies that wage war against them in their own mind. Those that have subjugated the shortcomings of their own circumstances and risen in spite of the obstacles set before them.

Some may call it tyranny. Some may call it unjust. But they are but the fools who have failed themselves! They are but the ones who look for comfort to ease the regret that lurks in the darkest depths of their own mind. I tell you no! It is not tyranny, it is not unjust! It is the right of the strong and powerful to preside over ye. And the opportunity to join the ranks of the strong is not precluded from any man, woman or child. It is open to all. So come, no matter who you may be, and take up your sword. Your place on the mountain top is already carved out, but you must take it for thine self.

If ye wish to no longer be presided over, then raise thyself up, abandon the comforts and safety you have grown accustomed to, and begin climbing. We are waiting, stop the mountain, in the halls of the mighty, in the land of Warriors. Come, join us! 

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Their lofty achievements blind them to the truth, friend. They wear the same plate as us. They use the same weapons as us. They wield the same battle-hunger as us. BUT THEY ARE NOT US.

They are zealots, magically imbued, crazed believers. They need the guidance of the martially-inclined, of the tactically-privileged. They need our hand to drive their direction.

While they were creating blue flames, we were climbing hills. While they rested in meditation, we studied the blade. If a Guardian is a rock, then the Warrior is a MOUNTAIN. Discipline is a virtue, yes, but it's a virtue of soldiers. COMMANDERS don't march. They STOMP the ground. We don't move, we quake the earth beneath our feet. They need our guidance.

It's time. The unclean, the deceiver, the wizard, the bandit, the savage, the technofetishist, the zealot and the mist-diseased. It's time for them to learn their place in the hierarchy. They'll bow, or they'll be made to bow. And if they refuse to bow, they'll be stepped on by our bootheels, in glorious plated ground stomp.

The blues will be the support. We will be the vanguard. Their time of indiscipline has ended. Our dawn is at hand. And whoever contest that, may find their throats in our steely grips.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

the design is such a failure

literally everything on warrior relies on burst skill to function.

then you have traits/skills that gives adrenaline.

of course non adrenaline generator will be less relevant.

now it is balanced to a point, warrior is unable to play it's class mechanic, without specing into adrenaline gain, even power spellbreaker, which they heavily nerfed on adrenaline consumption from 30 to 10, still requires discipline and one adrenaline trait from spellbreaker to function.

literally 0 real choice, everything you need to spec into the same adrenaline generators

they need to literally standardize adrenaline generation and consumption across all warrior specs.

bladesworn is basically the only spec without the need to spec in to adrenaline, because they hard nerfed all adrenaline generator by changing into flow and gave hard flow generator for all first tier bladesworn master trait/utility, also gave standardized generation instead of per hit.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

bladesworn is basically the only spec without the need to spec in to adrenaline, because they hard nerfed all adrenaline generator by changing into flow and gave hard flow generator for all first tier bladesworn master trait/utility, also gave standardized generation instead of per hit.

People complained about baseline adrenaline gain not being good enough, thus Arenanet took away Adrenaline Bladesworn.

People complained about Discipline being Mandatory due to Fast Hands. Thus, Arenanet disabled weapon swap in combat on Bladesworn to not make Fast hands literally does nothing for Bladesworn.

People complained about Banners being our only way to support, thus Arenanet turned them into just another Quickness provider, despite far superior options existing.

The way I see it, Arenanet prefers to address Warrior pain points by simply taking things away. And the pain points that can't be addressed by taking away (like our minuscule damage) get largely ignored.

And going by the preview for the next patch of changes, they don't even seem to be interested in improving Warrior (other than a few insufficient consolation buffs here and there). I simply can't seem them doing something as simple, yet effective, as increasing and standardizing baseline Adrenaline generation across core, Berserker and Spelltoucher (we clearly aren't breaking spells anymore).

It's just sad that they constantly make sure that the most fun profession just isn't really viable for most content (other than Open World). Fun is the most important thing in any game, but Warrior's years-long lack of potency really challenges the ability to have fun in some content (like all of EoD and the Tower of Nightmares).

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 3

It might take years for Anet to get around to making bladesworn viable in pvp again, if at all. They chose the easy route and propped up spellbreaker and with that, gave warrior a spot back in competitive again. But what about bladesworn? What about people like me who're vastly disappointed in purchasing eod and ending up with a purely pve espec lol 

The worst part is that, knowing Anet's history, they may use unhealthy gimmicks again to make bladesworn work smh.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

And on that note, Paladins are on their rightful places: The healing dress or the trashcan.

Join my cause!

Get rid of Guardians and bring back Monks!

Then get rid of Necro's toughness bonuses and give them heavy armour instead, so as to not throw out ANet's unblinking devotion to having three of each armour weight class.

Monks should never have been replaced by Guardians; they gave the original game some of its unique flavour, and GW2 could have leant into the fisticuffs aspect of monks instead of trying to appeal to the more generic MMORPG crowd by introducing Paladins Guardians.

In addition, Guardians,  by their very existence, watered down Warrior. Why go just plain old Warrior when by choosing Guardian, you could be a Warrior but with magic?

Alongside tying attributes to gear, this is probably the worst decision ANet made when developing GW2.

DOWN WITH GUARDIAN!

UP WITH MONKS!

*Note: I know this will never happen. It needs to, but it won't 😞

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

Their lofty achievements blind them to the truth, friend. They wear the same plate as us. They use the same weapons as us. They wield the same battle-hunger as us. BUT THEY ARE NOT US.

They are zealots, magically imbued, crazed believers. They need the guidance of the martially-inclined, of the tactically-privileged. They need our hand to drive their direction.

While they were creating blue flames, we were climbing hills. While they rested in meditation, we studied the blade. If a Guardian is a rock, then the Warrior is a MOUNTAIN. Discipline is a virtue, yes, but it's a virtue of soldiers. COMMANDERS don't march. They STOMP the ground. We don't move, we quake the earth beneath our feet. They need our guidance.

It's time. The unclean, the deceiver, the wizard, the bandit, the savage, the technofetishist, the zealot and the mist-diseased. It's time for them to learn their place in the hierarchy. They'll bow, or they'll be made to bow. And if they refuse to bow, they'll be stepped on by our bootheels, in glorious plated ground stomp.

The blues will be the support. We will be the vanguard. Their time of indiscipline has ended. Our dawn is at hand. And whoever contest that, may find their throats in our steely grips.

they lack virility, we have BIGGER PP, 20k hp pool, all natural, no magical enhancements, and we can still get bigger. 💪

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Knowing anet's track record it wouldn't surprise me in the next expansion of they give the Warrior pom poms and call it the  dance maker. With the pom poms being only a  mainhand  focus.  Warrior meditations that apply self slowness and give 2 stacks of might each. And all the skills being cc that only stun for 1/4 second per skill with a turtle paced telegraph that is slower then guardian hammer 4's banish. While limiting the adrenaline generation again for some reason. One would think adrenaline would be similar to fight or flight🤔 being instant. Instead with the barbaric idiot anet views our class as being. It's like first a warrior gets annoyed wait 10 seconds, now the warrior is grumpy wait 20 seconds later. Warrior starts it's true bloodlust by the time it's blood reaches its head some time after what seems to be after the warrior is already on its knees. Free the beast anet we are not some village idiot, we are not npcs we are warriors . Literally those trained and specialized in combat rather then some village idiot that smashes there head against ever surface they can find trying to lick up what other classes can provide. Idk where anet has gotten their research from but they need a new source and Bring forth true warrior gameplay rather then some mind split fool that is overshadowed by other classes due to it being viewed as the idiots class instead of what it could be.

• Haha 1

Honestly something like Paragon is likely at this point.

I think they tried BSW with the gunsaber to test out an F1 that gives a new kit. I can see them doing that to 'give' us a new weapon type like land spear, or a Greataxe, or proper halberd type weapon.

As to what we'd get as an espec weapon... The options are MH pistol, shortbow, Staff (🤮), or focus (🤮).

Focus they would not do MH, so it would ONLY be OH and you bet your savage scale that it would be melee, and we're seeing how well that is playing out with the OH Melee pistol from BSW.

Staff I can't see them getting right, especially if we get another kit as a profession mechanic. Feels like it would step too much on each other. A Shortbow or MH (RANGED) pistol would fill the mid range niche we don't have, but then so would a thrown spear kit as a profession mechanic.

• Like 1

I mean, if they did Shortbow, they could do something truly unique and allow Warriors to use it mounted.

It would only be a couple of skills at most, as mount skills take up the rest, but just the ability to use a weapon mounted would be exceedingly cool. And no other profession would have that as a mechanic 😄

Edited by Mungrul.9358
Where am <i>?!
  • Like 1