Is warrior truly the worst class in the game?

DaniTheHero.6318

1 hour ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Warrior isn't bad its just... clunky. It needs smoother gameplay.

warrior never bad because banner, lol

but yea, the gameplay just isn't fun nor diverse and clunky and some times unreliable, which is why a lot of people simply stops playing .

most shittiest class can be "not bad" with old banner and decent dps number, it's so easy to make a class "not bad" in pve.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

warrior never bad because banner

In my opinion, Banners currently are in the worst state they ever were in.

Before, people would bring Warriors for the unique effects.

But now, Banners are mainly about Quickness, which others can provide easier.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

In my opinion, Banners currently are in the worst state they ever were in.

Before, people would bring Warriors for the unique effects.

But now, Banners are mainly about Quickness, which others can provide easier.

Before the change, warriors were generally complaining that they are "banner slaves", since the unique buffs hard required at least one warrior in the party to run these.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Before the change, warriors were generally complaining that they are "banner slaves", since the unique buffs hard required at least one warrior in the party to run these.

That has as much to do with the rest of the utilities being so bad that the banner build and DPS build were the same DPS and speed runners wanted every marginal increase to shave times down.

Banners as they are now need to provide different boons/effects on summon with the trait, and preferably flip overs to dismiss them with added effects.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

People complained that Banner Slaves was the only role for them, because literally everything else is just too bad to provide Warrior with a different role.

The official solution? Buff the abysmally underperforming utilities? NAY! THe official solution was to destroy the one thing that was viable and replace it with a subpar version of something others already could do better.

Clearly, obliterating the one thing was the chosen solution to try and remove the "Banner Slave" problem, because it was cheaper and easier than actually improving the other parts of Warrior.

"Banner Slaves" would never have been a problem to complain about, if Warrior had had viable alternatives. But they didn't. And they still don't have any other viable roles. They simply lost the one viable role they had.

37 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Banners as they are now need to provide different boons/effects on summon with the trait, and preferably flip overs to dismiss them with added effects.

And they need to be mobile. Just put them on the Warriors' backs already, Arenanet.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

And they need to be mobile. Just put them on the Warriors' backs already, Arenanet.

We also got an elite spec that's decidedly not mobile and takes forever to build up. Also, compared to other professions that, oh you spent time out of combat here's some of your profession mechanic juice so it's not fully depleted. Warrior on the other hand you gotta build everything from 0.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Considering the first recent official banner change anet tried to crawl away with being the pick up and place the banners with no banner skills equipped literally making the warrior being stuck like a scare crow that could move. Except for the fact the boon pulses were so underwhelming that other utilities such as bolas provided more use while not doing any damage as a utility that could be cleansed or dodged easily or reflected. Idk some changes have been okay. But given how things are ,I feel that anet probably has dipped into the entire warrior budget that it is willing to waste it's time with. I still wonder if I had chose a medium armor class as my main if I would of been happier with all the hours I spent on playing my warrior instead.

On 11/25/2022 at 8:55 AM, Kodama.6453 said:

Idk why got a confused reply, you're right.

Originally, the issue with banners was that they were so obviously better than any other support avenues war could bring, they were forced to slot them, as any other build options were suboptimal compared to what they gave.

Anets solution to wars feeling stuck like that was not to make other options more appealing or effective, but to make the good option significantly worse by removing its unique buff and making the interaction experience with the banners painful in a kind of passive aggressive malicious compliance (at least, with adjacent events that will not be specified,  that is how it felt. )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The thing about the banners is objectively incomprehensible, anet I change them for raid issues and other things, so yes we have to thank the great skill designers for such stupidity, after so many years, recently, they were able to give us something halfway decent and that it was well carried out, but like many other things it did not have any follow-up.

Anet would have to return to how the banners were before the patch of March 5, 2019 and work them from there, only changing the functionality, making you equip them directly instead of casting them, as this was a pretty big design flaw that made you have to cast the banner and pick it up to use support abilities, which is absurd, because the same skill kit of the banner had for leave it on the floor, ability that could easily be changed to cast it and leave it on cd as it currently does.

Now the banners, although they are easier to work with, do not contribute almost anything in terms of support, especially in healing, something even more absurd, since you lose a fairly large amount of healing for taking a banner that will only give a blessing that many other supports give without complication, so if, anet has no idea about his game and seems not interested at all, their fixes are only somewhat consistent when the community's anger really shows and their balance patches seem like a random number crunching that doesn't fix any real issues in the game, more than that they just make it even worse, making it more and more inconsistent, At this point, not if they will do it on purpose or do not have the necessary means.

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Idk why got a confused reply, you're right.

Originally, the issue with banners was that they were so obviously better than any other support avenues war could bring, they were forced to slot them, as any other build options were suboptimal compared to what they gave.

Anets solution to wars feeling stuck like that was not to make other options more appealing or effective, but to make the good option significantly worse by removing its unique buff and making the interaction experience with the banners painful in a kind of passive aggressive malicious compliance (at least, with adjacent events that will not be specified,  that is how it felt. )

Many people use that argument of "why didn't they just buff the other utility skills to the same level as banners", but this wouldn't have been a solution to the problem.

(Useful) unique buffs will always be sought, no matter if your other utility choices are good or not. Stuff like banners and the unique spirit buffs from ranger became pretty much baseline for group composition and made these 2 classes mandatory. And as much as some people might want to believe that, making classes mandatory for groups is not a good thing.

Don't get me wrong, the first iteration of their banner rework was absolute garbage. I was staring at the screen in disbelief when I read what they are doing, it was not imaginable for me that anet would dare to make skills so bad in their game. But reworking banners was warranted and their version now is totally fine in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Many people use that argument of "why didn't they just buff the other utility skills to the same level as banners", but this wouldn't have been a solution to the problem.

(Useful) unique buffs will always be sought, no matter if your other utility choices are good or not. 

It would not have solved the problem on its own, but it could have been explored much more fervently than it was when Anet decided to turn the unique buffs from banners into boons that warriors ordinarily dont give. It was obvious the functionality change would be watched with hawk eyes. 

(Useful) unique buffs will always be sought, no matter if your other utility choices are good or not. 

See but warrior -didnt- have other good choices. That in tandem with the banner axing is what got everyone pissed off. But anyway, in the past.

I am... Quite new to the game, but gotta say, I've picked the Warrior as my first class because shouting at people, placing banners and blowing into the horn sounded like a very cool concept for a melee support. Just from the point of aesthetics.  It.. Wasn't quite what I've imagined. Still pretty fun, but I've switched to Guardian now, ngl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To anyone stating that Unique Buffs are a problem or that they were required no matter what:

If you have 9 core Professions, each with 3 different Elite Specializations, you have 36 classes. If you took those unique buffs and spread them scrolls the different Elite Specs, you would then be able to do several things:

1) Maintain identity of the spec.

2) Balance the numbers around what that Unique Buff offers.

3) Provide interesting and fun ways of giving boons to others.

4) Make it impossible to have every unique buff.

Would people still ask for specific things? Sure. But if you have several different builds that you can run that all provide Unique Buffs that any team would want, then you would get a lot less teams asking for specifics, because not every team is a speedrunning team looking to break records. Most people are perfectly fine just going and doing the content.

Some of this becomes a bit awkward when the Unique Buffs are from core, but there are ways to work around that that weren't just "give everyone the same boons", which just ended up turning the "We need these specific buffs" into "well, this one is easier so ill just play that instead"

Edited by Kalthea.4326
  • Like 1