Engineer Spam getting really bad in sPvP [Merged]

Mell.4873

Pretty much every match I'm seeing 2-3 Engineers on each team and I think it will only get worse as times goes on.
There is no point in playing anything else when you can a 100 to 0 someone in a few seconds with Engineer Rifle Quickness. Reflections or not the ability to output absurd damage just means you can live a little longer.

I'm also seeing a lot more people playing sPvP I'm wondering if this is the direct cause.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Kuma.1503 said:

The prophecy has been fulfilled. ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

This does seem worse than when we had Bladesworn and Willbender spam.

This is primarily becouse it can't win you tournaments but it can get you gold very fast. It can be countered very easily with an organised team but how often do we see that even in Platinum.

I mean most of my games no one players Support so expecting some meta pick to counter Engineer is probably not likely, what is most likely is everyone plays Engineer, especially below gold

• Like 1

The big brain play is to main a tempest. 

It's viable at all levels of play. 

It's anti-meta

It bullies rifle engi. 

It hard carries teamfights, especially if the enemy has no support.

Best of all, it has deceptively good pressure, especially if you run warhorn (Focus is for COWARDS)

The free elo is there for the taking. You must simply embrace the ways of the water sprinkler. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

It's anti-meta

It bullies rifle engi. 

AMEN.

-sincerely, someone that mains Tempest since EoD dropped 😄

(Buffed SPB is giving Tempest a hard time tho 😕 )

Edited by Sahne.6950

30 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

It's anti-meta

It bullies rifle engi. 

Best of all, it has deceptively good pressure, especially if you run warhorn (Focus is for COWARDS)

The free elo is there for the taking. You must simply embrace the ways of the water sprinkler. 

True but its one of the hardest classes to play, I for one don't have time to learn it just to counter the meta shift.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Yeah, I gotta second that, at least from the perspective of a newer player with boomer reflexes like myself. I 've seen it in action and would love to play it but the entry barrier seems way out of my skill level (at the moment at least). Now don't get me wrong, I've read Sahne's bruiser Tempest guide and it was very informative however when I try to put everything in practice in the heat of the battle with a soulbeast/mech/warrior pelting me, I make mistakes and Tempest doesn't forgive noob mistakes so easily. 

I see better players use it and it shuts down Mechanist pretty bad, ngl.

On a side note and sorry for highjacking op's thread, is there any chance we'll see an updated version of Sahne's top degenerate roaming builds or has nothing changed at all?

I’m actually relieved to see the opposing team has a mechanist.  Typically the engi without a toolbelt is an easy kill in plat.  Well I did drop to gold  with some horrible match making…. But still 😉. It’s a pretty easy kill for a scrapper, or any coordinated port and poop team.

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, GhandiBot.6257 said:

Pretty much non-existing in Plat games. This is more of a L2P issue than anything. 

The game already has enough projectile denial, and you or your team should focus it for a free easy kill instead of letting them free cast. 

Again my point is its being abused far more in Gold and lower, this means we will have a huge number of them players in these ranks squeezing out players that play anything else.

This does seem to a lot worse than any other time a profession dominated sPvP, even playing Necromancer's minions took some skill to finish people even if you could not die yourself.

On 10/18/2022 at 4:05 AM, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Like deadeye, mechanist is an abomination that should've never been made. It's a troll build for the trolls. PERIOD.

ANOTHER reason why I did not buy this expansion.

On the plus side the vast majority of dead eye players are a waste of a team slot. The ones that play well do feel game breaking and trolly though. The shadow arts trait changes really increased the skill gap. 

mechs are still obnoxious considering how simplistic their spec is but as usual with anything engi they get so many overloaded traits and utilities that they don’t have to sacrifice much. Mechs getting a 1200 range teleport stun break that clears conditions and grants boons to the mech is honestly laughable.

what do rangers, the actual pet class, get in comparison to that? 

But in recent matches they haven’t been as much of an issue. Running retribution projectile block on heal really screws up their plans, especially if running jalis for stab uptime. It is unfortunate that an extremely tanky pet can dish out two high damage abilities that also happen to be cc’s. Ya know, cus that doesn’t go against their whole design philosophy of making cc skills do less damage or anything. 

There should be no more than one engi allowed in pvp period, these class are so overpowered that its like fighting 6 people.
It's never been a fair fight if there have a OP class in match.
Spam engi and win feel super super unskilled.
There is no point in playing anything else when you can a 100 to 0 someone in a few seconds with engi.

A top bladesworn player talk about how overpower is mech.

A good holo stealth and cc chain you can never fight back

There has zero nerf of mortar scrapper,  perma fury and might make even stronger.

Edited by noneHotBuildTest.7251
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

On 10/18/2022 at 4:37 PM, Marxx.5021 said:

Even if in higher ranks there is no issue a majority of players may have a problem with rifle spam. Unlike PvE competitive game modes are designed for a minority of players. So I wouldn't expect anything to change here.

If a build work on 99% of player, it's OP, you dont see how much play are here in gold/sliver, Engi OP, A-net should nerf it.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

This is one of the things I hate about the gw2 pvp community. Mech is known to have braindead gameplay while being effective..........every 3rd gw2 pvp players rolls a mech. This game has its issues (a lot) but it's players don't help at all lol

Second that. I've been on teams lately with 2 mechs. I just ran around and cleaned up. Biggest carry I've ever had.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

A top bladesworn player talk about how overpower is mech.

so the guy who can spam stability, race all over the battlefield, reflect and block the mechanists projectile knocks and deal 80% of the mechanists health instantly is complaining about mechanists being bad to fight against?

• Like 6

On 10/11/2022 at 9:48 AM, Bromar.1504 said:

I've read Sahne's bruiser Tempest guide and it was very informative

uwu :3

Tempest is actually by far the easiest ele spec, and one of the easier specs in general. 

if you want some tips, hit me up ingame.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2022 at 9:48 AM, Bromar.1504 said:

On a side note and sorry for highjacking op's thread, is there any chance we'll see an updated version of Sahne's top degenerate roaming builds or has nothing changed at all?

still "kind of" up to date. 😃

Specter is now hot garbage and no longer in my personal top 5 list. not quite sure with what to replace it with yet. I am still waiting for Chrono and virtuoso to pop off, tbh. 😅

but lets be real... just play celeharbinger or p+p celedevil/Deadeye and youll be fine.

Edited by Sahne.6950

4 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

just play tempest.

I know that tempest have best projectile reflection but how to you deal with holo.

When the engi gets one knock down, its over for sure cuz it has so much damage like what the hell. 
Hes literally one shotting and any kinds of elementalist...... and Anet buff holo nerf elementalist ....

Why does Anet hate elementalist ?

It really does feel like choosing elementalist is just playing pvp on hard mode for no benefit.

• Confused 1

On 10/24/2022 at 11:07 AM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

If a build work on 99% of player, it's OP, you dont see how much play are here in gold/sliver, Engi OP, A-net should nerf it.

A build is OP when it works against good players. If you Neef stuff that silvers make Feed you need to Nerf basicly every build

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2