Activate the head armor with an outfit

50 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Outfits and armor sets are two completely different things.  They cannot mix and match them.

yes they can, they just never made it that way.

look at the original GW,  you can do this both ways and it was never an issue, that they totally ignore a most wanted system is not the players fault here, it is completely on them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

I understand why people would want this feature, but I would imagine this is the kind of thing that would have needed to be included from the release of outfits, which was many years ago. 

But then again, what is the point of an outfit if you can mix and match it with armor pieces? Why would that only be limited to the headgear and not the rest of your equipment? And if this was the case, then there'd be no difference between outfits and armor skins, thereby leaving us to ask why outfits exist at all. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trunksam.3497 said:

You can already show/hide the helmet of outfit.. so i think it's possible to show/hide headgear while with a outfit.

It has been asked for hundreds of times and we have had dev statements when the system was implemented saying they can’t mix the fourth weight (outfits) with the other three armour weights.

Now, things do change over time and maybe they will find a way round it, but we do know it hasn’t been possible

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

Eeh?

Most outfits just have the helmet separate and the chest piece take up all the other slots.

Yes, but outfits are their own armour weight/class as far as the games’ code is concerned. From what we have been told, they can no more be mixed than light and heavy can be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Then Anet had best get started Importing those helmets to the outfit weight category.  

See no need for this since they were not advertised as being able to replace your helm of an outfit with what ever you like.

It was either have the outfits helmet or take it off and really they did not even have to implement that tbh.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

I'll just throw in that I would use the outfit system more if helmet skins could be visible.  Currently the lack of customisation (and often weird dye channel choices) tend to make them unappealing to me.

If Anet were going to make outfits customizable in this manner, they might as well just make armor sets.  We would all just have to wait about 9 months for each new set since that's about how long it takes to make them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

If Anet were going to make outfits customizable in this manner, they might as well just make armor sets.  We would all just have to wait about 9 months for each new set since that's about how long it takes to make them. 

If true, then this seems like a solid reason not to implement that customisation.  I have no idea if it is true though.

If, as has been mentioned in this thread, the outfits are just a big chest piece that is treated as a fourth armour weight, with the helmet already independent, then this doesn't *sound* like something that would be equivalent to making new armour sets.

Obviously there's a huge amount of unknowns in there from the customer side though.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

I'll just throw in that I would use the outfit system more if helmet skins could be visible.  Currently the lack of customisation (and often weird dye channel choices) tend to make them unappealing to me.

If you want to mix and match the skins then just stick to the armor skin sets/pieces they also release through gemstore.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I suppose it is the same problem that the preview window has. If you preview a piece of armor for a weight you don't wear, the preview strips every other armor weight from your character.  So your elementalist ends up previewing a pair of steel boots while in their underwear.

If outfits are a universal armor weight and if we could stop them from clearing the appearance of the other weights.  If they could leave the helmet part of the outfits empty in the equipment window, but include helmet skins in the outfit purchase.  If we could equip an outfit, but it ignored the armor weight of what we have on our head and let the head armor show through.  That would leave the hide helmet button alone. They would have to release helmet skins for all of the outfits and decapitate the current outfits.  I think it could work.  Preventing armor from unequipping competing weights might do it.

Is a level 80 heavy gauntlet actually more protective than a level 80 glove?  Are armor weights actually functional in this game?

• Confused 2

On 10/11/2022 at 6:52 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

Outfits and armor sets are two completely different things.  They cannot mix and match them.

I'm sure it's technically possible but what would it take? We don't know how they program certain things and this could be something that is complex and bug prone.

16 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Is a level 80 heavy gauntlet actually more protective than a level 80 glove?  Are armor weights actually functional in this game?

Heavy armor has a higher resistance against strike damage. Not against condition damage however.