Toxic player on the rise ?

Hello all.

I know that a majority on the forum are on a good vibes but would like to know if you meet recently more toxic player/eletist ?

I was talking in a guild chat about a commander who was asking me if i did already AH strike. (i mean it's wasn't cm but normal). He was even requesting (giving limit an order) to someone who playing a better dps build or something like that in the beginning (asking even that everyone eating food (i can understand that but relax it's was only normal mode)).
I was finding that strange since my ap was almost 20k (i could in really have more (kind of 30k+ but since i'm lazy to daily :D). I was saying yes and that i could show ascended weapon from the box (since i open them) or almost requesting me to make a kp proof account (i don't know this website and i'm not feeling confident to give information at this website)(gw2craft okay but this one since a big warning on wiki....)

Yesterday our squad fall on a toxic player who was giving limit order to the squad and yelling on a player of our squad.

And when you look lfg, you seen sometimes crazy li request for "basic strike or even dragonstorm.... Dragonstorm !!!!"  (by exemple, i fall on a lfg requesting 300li+ for daily ah by exemple today)
I can understand in cm strike, cm raid or some kp for raid to have smooth run but well for some things, it's a little bit....

Some people that i was talking was saying too that they meet more toxic player recently even some everyday now....
Often when these toxic leave squad or group, it's better and smooth in general too.

What's about you ? Did you see more or it's just maybe bad luck recently ?

Edited by Valaraukar.7652
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 22
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

Hello all.

I know that a majority on the forum are on a good vibes but would like to know if you meet recently more toxic player/eletist ?

I was talking in a guild chat about a commander who was asking me if i did already AH strike. (i mean it's wasn't cm but normal). He was even requesting (giving limit an order) to someone who playing a better dps build or something like that in the beginning (asking even that everyone eating food (i can understand that but relax it's was only normal mode)).
I was finding that strange since my ap was almost 20k (i could in really have more (kind of 30k+ but since i'm lazy to daily :D). I was saying yes and that i could show ascended weapon from the box (since i open them) or almost requesting me to make a kp proof account (i don't know this website and i'm not feeling confident to give information at this website)(gw2craft okay but this one since a big warning on wiki....)

Yesterday our squad fall on a toxic player who was giving limit order to the squad and yelling on a player of our squad.

And when you look lfg, you seen sometimes crazy li request for "basic strike or even dragonstorm.... Dragonstorm !!!!"  (by exemple, i fall on a lfg requesting 300li+ for daily ah by exemple today)
I can understand in cm strike, cm raid or some kp for raid to have smooth run but well for some things, it's a little bit....

Some people that i was talking was saying too that they meet more toxic player recently even some everyday now....
Often when these toxic leave squad or group, it's better and smooth in general too.

What's about you ? Did you see more or it's just maybe bad luck recently ?

Playing with pug pretty regularly and didn't notice that. I think it's also worth mentioning that someone asking for whatever they want to ask in the description of their squad in lfg isn't really toxic. If you don't like the requirements, avoid their group and join another. What I would say could be described as "toxic" is joining someone else's group and then trying to force it to change their requirements because you don't like what they want.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 9

4 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

It wasn't in lfg description, it was just requesting role and saying the name of the strike. When it's in lfg, i can understand.

Ok. Then that's probably more weird than anything else. I didn't stumble into any group like that (not just recently, but -I think- ever), but if those exist on purpose, it's just counterproductive for the person who set up the group. I would be extremely surprised if that wasn't some isolated case -maybe even an honest mistake, seeing how hiding requirements from lfg description doesn't make sense.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 5

It wasn't in lfg description, it was just requesting role and saying the name of the strike. When it's in lfg, i can understand.

To be clear for the exemple of this evening "Daily EOD - dps" (nothing more requested).
When some lfg are like that "Daily EOD - heal only" and that a dps join, i understand absolutly when a commander is angry. But when there is nothing requested, be like that in the beginning is well...

(sorry you answer before editing my answer)

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

To be clear for the exemple of this evening "Daily EOD - dps" (nothing more requested).
When some lfg are like that "Daily EOD - heal only" and that a dps join, i understand absolutly when a commander is angry. But when there is nothing requested, be like that in the beginning is well...

(sorry you answer before editing my answer)

Ok and do you think that's a norm? Because I doubt you've met someone like that more than once. It probably wasn't even skipped on purpose, since if commie doesn't include the requirements in the lfg description, they need to re-type that requirement for anyone new joining, as well as constantly kick players while re-submiting squad to the lfg. Individual case you've happened to stumble upon for the first time in who knows how long doesn't make it a meaningful increase in undesirable actions. 

As for players yelling around or insulting, I don't really meet those.

@KeoLegend.5132 while I completely agree with the general tip you've included in your post, there's no need for name calling 😉

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

Asking for a lot of KP for NM EoD Strikes is stupid, not toxic, it's not the same.

A player's AP doesn't matter, I've seen people with 30k+ AP join in as DPS and deal less damage than a Druid, I've also seen people with less than 2k AP putting more experienced people to shame.

There we people acting like that before as well, it's nothing new. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

I'm not crying, i'm asking opinion. If you can't have a normal discussion without insulting someone, go away please. You are the perfect exemple of toxic people who can't argue and have a decent discussion.

ok

you want a honest answer?

I never had any problems with that. Someday i even got kicked by the leader because my DPS build wasn't what he wanted.

So what? He is the leader, he can ask for anything and kick whenever someone doesn't fit his criteria.

Also, beign written on LFG or not i always say "/d hello, DPS or Quick Herald" before i get even asked because i want to help organize the squad as quick as possible and get the content done without trouble

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

8 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Ok and do you think that's a norm? Because I doubt you've met someone like that more than once. It probably wasn't even skipped on purpose, since if commie doesn't include the requirements in the lfg description, they need to re-type that requirement for anyone new joining, as well as constantly kick players while re-submiting squad to the lfg. Individual case you've happened to stumble upon for the first time in who knows how long doesn't make it a meaningful increase in undesirable actions. 

As for players yelling around or insulting, I don't really meet those.

@KeoLegend.5132 while I completely agree with the general tip you've included in your post, there's no need for name calling 😉

7 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Asking for a lot of KP for NM EoD Strikes is stupid, not toxic, it's not the same.

A player's AP doesn't matter, I've seen people with 30k+ AP join in as DPS and deal less damage than a Druid, I've also seen people with less than 2k AP putting more experienced people to shame.

There we people acting like that before as well, it's nothing new. 

@Sobx.1758As i was saying, no i don't think it's the norm but with the toxic player from raid yesterday, with i repeat seeing more toxic behavior (not only me, but other people too) (fractal even in pve world)

@Sobx.1758@IAmNotMatthew.1058 As i was saying too, I haven't problem with commander who kick people who can't reading lfg description, rules and roles requested (even li or kp) (even if i repeat for me requesting some cray amount of li for Normal strike is stupid except maybe ht normal who can be really boring at the ping pong phase).

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

@Sobx.1758As i was saying, no i don't think it's the norm but with the toxic player from raid yesterday, with i repeat seeing more toxic behavior (fractal even in pve world)

@Sobx.1758@IAmNotMatthew.1058 I haven't problem with commander who kick people who can't reading lfg description, rules and roles requested (even li or kp) (even if i repeat for me requesting some cray amount of li for Normal strike is stupid except maybe ht normal who can be really boring at the ping pong phase).

I don't know, I wouldn't say this part of your initial post confirms what you're saying now:

43 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

You seemed rather invested about a fact someone required something for whatever, as evidenced by the number of "!!!!" you've included there.

But if now you don't have a problem with requirements in lfg then that's great. I was just commenting on what I've read.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

If someone makes a group with kp requirements and enforces them, then it's not toxic. Giving people *polite* tips on gearing and builds isn't toxic either.

If someone joins a group and tries enforcing their own rules on the group (even more so if it's labelled ''chill'' or ''training'') or joings a group without meeting the requirements, then it is toxic.

• Like 2

A Commander asking for KP doesn't equal toxicity. Not every run is a training run suited for beginners.

Today, we had a player joining our Strikes PUG for the last spot. LFG asked for Quickness, but they joined with "Hi, DPS." The Commander asked nicely whether they could swap to a Quickness build, and when there was no response, the player was booted from the squad -- only to join again, of course. After four or five kicks and being asked repeatedly to swap, the person just typed "kitten".

So, toxicity has little to do with KP and a lot with a lack of proper manners (and, in this case, also proper reading skills).

• Like 3

As i was saying, if it's in lfg description, i understand that (i say in my previous message and i understand why some commander are angry against player who can't read join a group without be the role request etc).

Even if for me, i find a little exaggerated some crazy amout of li or kp for normal strike. I avoid them in general.  For cm, i can understand that.

I did my strike generally with the same group when i can (2-3 times by week when i'm not working) (smooth, no problem). But sometimes i join pug group.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don’t think having requirements for any content is a bad thing. Maybe they want to finish it fast. Maybe they have other reasons. Just don’t join when you see these “insane” requests if you don’t like it. Making fuzz about it is not helpful in any way as all players have the right to play the way they want to. As long as it’s not insulting or toxic. making these requirements is not toxic behavior. 

i have not noticed more toxicity or elitists ingame lately. There will always be some bad apples. It’s your choice if you want to eat them or throw them away👀 

Edited by Freya.9075
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

I don’t think having requirements for any content is a bad thing. Maybe they want to finish it fast. Maybe they have other reasons. Just don’t join when you see these “insane” requests if you don’t like it. Making fuzz about it is not helpful in any way as all players have the right to play the way they want to. As long as it’s not insulting or toxic. making these requirements are not toxic behavior.

And that's not the subject that i was talking from the beginning. Sorry if people misunderstanding me since english isn't my first language. I was saying that  because the lfg description was empty except "Daily eod (or Ah don't remember exactly) - dps"

14 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

i have not noticed more toxicity or elitists ingame lately. There will always be some bad apples. It’s your choice if you want to eat them or throw them away👀 

That's was the main subject and that i wanted to have more opinion. Because even in the guild where i'm people was saying see more toxic people. Insulting, yelling, some eletist saying bad things again one player who wanted to do good things. The other day, some player was "harrassing" (or joking) against a commander who was just doing some basic request to depth meta.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

The first time I saw someone posting excessive requirements for joining their group was the very first Halloween in 2012, about 2 months after the game came out. They were asking for level 80's with full exotics and experience doing dungeons for Ascent to Madness, which is trivial today but at the time was about the most demanding they could be and totally unnecessary for that dungeon.

I've seen variations every since; people asking for top-of-the-line builds or proof of experience with the hardest areas in the game for things which really don't require it. But it's not common and I don't think it's gotten more common over time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

And that's not the subject that i was talking from the beginning. Sorry if people misunderstanding me since english isn't my first language. I was saying that  because the lfg description was empty except "Daily eod (or Ah don't remember exactly) - dps"

People are just commenting on what you wrote in your first post of the thread and there you were complaining about people having requirements:

1 hour ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

Apparently you've then changed the opinion about it in your subsequent responses (and that's ok), but people didn't misunderstand what you wrote there -you just did complain about requirements in lfg amongst other things.

16 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

Because even in the guild where i'm people was saying see more toxic people. Insulting, yelling, some eletist saying bad things again one player who wanted to do good things.

I didn't notice that (and I'm not just saying about "noticing an increase", people just generally don't insult/yell at others -if anything someone disgruntled with squad simply leaves and that's all). NA/EU? What types of squads are they joining?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

People are just commenting on what you wrote in your first post of the thread and there you were complaining about people having requirements:

Did i say that the lfg got requirement ? Look a little below, i say that the lfg has no requirement. 🙂

But you right, i should precise it in my first post.

10 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Apparently you've then changed the opinion about it in your subsequent responses (and that's ok), but people didn't misunderstand what you wrote there -you just did complain about requirements in lfg amongst other things.

I say (and i don't return on that) that for some things, (as dragonstorm) requesting 300 li or other things is stupid.
I say too that it's not toxic when a commander request a role and kick someone who don't read the lfg (it's not the same things between requesting a role and that someone who isn't the role join who is kicked, and requesting crazy amount of li for dragonstorm by exemple or normal strike).

The other day i find someone requesting even 500 Li for a normal strike. Please let be serious....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1