Anet you seriously must nerf Sunqua Peak boss

On 10/25/2022 at 10:56 AM, Bakeneko.5826 said:

T2 is cute and all, but shield removal is based on tier and lightning field timing is somewhat RNG.

It's not. It's 2 regular shots, 1 lightning round. Rinse and repeat. The amount of stacks stripped is privy to the fractal difficulty level (with 1 stack at T4), which shouldn't matter to an experienced group since you are standing on her any way the entire time but it will extend the fight by around 60 seconds compared to T2 because of needing 2.5 lightning fields to get all stacks stripped (with 4 stacks max per field) versus the 1 in T2.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

12 hours ago, Cynder.2509 said:

How about git gud and learn the mechanics beforehand and KNOW your role, rotation, build and class? It's not hard. 

Oh, my. And look whos talking, a guy that some time ago started to verbally abusing a total stranger (that happened to be my friend), only becouse he had more legendaries than you have.

As much as I can agree that Sunqua do not need a nerf, hearing it from you is a total hypocrasy.

Edit: Lol, I even still have a screenshots from your tantrum back than.

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Confused 3

45 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I will say the CM is really hard for Squishy Classes like Mesmer, I do fine on any other CM but I really struggle on Sunqua to avoid all the random damage. If you get bad randomizers it can be impossible on low health Classes.

Mesmer is a medium health class though and has a ton of extra defensive skills. The only real low health class which struggles survival wise here is elementalist, guardian and thief both can easily compensate with class defensive availability.

Might be just a practice issue on your part and will obviously depends a lot on:

- are you running a support heal comp or full damage comp

- how fast you transition her and do phases get skipped (no air and no 2nd fire ideally)

- how good you are at positioning (many of her beam attacks can be sidestepped, especially in phase 2)

- how good you are at dodging relevant attacks (a little dodge into the wall to avoid the final 2 water/laser beams can go a long way in either phase)

- which specialization you are running with Mirage probably being the easiest by far

Edited by Cyninja.2954

28 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Mesmer is a medium health class though and has a ton of extra defensive skills. The only real low health class which struggles survival wise here is elementalist, guardian and thief both can easily compensate with class defensive availability.

Might be just a practice issue on your part and will obviously depends a lot on:

- how fast you transition her and do phases get skipped (no air and no 2nd fire ideally)

- how good you are at positioning (many of her beam attacks can be sidestepped, especially in phase 2)

- how good you are at dodging relevant attacks (a little dodge into the wall to avoid the final 2 water/laser beams can go a long way in either phase)

- which specialization you are running with Mirage probably being the easiest by far

All true, all I'm saying it that it is just harder. I normally use Mirage since it makes most of the fight much easier rather than Virtuoso.
Saying that I tend to play Alac Staff Mirage but I have been known to heal (raid build).

The last boss is much easier if your group has higher dps. Most of the mechanics in last boss can be absolutely destroyed and/or trivialized if you pump. The rest, like burden, spread, meteor, just needs you to be bit attentive.

For normal mode if you are struggling I recommend a cfb or condi spec with access to reflects to reflect the projectiles fire elementals shoot at the group (the part leading to fire cat boss). Reflected projectiles spawn friendly fire elementals that apply Burn with their attacks and they last until the player who used the reflects die, and they will follow the player to last boss. I believe their Burning scales with player stats etc. so this can literally carry your group.

Edit: Didnt realize OP was talking about t1 and not t4. Ignore what I said about elemental cheese, the issue is 100% a fundamental lack of understanding of mechanics, idk if its even possible to wipe in t1 if everyone has atleast some passable knowledge

Edited by Machineuzi.5604

On 10/29/2022 at 11:34 PM, Mell.4873 said:

All true, all I'm saying it that it is just harder. I normally use Mirage since it makes most of the fight much easier rather than Virtuoso.
Saying that I tend to play Alac Staff Mirage but I have been known to heal (raid build).

Virtuoso is also very survivable though, they have blocks and Distortion for days. Mirage has skills that forcibly move you (potentially to danger) and its Distortion is bit more costly than Virtuoso's as clone generation is slower in Mirage and you depend on clones using Ambush to do higher dps  So really you are also good with Virtuoso

I had a similar experience with the fractal in T3 in that we needed a lot of tries to beat it. We had no healer and the meteor after the fire phase killed us. We adjusted our builds and finally killed the boss. And here is where the similarities with the TO ends because I thought it was really cool. It was a challeging fight for us at the moment and we figured out a way to make it work and succede. I loved it. Everyone was really happy that we finally did it. Never once did it occur to me that I wasted my time because the reward was not good enough for my time investment...

• Like 2

On 10/30/2022 at 12:03 AM, Cyninja.2954 said:

I'd add (on mesmer) F3 is SUPER great as "oh s**t" button

Edited by Bakeneko.5826

On 10/17/2022 at 8:45 AM, Bakeneko.5826 said:

but mechanics are easy to understand, if somewhat buggy sometimes with overlap.

It's bad when the fiery coating for the rocks doesn't render under DX11, which seems to be the case for me 100% of the time. I often get downed because I can't tell the solid rocks for the ones that will kill me if I try to hide behind them. They are both just displayed in plain black, and the AoE indicators don't render, either.

That's the only problem I have with this fractal, and it needs to be fixed.

The boss fight is fine otherwise.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

It's bad when the fiery coating for the rocks doesn't render under DX11, which seems to be the case for me 100% of the time. I often get downed because I can't tell the solid rocks for the ones that will kill me if I try to hide behind them. They are both just displayed in plain black, and the AoE indicators don't render, either.

That's the only problem I have with this fractal, and it needs to be fixed.

The boss fight is fine otherwise.

FYI: It has nothing to do with DX11 or DX9, meteor drops don't render properly in normal mode if your fire phase lasts more than "one burn" as far as I am aware. It's more noticeable at lower tiers because people don't CC mid and do high DPS.

29 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

FYI: It has nothing to do with DX11 or DX9, meteor drops don't render properly in normal mode if your fire phase lasts more than "one burn" as far as I am aware.

This is happening during the 100 CM, though, not NM. 😉

It used to render fine when I was using DX9. It only started acting like this since I am on DX11, and others are having the same issue.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

This is happening during the 100 CM, though, not NM. 😉

It used to render fine when I was using DX9. It only started acting like this since I am on DX11, and others are having the same issue.

Have you put in a bug report? Remember that the number of people doing Sunqua in general is lower these days.