Why is perma root a thing?

dead.7638

3 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Play at range, don't condi clear instantly and use Stab/Stealth/Resistance/Invincibility/Projectile Break/Evade/Line of sight.
Once you actually understand how Root Druid works, you can easily counter play them.

As a Mesmer unless you trait heavily to have things such as stab.   You have none of that.   And the dps lose to run inspiration is not even worth it.    I have to use a mantra for cleanse and on both wep swaps… if this isn’t enough to escape root maybe it’s broken, no?   Literally only option is to blink away and still be rooted. But wait what’s that ranger has 1600 range on everything and blink is 1200…   So yes I understand how the cc works and it’s op atm.   If only anet had a ptr to smoothly test and roll out updates.   But who has time for that.   Not anet that’s for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

I can’t imagine any good ranger player being upset about a nerf to this annoyance as I doubt they run it.   Same thing with engi.   It’s stupid strong atm for no good reason compared to many specs.   Leaves almost 0 counter play if you get blind sided.   

• Confused 6

4 hours ago, dead.7638 said:

Just nerf it.   Thanks.   Can clear 3 condi or more four times back to back and you’re still rooted.   The roots have too much hp to cleave and you’re rooted again.   With the ranger update that got a fairly strong buff why is this needed?

It's not needed, just another Ranger God Mode skill that is bullsh.  IMO

dead.7638

I can’t imagine any good ranger player being upset about a nerf to this annoyance as I doubt they run it.   Same thing with engi.   It’s stupid strong atm for no good reason compared to many specs.   Leaves almost 0 counter play if you get blind sided.   

FYI ENG DOES NOT HAVE ROOT

Edited by Soupeod.5714
  • Confused 4

54 minutes ago, dead.7638 said:

if this isn’t enough to escape root maybe it’s broken, no?

The root Druid dumps a lot of stuff into the root, which makes fights vs multiple ppl impossible (unless they are just bad) unlike other roaming builds. 

1 hour ago, dead.7638 said:

But wait what’s that ranger has 1600 range on everything

Shortbow triggers are single target projectiles with 900 range, Ancient seeds is single target and needs a hit on CC so 900-1200 range, Child of Earth has 240 radius on heal and Entangle has 600 radius and follows the rule "if ranger jumps in a cast, dodge" and lastly fang grapple has 1200 range on a slow and easily visible projectile. None of those go past 1200 so poor excuse.

As mesmer you also get an option to just tank Shortbow 4-5 and Ancient seeds with clones.

I'm just gonna say it, if you don't want to put an effort into fighting X build or your build is at an disadvantage (not every build is perfect in all situations obviously). Just don't get into the fight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Play at range, don't condi clear instantly and use Stab/Stealth/Resistance/Invincibility/Projectile Break/Evade/Line of sight.
Once you actually understand how Root Druid works, you can easily counter play them.

Pretty much this. Immob is one of the biggest counters to a lot of up-close builds, but it's balanced out by numerous counterplays. 

-Eros of Ascalon

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Project exa.3204 said:

Pretty much this. Immob is one of the biggest counters to a lot of up-close builds, but it's balanced out by numerous counterplays. 

-Eros of Ascalon

I’m not saying take root out of the game.   But perma anything that isn’t supported by a group is over kill I would assume.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

59 minutes ago, dead.7638 said:

It’s completely brain dead, ranger can root you indefinitely and do well over 30k with 3 lb skills.   I’m under a second.   What more counter play do you need?

Its kind of the point of Condition Ranger and especially Druid. I use Untamed in WvW and roots really help me chase people down or even run away since the Condition Builds don't have as much mobility as the power equivalent.

It does work really well, but other times its just an expensive control condition. I would be better of with a fear or something like Necromancer since at least they can interrupt a target.

Edited by Mell.4873

3 hours ago, dead.7638 said:

It’s completely brain dead, ranger can root you indefinitely and do well over 30k with 3 lb skills.   I’m under a second.   What more counter play do you need?

Literally impossible.  

Something tells me this is strictly a L2P issue, as I know for a fact off the top of my head condi virtuoso is a nightmare fight for Druid if the mes actually knows how to play their class.

So I'd be careful, lest we rangers start complaining that mesmers have too much evade access now...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, dead.7638 said:

ranger can root you indefinitely and do well over 30k with 3 lb skills.

Where did you get that number?
How did you get hit by 30k in 3 skills, while "perma rooted", to do that damage with LB I would need:
-Soulbeast merge.
-Sic'em+Signet of the Wild.
-Some Might and Fury.
-OWP.
-Quickness.
-Berserker gear with offensive Runes (like Scholar) and weapon with damage sigils.
-An enemy that just has no defense in the build and looks at me while waiting for death.
And that leaves only 1 range skill with root that has 900 range and can be countered by 1 condi cleanse.

It sounds more and more like you don't know anything about ranger and just want to nerf it because it's easier than learning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

On 10/19/2022 at 2:08 PM, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

There is no perma root?

If you cleanse the immob, you can move.

If you don't move, the root will grab you again until it's either killed (yes the root can be killed) or you leave its aoe.

I think pretty much everyone complaining about Ranger roots are not aware that the vines that pulse immobilize can simply be destroyed and you can then walk right out once immobilize expires or you cleanse it.

Now granted, it is significantly easier to kill those vines with melee cleave damage than it is with ranged weapons. I think the best solution is to provide classes that need it better access to skills that clear movement impairing effects, such as the Engineer's Rocket Boots or Overcharged Shot.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

23 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

I think pretty much everyone complaining about Ranger roots are not aware that the vines that pulse immobilize can simply be destroyed and you can then walk right out once immobilize expires or you cleanse it.

Now granted, it is significantly easier to kill those vines with melee cleave damage than it is with ranged weapons. I think the best solution is to provide classes that need it better access to skills that clear movement impairing effects, such as the Engineer's Rocket Boots or Overcharged Shot.

No, the better solution is L2P.  Granting other classes better access to skills to clear movement impairing effects pretty much invalidates those very effects.

• Confused 2

On 10/18/2022 at 6:45 PM, dead.7638 said:

Just nerf it.   Thanks.   Can clear 3 condi or more four times back to back and you’re still rooted.   The roots have too much hp to cleave and you’re rooted again.   With the ranger update that got a fairly strong buff why is this needed?

I guess against a Druid in wvw right? Trailblazers condi tank, they don’t do much but if they root you, you will be in trouble. 

do not listen any other comments here: the trait ancient seeds needs to be deleted from game.

aside from that: if you play mesmer go full condi. Druids can not cleanse as good as before so if you keep bombing them with condis they will retreat. Trailblazers will give you enough damage. 

And don’t pursue: that is a max rule in wvw, it does not matter who the other class is. 

Other than that: there is nothing else you can do. Keep’em at range if they get close bomb them. They will retreat with celestial shadow but if you have enough condi variety they will keep bleeding out. 
Druid is very vulnerable to CC as well.

good hunting.  

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1