WTF !

Streaking.9065

7 hours ago, Streaking.9065 said:

General critically hits you for 11,414 using [Plasma Blast]

3438 [Fireball]

3494[Burning]

🤮 Toughness 1892 vitality 1892 Armor 3010   

kitten game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know!!!  The damage  could totally be higher. I mean, come on. 

• Haha 1

On 10/23/2022 at 6:06 AM, Bizgurk.5639 said:

I don't get it. Is this post about the damage being too low or too high?

On 10/23/2022 at 7:55 AM, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

So, this is good or bad ?

Based on him stating his defensive stats, he’s complaining about the damage being too high. He’s got 3k armor. 

Plasma blast is a slow moving projectile, with a fairly small hit-radius, that you can predict by looking at your opponent attunement, and basically only bring damage on the table. It is easy to avoid and moving around even a bit is generally sufficient to counter it. It does hit kinda hard, I give you that... but honestly there is skills in the game that deals more damage and are far easier to land. You need to set it up with a CC or bad positioning from your opponent if you want to land it properly and at that point it is not Plasma blast that killed your opponent it is your CC and/or their positioning that set them up for a burst.

I realize it is probably not what you want to hear, but the reason Plasma blast does decent damage is because quite frankly it should.

Edited by Guybrush.4762
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2022 at 5:08 AM, Streaking.9065 said:

3438 [Fireball]

3494[Burning]

kitten game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever hit someone with plasma burst before?

It's not easy.

You got bm'd by a kittening staff ele.

Rekt lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 10/23/2022 at 4:08 AM, Streaking.9065 said:

3438 [Fireball]

3494[Burning]

You're up against a full-glass power-condi hybrid build, you can probably win if you hit that player even a few times because they will take the same damage from your autohits, with only 10k of health.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

You're up against a full-glass power-condi hybrid build, you can probably win if you hit that player even a few times because they will take the same damage from your autohits, with only 10k of health.

That may not even be a hybrid build, that's a lot of burn to go alongside an 11k plasma blast. Don't think I could do that and I've been using staff weaver for 5 years. Probably the burn was from another player

Edit: but it sounds like OP just stood still in damage and didn't think to dodge anyway so I mean...anythings possible lmao

Edited by solemn.9670
  • Haha 4

Before the rework of the Defense traitline for the Warrior profession, there was someone who recommended me to take Rousing Resilience for gaining  more toughness  against a foe's damage(in fact, healing is more important once the player gets out of being stunned). That person claimed that it was helpful for decreasing  an amount of damage from an enemy's strike. I was like, "You have got to be kidding me.Toughness  is  a lie." When  the person saw my message, he was stunned  and confused  a lot.

Toughness  is useful for drawing a monster's attention to the player. The more toughness one has, the more attractive one is  in the monster's eyes. As for toughness  toward  a hostile player, it barely works. Evasive maneuvers, healing from various sources  of the professions' and other defensive tools  are far more reliable.

Correct me if I am wrong. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Sylvia.4870

11 hours ago, Sylvia.4870 said:

Before the rework of the Defense traitline for the Warrior profession, there was someone who recommended me to take Rousing Resilience for gaining  more toughness  against a foe's damage(in fact, healing is more important once the player gets out of being stunned). That person claimed that it was helpful for decreasing  an amount of damage from an enemy's strike. I was like, "You have got to be kidding me.Toughness  is  a lie." When  the person saw my message, he was stunned  and confused  a lot.

Toughness  is useful for drawing a monster's attention to the player. The more toughness one has, the more attractive one is  in the monster's eyes. As for toughness  toward  a hostile player, it barely works. Evasive maneuvers, healing from various sources  of the professions' and other defensive tools  are far more reliable.

Correct me if I am wrong. Thank you in advance.

It works...somewhat. The difference between a light armour profession and a heavy armour profession is pretty small. Investing heavily in Toughness does...something, otherwise Trailblazer wouldn't be so popular. But it only works against strike damage, and Vitality is probably better unless you're relying a lot on self-healing and extra Toughness is the difference between outhealing the incoming damage and not doing so.

The difference between light and heavy armor classes is 291 point of armor. Without added toughness that is about 15.15% more power damage dealt to the light class. So yeah... the gap is way smaller than what you see in other mmorpg but it is still impactful none the less. To make it more concrete it is a bit like if the heavy classes were under a Protection-like buff that worked at 40% efficiency.

On 10/23/2022 at 11:08 AM, Streaking.9065 said:

3438 [Fireball]

3494[Burning]

Theoretically, an elementalist can deal up to 13 232 damage on a Plasma Blast crit on 3010 armor.

He needs to have specific traits, be on full ascended berserker gear with scholar runes, have every existing boon, 25 might, be at full health, and crit on a target with 25 vulnerability.

Without 25 vulnerability, that maximum is only 10 585 by the way.

Take some projectile denial.

Edited by Kulvar.1239