PSA: The Hat Returns!

Happy the goal has been reached, sad to see the cap that kept a special place in my wardrobe is very common now.

Kept it for years in my inventory and cherrished it for being so special, only skin unique since beginning weeks of the game.

I still love the game, and the people behind it, because you do listen to your players.

And sometimes you guys surprise me with some nice acrions, like the european rollback problems a few years back, sending a mount selection license, and restoring most of the problems.

When Heart of Thornes became free with Path of Fire you send the people that had purchased the original Heart of Thornes a Glider skin, a bit of a weird one, but it fits some characters of mine.

And whenever I had problems the people on the site were very helpfull with the ticket service.

Sorry for being a bit down about the cap, and not agreeing about it being a good reward for the community goal.

But thank you for all your good work GW2 team, I am still a fan.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, sewenewes.4176 said:

Has the goal actually been reached?

The Team ArenaNet goal has not been reached, but the superteam that ArenaNet is part of has reached it. So yes, but actually no. The game is drawing (presumably) from the Team ArenaNet page's progress. They're close, but not fully done.

4 minutes ago, Deatheater.1745 said:

I dont see the Hat and still shows 120,120/125,000.

Correct; the in-game counter has not yet updated, but as recently as yesterday, the hat was being awarded to donors who were in a main city at the turn of the hour (any hour, not just reset). I haven't done any science today to see if this patch has affected that, but that's the reason some people have the hat and some people do not.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

The Team ArenaNet goal has not been reached, but the superteam that ArenaNet is part of has reached it. So yes, but actually no. The game is drawing (presumably) from the Team ArenaNet page's progress. They're close, but not fully done.

Ah, that makes sense! I bought the Extra Life pack every year and also donated during the Twitch streams (one year I'll hopefully be early enough to snag a paid spot for adding a critter into the game) but often felt confused by the separation between the "regular" Anet team and the "super" Anet team. Think I'm getting old. 🙂

Well, I guess congratulations on getting your Celebration Hat.

Sucks for veterans to lose their exclusive item, but hey, at least you all got the hat now too. So congrats on your reward, while we veterans get... oh yeah that's right, nothing. Anet rewards you guys by taking away our exclusivity and giving it to everyone and in return giving us nothing for it.

So does this mean all the other exclusive items out there are going to be released in achievements now as well?

They should of just made a new hat with the Extra Life logo. It can't seriously be that hard. They made a new cape with it, are you telling me that doing it for a hat is just too much?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, sewenewes.4176 said:

Has the goal actually been reached? Shows as 120,120 / 125,000 in the game and the 8th is almost over.

I visited Lion's Arch just now, but the hat is not unlocked. I bought the Extra Life pack on the 5th.

I got the hat just before I posted yesterday.

I bought a karma booster on my alt account yesterday and got the blue The Extra Life title, but the hat hasn't shown up for me.  I've gone into Lion's Arch a few times this evening to see if it would arrive, but nothing so far.  Is there  a specific trigger for it?  I thought that maybe after tonight's reset it might pop for me.

UPDATE: got it tonight along with the karma from the final tier. 🙂

Edited by Kaliwenda.3428
  • Sad 1

still cannot help but think it woulda been so nice if Veteran players also got a reward for Extra-Life, although I am happy for those who will now enjoy the one special (now cheesy) celebration hat, that had once been an exclusive reward for buying and playing the game at launch.

It just demonstrates how broken the mindset is at Anet.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

31 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

still cannot help but think it woulda been so nice if Veteran players also got a reward for Extra-Life, although I am happy for those who will now enjoy the one special (now cheesy) celebration hat, that had once been an exclusive reward for buying and playing the game at launch.

It just demonstrates how broken the mindset is at Anet.

more like how broken yours is. Time exclusive skins aren't a good thing in long living games. Eventually those skins would just die out. Other people being able to get the skin doesn't meant our skins are worthless

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sarius.9285 said:

more like how broken yours is. Time exclusive skins aren't a good thing in long living games. Eventually those skins would just die out. Other people being able to get the skin doesn't meant our skins are worthless

You totally miss the point. I got NO REWARD. I donated in spite of the fact because childrens hospitals is a no brainer good cause that I want to support.

That aside. Myself and all other people who have played since release and managed to get the hat got NO REWARD. Meanwhile, a reward we got long ago had all meaning taken away because now having the hat signifies nothing.

[In other words, anyone who has had the hat for 10+ years didnt get ANY reward for 2nd life annual. While with the same action everyone else got a very old coveted reward many of us valued and cared about for what it represents to us and how it used to allow us to identify each other in game.] Anyone denies understanding this is not being honest. Flat out!

Again you ignored the entire point.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sarius.9285 said:

that's how donating works, yea

That is not how the annual Achievement works. You are being intentionally inaccurate (not being honest by redefining the context (a miss-directive lie, functionally)

3 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Unless you donated by buying items from the gem store, in which case you got whichever items you picked.

The items you buy are not the reward for the annual community goal for everyone donating and reaching the goal. You know this and are both attempting to misinform (propaganda that is favorable to Anet)

EVERYONE who had actually gotten the Celebration hat for back at launch already had the hat and so they go nothing for the same achivement that all the new players got our Celebration hat which for 10 years was an exclusive to people who purchased the game at or before launch, as you well know.

Its a huge insult to all Veteran players. They are twice insulted twice:

insult 1: No reward at all for the Annual Achievement because we already had what was given out.

insult 2: The reward many of us valued and could use to identify others who have played since launch is now gone because anyone can have that silly hat so now the skin is worse that worthless to me. Now every time I see it I get upset/angry.

GOOD JOB!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Honestly being repeatedly being told that I am being insulted and how I should feel about it is more annoying to me than other people having a virtual hat.

tbh its clear you are way more invested in the forums than I am with over 10k posts. I never came to the forums untill they did the one dodge nerf to Mirage a few years ago. I guess I dont mind saying how I really feel here as long as I think Im staying within the rules of conduct. That is I have never found value in caring when people try to dismiss what I say or invalidate it. If anything it just pushes me to post more. LOL If the gw2 forum was polite and considerate I probably would be under 500 posts still never under 100.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2