Target Painters Are Your Friend. USE THEM

Jitters.9401

When in WvW....

(1) I make my inventory window as small as possible.

(2) I place my inventory weapon right  above skills 8,9,10 of my skill bar in an easy to reach location.

(3) In my most left "Shared Inventory Slot" I place my target painters.

If I am on a mount, and I know I'm going to go after a thief/deadeye I hit "I" to bring up my inventory window , double click the target painter stack, then no matter how I dismounted, as long as I am 1200 or closer I throw it at my target. 

If I am somehow not in range I weapon swap it away, but my inventory window is open for when I need to grab one quickly. 

I do not like any build that has close to unlimited stealth capability so I remove it from them. Then they die.

Nigh permanent stealth builds tend to get arrogant and cocky. Remove stealth and 90% of the time they panic and the fight is much easier. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

You know what would be better? Being able to place inventory items on your skillbar, like literally any other game. Its been one of the most requested features since release, yet still isn't implemented.

So we're stuck swapping weapons, eating food and throwing siege, traps and disablers out of inventory.

Players made a huge effort to get this implemented for PvE fishing, and the devs instead just opted to have a tackle box button that brings up your hero panel, a glorified inventory window..

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SFShinigami.1572 said:

This is some good stuff for newbies.

Also, remember that traps disappear if you swap build because WHO KNOWS WHY

I know why. A-net somehow managed to tie siege traps to the character skill set. Like ranger traps or other-trap-like skills on other classes also vanish when you change builds. We're lucky enough that rams/catas/trebs/ballistas/arrowcarts don't vanish as well when you swap builds, probably they're marked as "stand-alone" entities unlike traps. Fun stuff.
That's what happens when you create things without future consideration of how they may interact with potentially new features. (cough elite cough specialization cough system)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

When in WvW....

(2) I place my inventory weapon right  above skills 8,9,10 of my skill bar in an easy to reach location.

0) bring max supplies at all times. 

You'd be surprised how few people actually bring supplies.

Same goes for siege blueprints by the way. Bring them and build siege, especially when an objective has full supplies in it and the dollies keep coming, wasting the supplies they bring. I see so many T3 towers and keeps with zero siege on them. You don't have the bigger zerg a lot of the time when defendind, so siege is the way to go...but if you have to build it after they attack it's usually too late.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

You know what would be better? Being able to place inventory items on your skillbar, like literally any other game. Its been one of the most requested features since release, yet still isn't implemented.

So we're stuck swapping weapons, eating food and throwing siege, traps and disablers out of inventory.

Players made a huge effort to get this implemented for PvE fishing, and the devs instead just opted to have a tackle box button that brings up your hero panel, a glorified inventory window..

Perhaps we need to remind Anet's Devs again that they could use the Action Key for that. I think I pitched that idea when it was introduced regularly with LS and raids - around when HoT was released. NPC at spawn locations will let you chose which trap or blueprint you will assign to the Action Key. That key will activate this inventory item, as long you have some in your bags.

4 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

When in WvW....

If I am on a mount, and I know I'm going to go after a thief/deadeye I hit "I" to bring up my inventory window , double click the target painter stack, then no matter how I dismounted, as long as I am 1200 or closer I throw it at my target. 

If I am somehow not in range I weapon swap it away, but my inventory window is open for when I need to grab one quickly. 

I do not like any build that has close to unlimited stealth capability so I remove it from them. Then they die.

Nigh permanent stealth builds tend to get arrogant and cocky. Remove stealth and 90% of the time they panic and the fight is much easier. 

This is a good suggestion actually. I always have to bait stealth classes by not healing so they don't run away and try to get the kill, but this is actually better: I don't need to pretend and just erase them out of existence

9 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Or a separate bar, agree would be a good addition and agree have seen it done well in other WvW style games. To Jitter's point you can leave your inventory window open but there is still some chance click that may get you into an issue. Would be good QoL addition. +1.

• Like 2

You know, I actually have painters in my shared inventory slot too, though it's not the first slot. But that's not a bad idea at all.

Usually buy them when Big Spender is a daily.

I also throw target painters on enemy zerg because.... why not?

And yea fix the traps kitten.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

On 11/1/2022 at 10:21 AM, Gorani.7205 said:

Perhaps we need to remind Anet's Devs again that they could use the Action Key for that. I think I pitched that idea when it was introduced regularly with LS and raids - around when HoT was released. NPC at spawn locations will let you chose which trap or blueprint you will assign to the Action Key. That key will activate this inventory item, as long you have some in your bags.

a bass guitar or some drums or some hearts  or some kite using a quagan tonic are more important than wvw stuff in a wvw map...

on WvW that funcion could be used to store the painters/siege cancelers etc.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

On 11/1/2022 at 4:41 AM, Karagee.6830 said:

. I always have to bait stealth classes

You can still bait.

There was a Diamond Deadeye that i continually ran from just to get him frustrated. 

Then the time came where I let him dismount me and because he wanted me to learn a lesson he was very aggressive to make that fast kill. 

I blinked behind him. Threw the target painter and in the next 4 seconds removed him from existence. 

Baiting is always entertaining. 

18 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Bring EotM sentry turrets in WvW

Have said before, Sentries are a tiny target in WvW but still think they should be counted as an objective and thereby allow them to be upgraded. Granted this is pie in the sky kind of thing. Each Yak that passes them would would act as Yaks do to age them and allow them different tiers. Allow guilds to claim and upgrade them to bigger points. Right now they are just simple alert beacons and ways for people to renew contribution else bait objects to see if you can flesh out a defender by hitting an obvious targets but they could play a more interesting and fun role on the map if you could adjust their function via upgrades.