"In Tune" and "No more tricks, Scarlet" are missing achievement eligibility icons

Charybdis.9042

Many achievements in the game are signalled as active and "not yet failed" by the presence of a yellow/black icon in the boon stack. They disappear when you fail the particular mechanic and are no longer eligible for the achi.

While these weren't part of the original release of Living World season 1, it would have been most welcome to have them present as part of the uplift. It would provide strong feedback  on fights, particularly the busy or longer ones. "In Tune" and "No More Tricks, Scarlet" are two examples that would benefit from this, due to the number of AoE in the fight and the mode of failure (not having a particular buff).

Here's a list of achievements that do have this feature: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Achievement_effects

Thanks for listening!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

After half a dozen tries I figured out what the issue seems to be. When Scarlet splits into her 3 clones (when you hit 25%), the clones fly out from the middle to their sides. During that jump, any attack or even AoE that is still on the boss when you hit 25% will count as "wrong" damage on the ads. What worked for me was getting the boss to 30% HP, wait for the prime buff to run out, refresh it and carefully auto attack the boss to 25% (prefferedly without even giving any conditions). Then did the split and last phase normally and finally got it.

Edited by Aiphaton.9381
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I've had a few goes at In Tune as well - its one of those slow and patient achievements where you have to pay close attention to the fight mechanics. Dulfy's old guide has some good tips, and I also failed one run where a green attunment spawned underneath me while damaging red.

Still need to get this achi and will keep trying.

• Like 2

"In Tune" states "While fighting Scarlet's Prime Hologram, never hit a hologram without the respective attunement", that requirement by itself is easy mode by definition; simply don't rush.  I'm not a noob, currently ranked in the upper 50's in the game having played 17k+ hours and hold 45k+ AP.  My current toon is 100% power engineer with rifle.  I removed auto attack, got rid of my mech, have only berserker stats, scholar runes and my rifle is berserkers with +5 damage/ +7 crit. I'm going painfully slow, for example I stop attacking 10 secs before attunement ends.  If there is another requirement not stated like all npcs in your party must have appropriate attunement also, then this AP is straight up f'd.  Obviously, I'll keep trying, but isn't that the definition of insanity.

• Like 1

I've done this achievement now with my Guardian. Now I tried it endlessly with Firebrand, and just couldn't get it. Switched over to Dragonhunter - and got it first time, no problem at all. My theory here is condition damage (ticking) I think* causes it to fail when the attunement you are holding ends, causing it to fail - possibly (but only my guess.) Pure power DPS builds might be the way to go here. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Croke.9124 said:

I've done this achievement now with my Guardian. Now I tried it endlessly with Firebrand, and just couldn't get it. Switched over to Dragonhunter - and got it first time, no problem at all. My theory here is condition damage (ticking) I think* causes it to fail when the attunement you are holding ends, causing it to fail - possibly (but only my guess.) Pure power DPS builds might be the way to go here. 

Yes.
In the split phase, some dam can be done to them.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 3:14 AM, LuRkEr.9462 said:

Yea, In Tune seems difficult or I am missing something. I did no damage to main boss without prime attunement. Then when the red/blue/green spawn I did no damage to them without their attunement. Still didn't get it, I'll probably wait for a video to see what I am missing.

I'm in the same boat. These two are tricky indeed.

I second the OP's suggestion/request. 

36 minutes ago, Croke.9124 said:

I attempted it on DH as well and didn't get it done.

Perhaps I am missing something? I need the Prime attunement (i.e., all three colors) for the big hologram, and when the three colored ones pop up, I need the respective color attunement for each, correct? All other adds can be killed with or without being attuned?

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Perhaps I am missing something? I need the Prime attunement (i.e., all three colors) for the big hologram, and when the three colored ones pop up, I need the respective color attunement for each, correct? All other adds can be killed with or without being attuned?

Yeah this is correct - all 3 for the Prime in the middle, and then only the correct colour for the 3 when they split. The point someone mentioned about being careful when Prime is close to 25% could be right (although I was more careless, and still got it.) the 3 seperate ones jump out from the middle, so I guess if you have all 3 on, it could hit one and fail it - but that's a guess. I can't see any other reason to fail, tbh.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 9:11 AM, Sponge Of Bob.6802 said:

"In Tune" states "While fighting Scarlet's Prime Hologram, never hit a hologram without the respective attunement", that requirement by itself is easy mode by definition; simply don't rush.  I'm not a noob, currently ranked in the upper 50's in the game having played 17k+ hours and hold 45k+ AP.  My current toon is 100% power engineer with rifle.  I removed auto attack, got rid of my mech, have only berserker stats, scholar runes and my rifle is berserkers with +5 damage/ +7 crit. I'm going painfully slow, for example I stop attacking 10 secs before attunement ends.  If there is another requirement not stated like all npcs in your party must have appropriate attunement also, then this AP is straight up f'd.  Obviously, I'll keep trying, but isn't that the definition of insanity.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:47 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

For both of them, disable auto-attack and do not use any minions/pets/mechs. Although both can be obtained on the same run, it might be easier to separate them so only have to really pay attention to one thing at a time.

For In Tune, always pay attention to the Prime Light Attunement buff icon. When it starts blinking, stop attacking until you've managed to get all 3 buffs again just to be safe. The 3 colored ones are easy. Just make sure not to attack until you have the same color attunement. Check the attunements on your buff bar and the icon above your head just to be sure: RED, BLUE & GREEN. For the Microprime (Mp) phase, your buff will always be Prime Light so just kill them.

For No More Tricks, Scarlet, just stay away from all lasers, scorch marks and circle AoEs which will explode when the Mp are killed. Make sure to dodge all bombs and the laser attacks from above. Do not rush to kill the Mp or risk getting trapped by multi-lasers. Use Range attacks only so there's more room to manoeuvre. Stay close to the tri-color scorched marks as the next laser from the Prime Hologram will always be placed at your location -clustering them will give you more room.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

For both of them, disable auto-attack and do not use any minions/pets/mechs. Although both can be obtained on the same run, it might be easier to separate them so only have to really pay attention to one thing at a time.

For In Tune, always pay attention to the Prime Light Attunement buff icon. When it starts blinking, stop attacking until you've managed to get all 3 buffs again just to be safe. The 3 colored ones are easy. Just make sure not to attack until you have the same color attunement. Check the attunements on your buff bar and the icon above your head just to be sure: RED, BLUE & GREEN. For the Microprime (Mp) phase, your buff will always be Prime Light so just kill them.

For No More Tricks, Scarlet, just stay away from all lasers, scorch marks and circle AoEs which will explode when the Mp are killed. Make sure to dodge all bombs and the laser attacks from above. Do not rush to kill the Mp or risk getting trapped by multi-lasers. Use Range attacks only so there's more room to manoeuvre. Stay close to the tri-color scorched marks as the next laser from the Prime Hologram will always be placed next to it -clustering them will give you more room.

This is all valuable advice, thank you. I'll give it a try this weekend. 🙂

• Confused 1

Ok as noted above I switched to core guardian with only great sword equipped; I'm only hitting what I'm standing on top of.  Berserker stats / scholar runes / power infusions / sigil of force and accuracy ... made sure I have ZERO condition damage output and do not use the F1 skill.  Litany of Wrath / Bane Signet / Advance / Stand Your Ground / Feel My Wrath ... Taking it painfully slow between attacks.  Making sure the Prime Light Attunement buff is up, I kill each of them easily individually in under 20 seconds, so killing them before the buff icon blinks is not an issue. Note: 5th attempt after this post I got it ... makes no sense! 🤐

Edited by Sponge Of Bob.6802
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray Koopa.2354 said:

Any notes on how much In Tune and No More Tricks, Scarlet can be cheesed in a party? Can the player who doesn't need the AP do mistakes without ruining it for others? Do others need to attack at least once?

Tried cheesing it with a friend, didn't work. She got it on our 2nd run despite us doing the exact same, so we tried with me afk-ing the entire fight, then me afking until the last part where u get 10min buff and there are only white guys anyway, then tried me joining for the split phase. Nothing worked, got it done solo eventually.

Also: You get a buff/debuff as soon as you make a "wrong hit" that stacks up to 10 and says it will knock u back when you reach 10 stacks. So you can pay attention to that to check if you are still eligible or if you can already restart.

Edited by Aiphaton.9381
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aiphaton.9381 said:

Tried cheesing it with a friend, didn't work. She got it on our 2nd run despite us doing the exact same, so we tried with me afk-ing the entire fight, then me afking until the last part where u get 10min buff and there are only white guys anyway, then tried me joining for the split phase. Nothing worked, got it done solo eventually.

Also: You get a buff/debuff as soon as you make a "wrong hit" that stacks up to 10 and says it will knock u back when you reach 10 stacks. So you can pay attention to that to check if you are still eligible or if you can already restart.

Yeah, that's my experience too. No matter what we tried, couldn't cheese it for my friend.

I also got it solo previously after doubling down on making sure to not hit the big white prism when it splits at 25% as that always gave me 1 stack of the debuff.

• Like 1

Ok, so, after 20 tries on in tune, i was going to leave that achievement behind, so i only focused on no more tricks, i rushed the boss with all my rotation after i get the 3 colors buff, (did it with ranger, so Lb + Dagger axe, a lot of condis too) then at the split i went and killed the clones with the respective colors, then i focused on not getting hit by lasers and killing the last adds, and at the end i did get credit for both achievements, in tune and no more tricks, so keep going, and go finish it, in tune achievement doesnt pop up after at the time u kill the 3 colors monsters u have to finish the entire fight. (also im pretty sure i hitted the monsters in air during the split phase and i got credit aswell)

PD: btw sorry about my english, just trying to help 

• Thanks 1

Oh boy, was this easy on Power Mechanist! First try on both achievements.😄

"In Tune" first: disable auto-attack, set Mech to 'Avoid Combat', get attunements, set Mech back to 'Guard', and burst everything down.

"No More Tricks, Scarlet": take Elixir U for Stability and more frequent Dodges and just burst everything down as usual while avoiding AoEs. [Edit:] For the Microprime phase, I ran towards the opposite site of the platform (where Scarlet spawned at the beginning of the mission) and carefully worked my way through the Scarlet copies.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

That was tricky to do as weaver. Because the damage while she is splitting still applies to her, all my conditions or multi hitting attacks like lightning sword auto attack made it almost impossible to do. If anyone is having a problem with this, just be extra careful with what you are attacking when she's getting close to 25% hp and if she doesn't have any conditions on her. 

• Like 1

Well I've now completed both these achievements myself and am happy to see the community offering valuable suggestions and guidance.

For my part it was a rifle power mech build, mech stowed. Auto attack off. Range damage helped immensely and I stopped doing damage a full 10 seconds before the buff timed out (in case condi damage ticks failed the achi). Movement was more important than damage.

• Like 1

I've decided to hold off on doing these until there is either a red post saying it wont change or icons are added. I keep doing this fight and i really dont know why im failing. Even tried having a friend come with and do the fight while i just dodged and hid in the back and still i didnt get anything. It's making me wonder if there might be some kind of bug that is impossible to diagnose without the icons cluing you in about what is going on.