But I already have the Seven Reapers Breastplate unlocked

Dithnir.4593

A bit frustrating that on the rare occasion a 5th item shows when opening a black lion chest, I get something I previously won that I can't sell on or use in any other way. Could rewards from BLCs that you have unlocked during that particular loot table, that you've acquired and cannot be traded, be taken out of the table?

• Like 11

I opened 50+ chests and didnt get a reaper part…

would be nice if one could send double looted items to another player at least.

or like in swtor let us drop those items directly into the tp.

in the end i can just keep farming gold and wait until the armor is in gemstore.

so if i buy gems for gold or the armor in tradepost is no difference.

this gambling boxes should stop. Unethic in a company wich point on the ethic codex on every players forums posts.

Edited by roederich.2716
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

i had this happen one time with a mount from blc. You need to use the item you get before you open more chests so it gets added to your account. Not sure if this is the case with every item, but that was the issue I had when I got a duplicate. 

Oh that's good to know!  I save up my weekly key run keys to open twice a year, on my birthday and at the end of Wintersday, so I'm always opening a bunch of boxes in a row. 

Edited by Kaliwenda.3428
  • Like 1

You need to submit a support ticket with ANet.  Don't rely on the in-game reporting, ANet CAN'T respond to it directly due to how the system is set up.

While duplicate account-bound item drops isn't supposed to happen, there can always be bugs that slip through.  At one time, the game had an auto-fix that would give you 2 Black Lion keys if your 5th items was an account bound item you already had unlocked.  I guess that went away at some point.

• Confused 2

I am sure if someone get a second permanent bank access contract for example there was no problem. Also i better get twice the same rare in a 5th slot then no 5th slot at all. I mean i don’t get a 5th slot that often. If i open 10 chests then i am lucky if i atleast get 1 or 2 times a bonus. 4 out of 5 keys are always wasted. If i open chests 1 by 1 every week then the chance for a 5th slot is much lower. 
i once got 2 times the same weapon skin, i sold one op the tp. The other i unlocked. It was only 35 gold or something. 

My last weekly key run was 117 days ago. That was the age of my key run character before i deleted it. it’s not worth it to me the disapointing after every key run every week again. I am not so fast with it and it can take an half hour to obtain the key. And if i think about it time wise, 15x 30 minutes time spend for RNG loot, i think thats not worth it. I want to think positive about the game. But this way it felt like WoW when i finished weekly mount runs. I have quit that game 7 years ago because of bad loot. I had a key run character that reached 6 months and is now 2+ years old. I didn’t delete it after so long time. 

sure i can save up keys. But i can’t control myself there. If i have a key i want to loot a chest. I can’t keep them for to long in my bank. 
and when i see /age of a character i think i could have 15+ keys. 

normally when you would get a duplicate you get your key back if i am not mistaken. But the chance of getting a new 5th slot is very low. So no matter what happen. The chance for bad loot is very high.

I remember someone here gambled away 135 USD to get vermillion torch or what it’s called. That torch with a phoenix and a flame feather. But in the end he did not get it. I am sure he wish he got it and a duplicate for that 135 bucks. 

ohw and true, i can save up stattues. 

Edited by titje.2745
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2022 at 4:10 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

This only applies to Guaranteed Wardrobe/Weapon/Armor Unlocks.

OP can contact the CS Team and find out what the Team is willing to do.

Good luck. 

Nope, it also applies to mounts, for example, though to be honest, I've never gotten a duplicate from the blc's that was untradeable myself so it might just be that I was lucky?

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Confused 1

I think the black lion chests are supposed to prevent you getting duplicates of the account-bound exclusives, but I suspect it's something that has to be set for each item individually because this comes up every so often.

It happened to me once before and I contacted Support and they had me delete the duplicate then sent me a gold black lion key (which guarantees you'll get another 5th slot item).