Plush Mount skins

Mia.6043

46 minutes ago, Viria.1680 said:

The cuckoo is cute, but I was hoping for a bunny. What's more, since they're going to cycle through the mounts before revisiting any it means there's no chance of a plush bunny for *years* if at all.

bnuuy 😞

I also expected a springer.  Big plush bunny seemed likely.  But I look forward to seeing it in game just the same.  Maybe the new cuckoo skins are selling more than I realized and they wanted more options.

I wasn't expecting the springer to be a bird. It looks ok, but I think I'd prefer a bunny. (Also if I got my first choice I'd go for a jackal or warclaw.)

1 hour ago, Viria.1680 said:

The cuckoo is cute, but I was hoping for a bunny. What's more, since they're going to cycle through the mounts before revisiting any it means there's no chance of a plush bunny for *years* if at all.

bnuuy 😞

Not necessarily, they've made 2 prismatic skyscales, one with the default model and one with the new canthan model before making prismatic skins for most of the other mounts.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Viria.1680 said:

bnuuy 😞

2 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Like you, I would rather have a stuffed springer.  I'm kind of surprised by the choice.  Nothing wrong with it, it's just not what I was wanting.

I agree, the plush cuckoo is nice but a plush Springer would have been preferable for me. I may skip this one as I just bought a different Springer cuckoo mount skin recently. Maybe when it goes on sale, if I’m even playing the game at that point, I’ll consider buying it. 

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I wasn't expecting the springer to be a bird. It looks ok, but I think I'd prefer a bunny. (Also if I got my first choice I'd go for a jackal or warclaw.)

Not necessarily, they've made 2 prismatic skyscales, one with the default model and one with the new canthan model before making prismatic skins for most of the other mounts.

Except 'plush' skins have only come out at Wintersday, one per year, no? 

9 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Except 'plush' skins have only come out at Wintersday, one per year, no? 

That's been the pattern so far. But what I'm saying is we won't necessarily have to wait for them to make plush versions of all the other mounts before they make a bunny springer. There's 2 prismatic skyscales and the only other prismatic mounts are a raptor and a griffon.

That's also what I meant earlier when I said I'm not sure Anet see the different themes as sets they need to complete. Some 'sets' were started years ago and only have 2 or 3 mounts available (like the alloyed and lithsol mounts), others get duplicates for one mount before getting versions for all the mounts. I think if Anet intended to make matching sets in each of the styles they've released they'd be more consistent about it.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2022 at 10:45 AM, Mia.6043 said:

I'd love to see all the mounts, have a Plush mount skin. I think they've been a great success. The look cute, and Dye very well. We now have the Rappie and Griffie, Plush's, I see no reason why they can't introduce a plush for all mounts

Please could we just convert the entire game to "Plush" or not at all? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/29/2022 at 9:57 PM, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Like you, I would rather have a stuffed springer.  I'm kind of surprised by the choice.  Nothing wrong with it, it's just not what I was wanting.

Expect ANet to only release Cantha mount skins. I haven't seen a new bunny or beaked griffon skin since EoD release. Also only raptors and skyscales with the twisted horns and (in the case of skyscales) shorter wing spans. Foxes for jackals, tigers for griffons. That seems to be the way they are going now.

Which is a crying shame, if you ask me, but what can we do...

Edited by TheNecrosanct.4028
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

On 12/1/2022 at 5:03 AM, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Expect ANet to only release Cantha mount skins. I haven't seen a new bunny or beaked griffon skin since EoD release. Also only raptors and skyscales with the twisted horns and (in the case of skyscales) shorter wing spans. Foxes for jackals, tigers for griffons. That seems to be the way they are going now.

Which is a crying shame, if you ask me, but what can we do...

Might be more a case of efficiency (on their end).

While brainstorming for thematic mount variants for the new zone, they might have thought up a bunch, and are trying to roll them out while cantha is semi-fresh.

Will probably revert or divert once they've exhausted their stock of sellable themed variants, especially since there will be diminishing appeal among similar skins

Edited by casualkenny.9817
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 11/27/2022 at 1:09 PM, Hindenburg.3415 said:

I hope not.

Plush skins is a crime against coherent visual design and style of the game.

Too late.

33 minutes ago, Malvod.2950 said:

As this game wasn't already weeb enough...

You seem to really enjoy that word.

There're anime notes here and there, mostly in the cash shop. Which makes sense, with the MMO that seems to be getting the most attention right now. ANet wants to offer some crumbs to lure players.

But it's not the majority of the world by any means.

If the art style of the game frustrates you this much, why not find another game?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Too late.

You seem to really enjoy that word.

There're anime notes here and there, mostly in the cash shop. Which makes sense, with the MMO that seems to be getting the most attention right now. ANet wants to offer some crumbs to lure players.

But it's not the majority of the world by any means.

If the art style of the game frustrates you this much, why not find another game?

There isn't another game, except wow sadly, swtor is dead, I don't like eso marketing, and rest are weeb games .

Edited by Malvod.2950
  • Confused 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...