No need to nerf dragon tooth, engineer rifle is strong and need the check

I am really amazed about how easy rifle engi can do so much damage, like when i am playing weaver.
When the engi gets one knock down, its over for sure cuz it has so much damage like what the hell. 
Hes literally one shotting...... Idk if its me but the damage seems to be too much to be honest.

It's not OK to roll a engi and put elementalist into the downstate meta.

holosmith got buffed a lot even though its already oneshot everything.
mean while elementalist's scepter is like meme tier and they were like nahh let go soft on buffs
It's just roleplaying at this point if you play elementalist, you must enjoy pain.

Elementalist downed state meta continues

Engineer has continued to be a dominant force in PvP, Please consider nerf it ASAP.

• Like 5
  • Confused 8

Scepter FA weaver is a less commonly used but still potent build with striking resemblance to tools holosmith. It has the long range multihit burst supplemented with blinds, it has the superspeed spam, it has the block, invulnerability, and burst mobility skills, its one stun break, loads of chainable CC. The only differences is that holosmith has to face you whereas weaver can continously run from you while bursting you down and that holosmith is shutdown by projectile blocks whereas weaver is not. 

Weaver got an overall buff to this ranged build whereas holosmith came out at a bit of a deficit making sword shield a priority. I wouldn't be surprised to see FA weaver get axed in the next patch.

Why always mention engi when ele main try to bargain for something, i'm just curious.

15 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Oh dear. Appearently Elementalists finally got a skill that is good.

Come on, nerf it.

Back to Mechanist.

10 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Roll a holosmith and put those cheeky elementalist players back into the downstate meta.

12 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

No need to nerf elementalists, rifle mechanist is strong and need the check

Edited by freakcoco.4287
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, freakcoco.4287 said:

Why always mention engi when ele main try to bargain for something, i'm just curious.

I play engineer far more than elementalist, so I'm a little biased, but seriously if you want to steamroll an elementalist, thief, or even a mesmer, play a tools holosmith. Barring signets mirage or virtuoso, there's not much they can do to save themselves. Its the beat duelist and roamer right now and its only really counters (nothing you can't escape) aren't meta.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Scepter FA weaver is a less commonly used but still potent build with striking resemblance to tools holosmith. It has the long range multihit burst supplemented with blinds, it has the superspeed spam, it has the block, invulnerability, and burst mobility skills, its one stun break, loads of chainable CC. The only differences is that holosmith has to face you whereas weaver can continously run from you while bursting you down and that holosmith is shutdown by projectile blocks whereas weaver is not. 

Weaver got an overall buff to this ranged build whereas holosmith came out at a bit of a deficit making sword shield a priority. I wouldn't be surprised to see FA weaver get axed in the next patch.

BROOO you HAVE to be kidding. 😂

are you comparing tools holo to freshair!?!! And your conclusion is that they are basicly the same, but freshair doesnt even have to look at people and is also immune to reflects!? so they will axe it!? seriously?!  

Since they crippled elements of rage and feb2020, Freshair weaver is just a shadow of its former self, and no Dragonstooth rework can change that.  They flippin need to revert the elements of rage change.. why would you put +5% conditiondamage on a Vita to precision trait anyways...

petition to bring back +10% strike damage instead of +5% for both?

The Dragonstooth is nice and forces your opponent to dodge, but its still not the gamechanger that sceptre needed to make FAWeaver viable again. They also added another burstoption with watertrident, but it not only requires you to set it up with water4 or Shatterstone... it also requires you to !!!doubleattune to water!!!.

For core/Tempest/Catalyst this is a nice buff.  Because they can actually use the new Watertridentburst without crippling their gameplay.  For those specs its a HUGE buff. But weaver is not benefiting from it that much.

freshairWEAVER still needs alot of love. Currently FAWeaver simply has to many holes and downsides to truely be competetive.  It might work in some scenarios, but as soon as the enemy team has something bursty like a shattermeser/Herald or even Untamed, or anything thats heavy condi, its literally unplayable for your average Player.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

BROOO you HAVE to be kidding. 😂

are you comparing tools holo to freshair!?!! And your conclusion is that they are basicly the same, but freshair doesnt even have to look at people and is also immune to reflects!? so they will axe it!? seriously?!  please play freshair in pvp xDDD     go play it.....   its hot garbage.

Its fine in WvW cuz you can actually burst people, but in PvP you dont have enough rawstats to make a dent. your better of playing literally anythingelse. no cap.    Since they crippled elements of rage, Freshair weaver is just a shadow of its former self, and no Dragonstooth rework can change that. 

The "buffs" to Freshair weaver are not really something to talk about. The Dragonstooth is nice and forces your opponent to dodge, but its still not the gamechanger that sceptre needed to make FAWeaver viable again. They mainly added another burstoption with watertrident, but it not only requires you to set it up with water4 or Shatterstone... it also requires you to doubleattune to water. BUT they removed the 10 vuln from shatterstone... SO THEY AGAIN took 10% potentialDamage away from your burst.

If anything they buffed coresceptre/Tempestsceptre/Catalystsceptre.  Because they can actually use Watertrident without crippling their gameplay.

The problems that Freshairweaver has in pvp are as follows: 

-to gain meaningfull damage, you need to be rocking berserker/divinity.  Not only do you onky have 13k hp this way, but you also baaarely scratch 70% crit with fury.... which you only gonna have for 40% of the time, so most of the time your sitting at 13khp with 50% critchance.....  WHICH IS AWFUL. If you go marauder you will have 16k hp and a bit more crit... but you dont reach the ferocity to really make a dent.

-The range.  its 2022..... Freshair has no real sustain.... just 1 long CD shortrange blink....   BUT 900 RANGE.  With all the mobilitycreep.... Superspeed on airswap is suddenly not enough to truely kite people as much as you need it. There is too much stuff with +900 range that will literally melt you in seconds.. and there is so many teleports that even the thought of a Untamed will have you flopping over dead.  Ever tried kiting a ranger that is PewPewing you from 1500 range, while you kite with your glorious superspeed around the range of 900 to weave in your bursts?  YEAH feels awful, because you will literally die to 4 AA´s from the bow....  

Sceptre needs 1200 range the second it gets 1200 range, it will become viable in pvp. 

HI, I just try you's build with sceptre, it's my fist try , I'm basically a noob elementalist.

I feel sceptre is more smooth and more easy to play than dagger.

What do you think, is sceptre change bring up various for condi tempest or just meme? 

1 minute ago, freakcoco.4287 said:

HI, I just try you's build with sceptre, it's my fist try , I'm basically a noob elementalist.

What do you think, is sceptre change bring up various for condi tempest or just meme? 

sceptre tempest is pretty awesome currently, because unlike Weaver it is profiting from the Watertrident changes BIGTIME. i am rocking my signetbuild with sceptre atm and its not bad. I still favor the dagger, but its solid.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, freakcoco.4287 said:

btw you should try my build with sceptre/dagger.   Worked wonders for me yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, CrowEschatologist.6214 said:

Have you shared that build anywhere? Looking to branch out from Condition Mechanist and that sounds interesting.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lZwGZasLGJO0PntdA-z5YXGJUARmAGPAA

(For WvW: Celestial/Antitoxin   Doom/Torment)

I am running it with dagger/focus which is what you should do. The dagger/focus version, is one of the few builds that lets ele literally facetank thru alot of things. Its a straight up bunker.

The traits make the Ele beefy enough that you could also experiment with scepter and even dagger offhand. It wont be as beefy, but the dmg and mobility should be better. 

Rooting someone with Earthsignet and earthoverload, then place the earth 3 ontop of that and spam your fire AA. People melt rather fast ^^ Or you can cast Dragonstooth, and right before it hits, you root your enemy with Earthsignet so he cant dodge. There is a few neet tricks that you can do to surprise the enemys.

But overall the dagger/focus should be better. You can maintain 100% projectilehate/reflect uptime with it... which by itself is already busted.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, freakcoco.4287 said:

It's an habit that players developped.

They like to compare their favourite profession to whatever flavor of the month spec they believe deserve the most hate. Prior to EoD, a player with similar grievance would have used necromancer or guardian as the mesuring stick instead of engineer.

The truth is that engineer have had it's up and down since release of the game. Right now it's slowly stepping down from a peak, as long as a new "fotm" profession don't step up and replace engineer in those people minds, you'll continue to see this kind of bargain involving engineer happen.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Why are we pretending like Engineers rifle is strong? Holo is the only Engineer build close to good (keyword being "close"), and its on sword/shield.

True. There was a 1v1 ladder held recently and two holosmith players dominated the ladder uncontested for the entire duration of the ladder, one of which doesn't even main engineer. Even the new overperforming defense spellbreaker build couldn't hope to beat them. Fortunately most engineer and warrior players aren't good enough to bring out the full absurdity of the classes otherwise the pvp section of this forum would be far more enraged than it currently is.

19 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

I am really amazed about how easy rifle engi can do so much damage, like when i am playing weaver.
When the engi gets one knock down, its over for sure cuz it has so much damage like what the hell. 
Hes literally one shotting...... Idk if its me but the damage seems to be too much to be honest.

It's not OK to roll a engi and put elementalist into the downstate meta.

holosmith got buffed a lot even though its already oneshot everything.
mean while elementalist's scepter is like meme tier and they were like nahh let go soft on buffs
It's just roleplaying at this point if you play elementalist, you must enjoy pain.

Elementalist downed state meta continues

Engineer has continued to be a dominant force in PvP, Please consider nerf it ASAP.

Imma stay neutral to this topic but just so you know, you're kinda famous on EU mapchat. 

On the bright side, at least evasive arcana is finally fixed. I play both classes but love ele and pchrono more.