Great balance this beta

laoshanlung.3675

https://i.imgur.com/LkIzvPF.png

I'm speechless... peak hours.... red and blue have 0 blobs, green has 2 blobs (25-30 each) and a bunch of roamers on 3 maps taking everything =))

If this is not ANET balance at its best, I don't know what is. It's super annoying playing out number everywhere. All the organized groups/guilds for some magically reasons are all in green leaving red and blue with next to nothing

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, laoshanlung.3675 said:

I'm speechless... peak hours.... red and blue have 0 blobs, green has 2 blobs (25-30 each) and a bunch of roamers on 3 maps taking everything =))

If this is not ANET balance at its best, I don't know what is. It's super annoying playing out number everywhere. All the organized groups/guilds for some magically reasons are all in green leaving red and blue with next to nothing

Don't blame Anet because Maguuma put whole server into 1 guild

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Population Balance is in the Beta Round indeed very Bad. Our Team and Green has often literally on every map Ubuff and blue is steamroll with big blobs every map. Something is very odd. This Beta Event feels to rushed. No fun to fight with 5 vs 50.

Edited by Yunari.9065
  • Like 1

Balance is lopsidedly bad.

Not much different than you would see from a first week of new relinks, some servers dominating because they're not in the "right" tiers. But isn't part of the point of all this, is to get servers to perform on more equal levels? if we're going to end up with obvious T1 to T5 servers then this is pretty much for nothing. Time zone sorting needs to be done.

So the question is, if the result is the same, why even bother with this solution? (yes I know early days through 6 betas, it's not the finished product, but we got sorting to 1% difference of activity time compared to 10% on regular servers!111!11111!!!!!!111!111! yadda yadda yadda)

Population shuffled but not the scores

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, laoshanlung.3675 said:

This beta experience has been different until now, I have seen a flow and therefore very similar number of players on all three sides. We are losing quite a bit in terms of score. simply because each corporation/group goes its own way. They hardly answer calls, indeed last night I had to attend 3 hours of team ciat so childish. I'm better, no I'm the best, and your group goes down at the first push no my group knows what's doing etc etc.

Probably not even my son when I take him to kindergarten is able to make all that drama when he plays with his friends. I personally have little initiative, and I'm terrified of being in a beta forever.

• Like 1

u right, never saw such a unbalanced match, its unplayable...besides that, if we have a queue on a map its always outnumbered too, not just the buff but u also can see that that map has less ppl. and if we dont have queue but you see max 15 ppl against whole blob u dont get the outnumbered buff..im so disapointed from this beta stuff, all 4 betas untill now were not fun at all, it was never balanced, and i guess alliances will not fix the problem of balancing, it will make it worse, and if u dont like your alliance youre stuck in that team for 2 months, sry but in that case i would quit the game. with the current server based system you can atleast transfer. i mean none of my guildies is even online besides the guildraids, since the beta..its just a clownfiesta

18 hours ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

It is not ArenaNet's fault that people on your server can't fight or form a blob and simply give up. You are bad in game, don't blame others.

I have been in a server that was constantly losing fights left and right, and I never felt discouraged to continue playing because the fights were at least fun, it was mostly 30 against 30 and sometimes 30 against 50 but at least we had a fighting chance.

Try facing 3 guild groups, 15-20 each, with your 20 random pugs and see how it goes 😄

As a side note, I'm not blaming green or blue, I am stating a fact that they are more stacked than our team (red). And I'm blaming ANET directly and explicitly for doing a bad job at balancing a game mode that they are actively working on (according to their agenda)

Edited by laoshanlung.3675
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

i guess anet has data about k/d, activity and so on...just balance it that way. population wise it makes no sense. just restrict guilds with high k/d and activity that they cant alliance with other guilds who have high activity and k/d

Edited by ande.9832

It is pretty much like the week after the relinks or like when we had Glicko/Random roll matchups in the past; before we got this one up/down system. Also minus all the transfers, meanwhile alot of Guilds and players decided to do their own thing during these beta weeks, rather than join one big 'Community' Guild to play together.

It's also in an isolated instance, as they will need to test more systems, rather than the Basics we have right now in later Betas for longer durations. Also no the current system is not 'balanced' either, nor was it during the early years after GW2's launch, Guilds did transfer to Servers for 1800 gems or less depending on the WvW Tournament cheap transfers, just to WvW, so bandwagoners, still stacked on the same servers..

Edited by CrimsonOneThree.5682

Ok, Ok. Lets pretend Anet never gives Mag another link, or lets pretend Anet dissolves Mag. What do you really think will happen then?. People will just find another Bogeyman to complain about. What will that forum post look like? BG and RAWR boonblob needs to be stopped!!!. Indo cheats because Honeymoon has bullet proof call outs !!!. Penguinz is clearly cheating because he can zerg bust with 15 !!!. There is always someone to point fingers at when you can't win and you believe you should be. It's been said before, nothing is going to change how any server plays or how any guild plays until winning and loosing means something. Until then your just screaming into the void like my mom complaining on Facebook thinking she's making a difference. We ( Mag ) aren't going to change how we play. Sorry to break it to ya.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, TwoTongues.5163 said:

Ok, Ok. Lets pretend Anet never gives Mag another link, or lets pretend Anet dissolves Mag. What do you really think will happen then?. People will just find another Bogeyman to complain about. What will that forum post look like? BG and RAWR boonblob needs to be stopped!!!. Indo cheats because Honeymoon has bullet proof call outs !!!. Penguinz is clearly cheating because he can zerg bust with 15 !!!. There is always someone to point fingers at when you can't win and you believe you should be. It's been said before, nothing is going to change how any server plays or how any guild plays until winning and loosing means something. Until then your just screaming into the void like my mom complaining on Facebook thinking she's making a difference. We ( Mag ) aren't going to change how we play. Sorry to break it to ya.

There is ways to punish players like you. Anet could move you random server until you learn a lesson.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/5/2022 at 6:26 PM, laoshanlung.3675 said:

Since launch there is a lack of respect torwards wvw and its players. nothing new they dont care

8 hours ago, TwoTongues.5163 said:

tell us, where did RAWR touched you?

• Haha 2

Well, with alliances:

• People have no clue when commanders used to tag up
  • There are no common voice comms
  • Teammates come from variety of places with different playstyles and map preferances
  • Playing when losing has no longeterm profit since you will be split up anyways

Essentially to have success you will need to have 40 trained people ready before you tag up. Start from 0 and magically conjure 40 people. Good luck.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 1