There's Someone In Game Being Very Vile

HIs account name makes fun of the Sandy Hook massacre.

His character name is 'I Hate N-word' (using special characters to avoid the game censor, and not censoring it like I did)

And he just keeps spamming 'F-word N-words' non stop (Again; using special characters to dodge the censor) map-wide in Queensdale.

Apparently he has been doing this for a long time (I only just logged in).

I've reported him, and so have others, but apparently he keeps making new accounts and baby-raging racism across the map.

Edit: From what others are saying; he's been appearing for three months. Where's an in-game mod?

Edited by Akisohida.8963
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 5

In-game reports aren't automated so there won't be an instant response, but people do get banned after being reported for inappropriate behaviour.

If the same person keeps coming back and doing it again and especially if you think they're doing it on multiple accounts it might be better to submit a report using the Support link on website, so you can include more detail, like example account or character names to investigate.

You'll never get a response to tell you what action was taken against another person, even if you reported them, but for one thing we know they get followed up because some sites have fairly regular posts from people complaining they got banned.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

In-game reports aren't automated so there won't be an instant response, but people do get banned after being reported for inappropriate behaviour.

If the same person keeps coming back and doing it again and especially if you think they're doing it on multiple accounts it might be better to submit a report using the Support link on website, so you can include more detail, like example account or character names to investigate.

You'll never get a response to tell you what action was taken against another person, even if you reported them, but for one thing we know they get followed up because some sites have fairly regular posts from people complaining they got banned.

I wish we'd get at least a generic 'Action has been taken on a report you made' reply.

I'll submit a support ticket, too, since I took a screenshot that includes their character spamming, and their account name.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I've seen and reported this account a few times as well. 

Just now, DeanBB.4268 said:

I've seen it, and reported it. Why someone would keep making paid accounts for this is unfathomable.

Far as I've understood it, most of the accounts which are owned by single humans are not paid in the same way as normal accounts. Here is one example, I'm certain there exist more alternative options to get paid accounts. Not a fan of MT, but this link alone saved me 4-5 threads with multi-page discussions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

A VPN subscription is very cheap ...

And it's possible to block VPN connections. I've run across websites that refuse to load if the browser is on a VPN; Should not be hard to implement that in GW2.

2 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

Even cheaper - just reboot your router and get a new IP; meanwhile some other innocent user with the same ISP is now blocked.

Maybe a hardware ban, then. Those should be possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Akisohida.8963 said:

HIs account name makes fun of the Sandy Hook massacre.

His character name is 'I Hate N-word' (using special characters to avoid the game censor, and not censoring it like I did)

And he just keeps spamming 'F-word N-words' non stop (Again; using special characters to dodge the censor) map-wide in Queensdale.

Apparently he has been doing this for a long time (I only just logged in).

I've reported him, and so have others, but apparently he keeps making new accounts and baby-raging racism across the map.

Edit: From what others are saying; he's been appearing for three months. Where's an in-game mod?

You should check out the pvp lobby.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all, thank you for the heads up. I've been talking with our Customer Support team and they are aware thanks in part to your in-game reports--thank you for helping us out on that front. Please keep reporting and blocking as you come across it. 

Good luck on the front. Take lots of rations with you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all, thank you for the heads up. I've been talking with our Customer Support team and they are aware thanks in part to your in-game reports--thank you for helping us out on that front. Please keep reporting and blocking as you come across it. 

Thanks, Rubi, for chiming in.  I think we'd all like more of such communication when and where appropriate.  😉

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thank you for the info! 🙂

Feels good to see a 'We are looking into it' kind of reply.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Glad  a Dev seen this,  I seen this person in Queensdale,  fits your description to a tee.  Reported and then block of course but I've never seen such vile behavior.  Before I was able to block this person.  They said they had been banned 65 times already and just remake an account.  I thought, well someday Anet will get around to an IP ban.  Hopefully soon.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

The game needs in-game moderators like 9 years ago, not only because of this issue but because of afk farming, lfg selling and many other activities that corrupt the players experience. Please bring back in-game moderators.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Akisohida.8963 said:

And it's possible to block VPN connections. I've run across websites that refuse to load if the browser is on a VPN; Should not be hard to implement that in GW2.

You certainly can. VPN addresses are just the same as any other. However that means you have to be willing to accept collateral damage of banning all other users who are using the same VPN.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

You certainly can. VPN addresses are just the same as any other. However that means you have to be willing to accept collateral damage of banning all other users who are using the same VPN.

Well, it'd block ANYONE using a VPN.

The messages I've seen are 'We see you're using a VPN' not 'This IP has been banned'.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Elrey.5472 said:

The game needs in-game moderators like 9 years ago, not only because of this issue but because of afk farming, lfg selling and many other activities that corrupt the players experience. Please bring back in-game moderators.

Great idea, but how do you propose to pay for it?  Many are already upset with the cost of things in the gem store.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Daniyyel.3428 said:

Glad  a Dev seen this,  I seen this person in Queensdale,  fits your description to a tee.  Reported and then block of course but I've never seen such vile behavior.  Before I was able to block this person.  They said they had been banned 65 times already and just remake an account.  I thought, well someday Anet will get around to an IP ban.  Hopefully soon.

And other players need to ignore them as well. I've whispered people to report and then block and not to reply. The last thing this person needs is attention via replies.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thank you!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Akisohida.8963 said:

Maybe a hardware ban, then. Those should be possible.

But then you punish people who are relying on vpn. There where already Threads where peoplegot banned because they use a vpn. Some need this for better Internet, so can Play gw2 and other onlinestuff at all.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

But then you punish people who are relying on vpn. There where already Threads where peoplegot banned because they use a vpn. Some need this for better Internet, so can Play gw2 and other onlinestuff at all.

Yeah, I got a temporary ban before because I was using a VPN for better connection. I am thankful for the customer service who helped me work it all out in the end, but using a VPN can put your account in a false positive state so to speak on their end. I use VPNs in most games I play though because my connection is bad at times, so a gaming VPN helps stabilize it a lot. So blocking all VPNs is a bad idea on GW2 end which I am sure they are aware of.

• Like 6