Please fix warrior

Arky.3072

1 hour ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

very high resistance uptime and becoming what the old problematic meta condi herald

and i felt that....  

been fighting the guy that "invented" the Condibreaker duellist...  he was the Guy that played it in MAT, which lead to it instantly becoming "meta" on Memebattle.com Duellist Condibreaker... this build is VERY VERY strong. my roots didnt work against this guy at all. 😂

Edited by Sahne.6950

22 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Except that I can confirm from my own experience that multiple close spaced CCs will CC the Spellbreaker using FC because I have been CCd before the evasion frames activate from that exact situation.

either the first didn't deal any damage, thus not proccing full counter (which is what I was claiming) or you got your stab corrupted.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

and i felt that....  

been fighting the guy that "invented" the Condibreaker duellist...  he was the Guy that played it in MAT, which lead to it instantly becoming "meta" on Memebattle.com Duellist Condibreaker... this build is VERY VERY strong. my roots didnt work against this guy at all. 😂

Yeah I fought Ferret on it. Good guy, amazing Mesmer and Untamed player and did great work in the hardstuck tournies and mAT. Absolutely awful warror player; stilI, I couldn't do anything to him on that build and it was his first time playing it. Obviously arenanet is going to nerf it as its allowing even the worst warrior players to become a large problem. But the issue is that they're likely going to destroy every other warrior spec in the process.

• Haha 1

Most of these defense builds are propped up by Adrenal Health and Banner of Defense. You could target Banner of Defense by reducing regeneration duration and by making Double Standards mandatory to get any useful boon duration out of banners in SPvP.

Adrenal Health could be mechanically changed so that the effect lasts for 2 or 3 seconds after using a burst skill and is refreshed for 1.5 seconds (1s ICD) after gaining adrenaline. This would allow for things like kiting/LoSing to have more influence in a 1v1 scenario vs Defense wars. The other change would be to make it so that Combustive Shot has to hit a non-minion enemy to trigger burst traits. 

Edited by Zagerus.8675

27 minutes ago, Zagerus.8675 said:

Most of these defense builds are propped up by Adrenal Health and Banner of Defense. You could target Banner of Defense by reducing regeneration duration and by making Double Standards mandatory to get any useful boon duration out of banners in SPvP.

Adrenal Health could be mechanically changed so that the effect lasts for 2 or 3 seconds after using a burst skill and is refreshed for 1.5 seconds (1s ICD) after gaining adrenaline. This would allow for things like kiting/LoSing to have more influence in a 1v1 scenario vs Defense wars. The other change would be to make it so that Combustive Shot has to hit a non-minion enemy to trigger burst traits. 

That would be nerfing core traits and utilities for the sake of one build. There needs to be a better solution that doesn't further screw over the rest of warrior because of one build of one elite spec.

Moreover, the condibreaker build has been "meta" for only 1 month. I will be interested to see if the build maintains its place in the meta as time goes on and people continue to theory craft against it. Especially because the build is so susceptible to heavy power burst, chain CC, and has the worst mobility of any spec that I've seen played in PvP, meta or otherwise (people are using signet of rage to get swiftness so they can move across the map for crying out loud). It would be prudent to see how things play out before applying heavy handed nerfs, especially if they would be affecting core builds/other specs.

• Like 2

People keeps whining on the most telegraphed class, this post shouldn't have been longer than 2 pages, most of good comments are there.

But people likes to complain, thinking that all classes are busted, but theirs💀

Warrior has been off meta for so long, people aren't used to fighting a good warr or just warr in general anymore and gets frustrated easily thinking that it's omega busted 🐧

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

On 12/10/2022 at 8:48 PM, Sahne.6950 said:

and i felt that....  

Lol I think I'm seeing something like that getting played in wvw with cele stats. What garbage did this studio manage to create this time? I think I just watched it killing a cele catalyst.

Though cele is cele so what can I say.

Edited by Hotride.2187

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 10:55 AM, Peter.3901 said:

Warrior should be tuned down, its disgustig to play against, full braindead.

Just spam CC and win games?

If "braindead" and "just spam" were enough justification to down something down, Arenanet would long since have toned down everything.

Just look at all the braindead condition spam, AoE spam, Immobilize spam, CC spam, boon spam, etc. etc. etc. exists in the game in general.

Warrior Spellbreaker is far from an outlier in such aspects. In fact, if you learn how to play against it, Spellbreaker's CC is far easier to avoid than, for example, Harmbinger's Vital Draw.

Spellbreaker has counters. Adjust your play and use those counters.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Just now, Fueki.4753 said:

Warrior Spellbreaker is far from an outlier in such aspects. In fact, if you learn how to play against it, Spellbreaker's CC is far easier to avoid than, for example, Harmbinger's Vital Draw.

You dodge\stunbreak Vital Draw, you're safe for the next 20-ish seconds. And you can CC back.
You dodge\stunbreak some warrior CC, you get another CC. And you can't CC back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

You dodge\stunbreak Vital Draw, you're safe for the next 20-ish seconds. And you can CC back.

You stunbreak, you instantly float again.

1 hour ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

You dodge\stunbreak some warrior CC, you get another CC. And you can't CC back.

Just use one of the counters to Warrior: keeping it at range. Warriors has issues keeping up with the mobility creep that's going on. And you probably can CC back at range.

If you don't partake in the mobility creep, learn the animations. Unless covered by the particle vomit of others, they should be easily readable.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If "braindead" and "just spam" were enough justification to down something down, Arenanet would love since have toned down everything.

Just look at all the braindead condition spam, AoE spam, Immobilize spam, CC spam, boon spam, etc. etc. etc. exists in the game in general.

Spellbreaker has counters. Adjust your play and use those counters.

At least the "braindead" condition/AoE spam are counterable, which isn't the case of the Spellbreaker and its 1000 CCs while being invul for the whole fight without any effort.

Edited by Peter.3901
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Played a few games yesterday, more than half had 4 spell breakers.  You’d think if they were so simple to counter, then everyone else would have a ton of practice by now and you wouldn’t see any.  No the CC spam and survivability of the class is out of whack.  And if they do get you with a cc and you don’t have your stun break left then you’ll be chained till your dead.  Perhaps that’s the worst part is that they’re so defensive, sustaining and can kill you .  It’s pretty silly

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Forums asking for nerfs on core when its 1 single elite spec problem lmao

IMO best option would be to nerf defense if you are also running spb traitline. E.g. adrenal health can get only 1 stack per burst if you also have spb, or some such (or maybe give it a CD so that burst, FC, burst doesn't give you full stacks).

If spb gets nerfed directly, anyone not running defense will have to switch to it now. Cause spb was fine before the reworks, not op, not bad. It won't be fine after a nerf, without running defense.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Cause spb was fine before the reworks, not op, not bad. It won't be fine after a nerf, without running defense.

Yes, i like that idea on nerfing Defense, only if you're using the spellbreaker spec, but i really don't share that last part, spellbreaker was definitely struggling in pvp before the rework on defense, and even CMC said that.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TriumphantLittleTardigradeJonCarnage-kpTySVyLm9dET2ft

Edited by Zizekent.2398

39 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Yes, i like that idea on nerfing Defense, only if you're using the spellbreaker spec, but i really don't share that last part, spellbreaker was definitely struggling in pvp before the rework on defense, and even CMC said that.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TriumphantLittleTardigradeJonCarnage-kpTySVyLm9dET2ft

Spellbreaker was pretty good before the buffs, but like power herald, only a few players could utilize its full potential. The gap between good heralds and spellbreakers and the average ones are massive. 

Now average spellbreakers actually require almost as much concentration against as gods of pvp on other classes while the good spellbreakers are hopeless to even try to fight unless you're on holosmith.

18 minutes ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Spellbreaker was pretty good before the buffs, but like power herald, only a few players could utilize its full potential. The gap between good heralds and spellbreakers and the average ones are massive.

Ah yes it was pretty good but you had to be a top tier player for it to be pretty good. OK.

As I said, it was fine. Wasn't meta, just fine.

7 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Ah yes it was pretty good but you had to be a top tier player for it to be pretty good. OK.

As I said, it was fine. Wasn't meta, just fine.

Thats true but then that brings up the question of how do you lower the skill floor without increasing the maximum capabilities?

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Then reduce the cast times by 20%.  A lot of those skills are highly telegraphed, so if you are removing the reward then you need to remove the risks as well.

Dude, you aren't dodging every ability lmao.

Dodge bulls charge, shield bash, rush, whirlwind, hammer stun (yes I'm listing more than 3 weps), full counter, arcing slice, eviscerate and a long etc. All those are abilities you DO NOT want to get hit by, because they do 6-9k damage OR setup a 6-9k damage nuke. All on very short cds, with gap closers integrated more often than not.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Razor.6392 said:

Dude, you aren't dodging every ability lmao.

Dodge bulls charge, shield bash, rush, whirlwind, hammer stun (yes I'm listing more than 3 weps), full counter, arcing slice, eviscerate and a long etc. All those are abilities you DO NOT want to get hit by, because they do 6-9k damage OR setup a 6-9k damage nuke. All on very short cds, with gap closers integrated more often than not.

Cool, now what is your class and how many blinds, evades, blocks, weakness, distortions/invulns, and teleports does it have? Don't act like dodging is the only defense out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3