I Beg You, ANET!

Blackmoon.6837

Please make Mesmer's next Specialization a Pistol main-hand. 

Does anyone have any solid ideas for a Pistol main-hand mesmer?

My ideas:

Something involving interrupt/dazes with boon applications on successful interrupts?

or

Perhaps something where you setup "parameters" when porting and the pistol helps ports. Setting up parameters will give boons, condis, strip etc. to those in the parameters?

-------------------------

Either case, it should feel rewarding to play it well. Not just spam skills for max dps kinda shtick. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Well, my idea for the pistol back before virtuoso came out was a pistol portal mage gunslinger. Basically you shoot the pistol and it summons portals around the target shooting it with the bullets you just shot into the portal in front of you. I basically got that with virtuoso, but it uses daggers instead which I am ok with since Fate/Stay Gilgamesh. Now though I have no clue what a pistol main hand would be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

Well, my idea for the pistol back before virtuoso came out was a pistol portal mage gunslinger. Basically you shoot the pistol and it summons portals around the target shooting it with the bullets you just shot into the portal in front of you. I basically got that with virtuoso, but it uses daggers instead which I am ok with since Fate/Stay Gilgamesh. Now though I have no clue what a pistol main hand would be.

We go full persona 3 with the mainhand pistol and shoot ourselves in the head to summon powerful nightmares to punish the enemy.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Haha 2

Unless Arenenet improves chrono healing I'd rather a full on heal spec. The potential issue with that is that mesmer doesn't have baseline alac or quickness so that's a dilemma.

If a CC spec has clones I can see a lot of PVP player complaints incoming. That was one of the reasons why a 2 dodge mirage was removed if I remember correctly as mirage had an interrupt build.

This kind of thing already sort of exists if you play domination with dueling traitline using Power Block and Furious Interruption along with Duelist's Discipline and Ineptitude.

On 12/24/2022 at 2:59 PM, Blackmoon.6837 said:

Please make Mesmer's next Specialization a Pistol main-hand. 

Does anyone have any solid ideas for a Pistol main-hand mesmer?

My ideas:

Something involving interrupt/dazes with boon applications on successful interrupts?

or

Perhaps something where you setup "parameters" when porting and the pistol helps ports. Setting up parameters will give boons, condis, strip etc. to those in the parameters?

-------------------------

Either case, it should feel rewarding to play it well. Not just spam skills for max dps kinda shtick. 

I  like your idea. I'm thinking Vincent Valentine (FFVII Advent Children) re-imagined as a mesmer. Would be dope.