ArenaNet's abusive prices on servers

Iskras Femme.1693

considering

1 - ArenaNet does not inform players, whether old or new, except for the forum - exclusively, it does not inform how WvW 'in game' teams are formed. On the server choice screen, just random names for those who just know the game; Nor does it explain the mechanics involved.

2 - the total and absolute imbalance of WvW - which motivated ArenaNet to design another type of WvW (massive PVP);

The existence of 'real money price' for server change is unjustifiable and an extremely abusive price on the part of the company. It would be prudent for ArenaNet to revisit this, rethink this extremely punitive policy for players, even more so when the reasons are the total and absolute lack of information about WvW, the server system, by ArenaNet.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 18
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

considering

1 - ArenaNet does not inform players, whether old or new, except for the forum - exclusively, it does not inform how WvW 'in game' teams are formed. On the server choice screen, just random names for those who just know the game; Nor does it explain the mechanics involved.

2 - the total and absolute imbalance of WvW - which motivated ArenaNet to design another type of WvW (massive PVP);

The existence of 'real money price' for server change is unjustifiable and an extremely abusive price on the part of the company. It would be prudent for ArenaNet to revisit this, rethink this extremely punitive policy for players, even more so when the reasons are the total and absolute lack of information about WvW, the server system, by ArenaNet.

just gonna leave this here so you can do some actual research before making a half throught out post

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-world-restructuring-and-the-future-of-world-vs-world/

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

just gonna leave this here so you can do some actual research before making a half throught out post

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-world-restructuring-and-the-future-of-world-vs-world/

It would also be prudent to try - at least try - to stick to what is being discussed. Nobody here is talking about 'new WvW' - that is not, at least for me, 'new'.

What is being said here (I hope I don't have to repeat it a thousand times) is about the current pricing policy, something punitive and, even more so, that the system is about to be changed. ArenaNet could simply either lower the price - which is absurdly abusive - or simply end this type of 'monetization'...

• Like 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 2

Just now, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

It would also be prudent to try - at least try - to stick to what is being discussed. Nobody here is talking about 'new WvW' - that is not, at least for me, 'new'.

What is being said here (I hope I don't have to repeat it a thousand times) is about the current pricing policy, something punitive and, even more so, that the system is about to be changed. ArenaNet could simply either lower the price - which is absurdly abusive - or simply end this type of 'monetization'...

They are removing the server requirements and thus removing the costs entirely

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Just now, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

When? I wanna change today... So, when?

You won’t get change today, tomorrow or before it’s ready. The high cost was to prevent server hopping which used to be a genuine concern. The alliances are a work in progress. We might see it in 2023, although it’s a running joke at this point.

Im not against them implementing a lower cost, but to be honest I cannot see any further changes prior to the overhaul. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

You won’t get change today, tomorrow or before it’s ready. The high cost was to prevent server hopping which used to be a genuine concern. The alliances are a work in progress. We might see it in 2023, although it’s a running joke at this point.

Im not against them implementing a lower cost, but to be honest I cannot see any further changes prior to the overhaul. 

Looks like, its ok. But it would be nice if they relaxed the price. I don't think there would be too much abuse - maybe it would even solve part of the problem we have in WvW today. But still, for honest players - as I presume to be - who opened a support ticket when switching servers, not knowing it would affect WvW, after they understood my situation - I think it would be good for everyone. I don't see it as 'source of income' per se. Maybe extending the server change days (currently seven, to 15 or 30 days) would solve it.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

Looks like, its ok. But it would be nice if they relaxed the price. I don't think there would be too much abuse - maybe it would even solve part of the problem we have in WvW today. But still, for honest players - as I presume to be - who opened a support ticket when switching servers, not knowing it would affect WvW, after they understood my situation - I think it would be good for everyone. I don't see it as 'source of income' per se. Maybe extending the server change days (currently seven, to 15 or 30 days) would solve it.

I don’t know how they communicate servers selections for new players, but I’m def not against better communication on the importance for wvw if it isnt very good. Anet and communication have never made great bed fellows though and that shows little sign of changing. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I don’t know how they communicate servers selections for new players, but I’m def not against better communication on the importance for wvw if it isnt very good. Anet and communication have never made great bed fellows though and that shows little sign of changing. 

The communication we have, and I think it's good, is with support. They respond quickly, even to secondary questions (less relevant, like mine).

On the forum, I'm new here. Anyway, the game has grown a lot - its quality is something admirable - really.

I hope they act like the PA does with their games (BDO, etc). They have company or related members in their forums who are very active.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Getting really angry about these kind of threads.

Every player has the possibility to gather information on the product before buying it. Like other games GW2 got lots of possibilities to gather info on every ingame aspect. Forums, Reddit, Wiki, Fansites full with guides, twitch live streams where one can look at live gameplay as well as youtube… all over the place.

When buying the product you get one free server transfer so if you even after getting your information chose a server you not like can still transfer for free one time.

The possible prices after the first free transfer are the following and dont even need to be paid with money but can be farmed for free:

500 gems medium server = 6,25 dollar or 105 gold farm

1000 gems high server = 12,50 dollar or 210 gold farm

1800 gems very high server = 22,50 dollar or 378 gold farm

I cant understand how someone can come to the idea to make a thread here and  use heavy expressions like „extremely abusive“ regarding this.

Calling arenanet „extremely abusive“ for this pricing is actually a rude attack on the company and its employees and a reason to account closure.

And even double unacceptable considering arenanet is already in a beta phase of a new system because of player requests…

Op you really need to urgently review the way you gather information before making random unacceptable postings.

Be thankful if the moderators handle this matter accommodating.

Edited by roederich.2716
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 7

24 minutes ago, roederich.2716 said:

Getting really angry about these kind of threads.

Every player has the possibility to gather information on the product before buying it. Like other games GW2 got lots of possibilities to gather info on every ingame aspect. Forums, Reddit, Wiki, Fansites full with guides, twitch live streams where one can look at live gameplay as well as youtube… all over the place.

When buying the product you get one free server transfer so if you even after getting your information chose a server you not like can still transfer for free one time.

The possible prices after the first free transfer are the following and dont even need to be paid with money but can be farmed for free:

500 gems medium server = 6,25 dollar or 105 gold farm

1000 gems high server = 12,50 dollar or 210 gold farm

1800 gems very high server = 22,50 dollar or 378 gold farm

I cant understand how someone can come to the idea to make a thread here and  use heavy expressions like „extremely abusive“ regarding this.

Calling arenanet „extremely abusive“ for this pricing is actually a rude attack on the company and its employees and a reason to account closure.

And even double unacceptable considering arenanet is already in a beta phase of a new system because of player requests…

Op you really need to urgently review the way you gather information before making random unacceptable postings.

Be thankful if the moderators handle this matter accommodating.

Too many people wanting ways to magically gain knowledge. Even a god had to pay a hefty price to gain knowledge that way.

2 hours ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

Looks like, its ok. But it would be nice if they relaxed the price. I don't think there would be too much abuse - maybe it would even solve part of the problem we have in WvW today. 

Players abuse it already with these prices.

Price depends on the server. If you try to bandwagon to already stacked server you will pay more. See post from @roederich.2716 above.

I doubt Anet can really provide info on this topic relevant to completely new players. What information would you propose? 

Edited by Cuks.8241
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Too many people wanting ways to magically gain knowledge. Even a god had to pay a hefty price to gain knowledge that way.

Things are simple when we put 'conspiracy theories' aside - even if it's to criticize something specific.

The game says nothing about 'A servers = will play this or that way in WvW'. Even for players who would like to try out WvW (massive PVP) things are pretty confusing.

What appears to be 'uncommon ground' here is when it comes to ArenaNet's planned change to WvW - changes, in my view, welcome ones.

I, in particular, unlike people who are 'fans of consipratory theories', always start from the following principle: people are honest. I don't think low prices would allow things against the rules of the game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Players abuse it already with these prices.

Price depends on the server. If you try to bandwagon to already stacked server you will pay more. See post from @roederich.2716 above.

I doubt Anet can really provide info on this topic relevant to completely new players. What information would you propose? 

The 'link' (server/color) but i found it by myself.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

I, in particular, unlike people who are 'fans of consipratory theories', always start from the following principle: people are honest. I don't think low prices would allow things against the rules of the game.

Players already proved you wrong years ago when transfers were free. Twitter has also recently provided an great demonstration. If you make it cheap enough for people to misbehave they will gladly pay the price.

Accounts start as free and you choose a server. When you upgrade to paid you also get one free transfer. That leaves plenty of opportunity to find the right server. If you have to pay then you made the wrong choice twice. The first time is excusable. Second time means you didn't bother to learn at all.

Free accounts can not transfer at all so if you are not upgrading then the only way to be on a different server is to make a new account at which point you can select the correct server on the new account.

• Like 1