Please fix WvW exploits

Nidome.1365

I think the title says it all.
1) Glitching into objectives. The keep ones seem to be done by deadeyes and towers by daredevils. There must be a way to fix this?

2) Hacks. You still see the occasional person using hacks that have been around for over a decade. Speed hacks, teleport hacks, hacking into objectives. Isn't is about time someone sorted these? There are also some more recent ones as I have seen people mount up and ride off while I'm fighting them and also people switch from Soulbeast to Druid mid-combat.

Is implementing alliances really easier and quicker than fixing some of these exploits? I know of people who have stopped playing WvW because they believe that Anet doesn't care about people cheating in WvW. If this was fixed some of those people might come back to WvW.

It seems strange that you can report people for various things including botting, but not for cheating?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Anet official response on the matter:

There is no report option for cheating because there is no cheating

Meanwhile videos showing people flying around, account names shown, cannot show more evidence than that and no action gets taken. Incoming cope from players that claim they do ban hackers but just do not announce it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, ViperWire.4261 said:

This has been the case since flying players stealing orbs in WvW back in 2012; Anet just ignores and focuses on locking forum threads.

Orbs of power - now that's a blast from the past. Bring back the Quaggan to WvW I say!

• Like 4

Like how people found a path on the Desert Borderland and have been jumping onto the tree limbs and jumping into Northwest tower, without having to break a single wall or gate, and then can't find time to spare to see it happen with their own eyes.  "Videos and JPEGS can be doctored."  Sort of like how people come into my business and steal, and you report the theft and who did it, but because the boss didn't see them do it, then there's nothing they can do.

• Like 2

Just saw a few days ago some thieves "jumping" into the lower right tower on the alpine borderlands, on that "rock" on the passage right of the tower gate (not the tunnel, the other passage there). They just easily went up that rock and from there it should by another small jump for them.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Galmac.4680 said:

Just saw a few days ago some thieves "jumping" into the lower right tower on the alpine borderlands, on that "rock" on the passage right of the tower gate (not the tunnel, the other passage there). They just easily went up that rock and from there it should by another small jump for them.

There's nearly a glitch into everything - hills outer/inner included. Video evidence submitted of cheat on tickets. Not even watched 4 months later \o/ \o/ \o/ 

Meanwhile in other games, send report in, get personalised response to CONFIRM that they've viewed/agree and will take action. 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, KeyOrion.9506 said:

Like how people found a path on the Desert Borderland and have been jumping onto the tree limbs and jumping into Northwest tower, without having to break a single wall or gate, and then can't find time to spare to see it happen with their own eyes.  "Videos and JPEGS can be doctored."  Sort of like how people come into my business and steal, and you report the theft and who did it, but because the boss didn't see them do it, then there's nothing they can do.

That wasn't how you were able to get in to NWT on Desert BL. It involved owning a few specific objectives and gliding. And I can confirm that Anet has actually fixed the issue. There is now an invisible barrier placed in the area where you needed to glide. (Again, I never used it to access NWT, but I always found Anet's "We See You =)" in the out-of-bounds area amusing).

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

That wasn't how you were able to get in to NWT on Desert BL. It involved owning a few specific objectives and gliding. And I can confirm that Anet has actually fixed the issue. There is now an invisible barrier placed in the area where you needed to glide. (Again, I never used it to access NWT, but I always found Anet's "We See You =)" in the out-of-bounds area amusing).

Well, it didn't help when several people in the community, tagged up and lead an entire group up that path towards the tower, for all to see.  We weren't sure if they were doing it to show the exploit to their benefit or detriment.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Sure about that? And yes, before anyone asks, I submitted a report about this 3 months ago.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Sure about that? And yes, before anyone asks, I submitted a report about this 3 months ago.  

That video doesn't show how they were getting up there, only that they were up there. Also, that video is 3 months old; I tested out the path last week and it had been fixed so that you could no longer glide to the initial area to work your way over to NWT (an invisible barrier has now been placed there).

6 hours ago, Asahi.1487 said:

its a feature not an exploit. Our server use it all the time

It WAS a feature, but then players started using it as an exploit to access NWT. And I can assure you that your server is no longer using it, as Anet has now blocked access with an invisible barrier.

8 hours ago, KeyOrion.9506 said:

Well, it didn't help when several people in the community, tagged up and lead an entire group up that path towards the tower, for all to see.  We weren't sure if they were doing it to show the exploit to their benefit or detriment.

Initially squads were accessing it to see the attached screenshot. In all the times I was taken up there as part of a squad, no one ever attempted to go anywhere near NWT, but eventually you're going to have a player or group of players who will try to find some way to exploit it negatively.

https://imgur.com/1ApmfWy

• Like 1

Actually, there were multiple paths, all over WvW that certain individuals could access.  Hidden walkways, doors, and even in one spot a hidden tunnel in EBG that lead into Jerrifer's.  There was also a hidden balcony that Anet used near Aldons. I caught several anet employees on the balcony cliff near Aldons just...sitting there and afk'ing.  But that was years ago.  But over a period of time there were a few buggy areas.  Watched this one guy, run a thief, always glitching into Valley on EBG.  He showed me a spot he could shadowstep through, because the two walls at the Northeast corner of east side of valley never touched.  You could see into the courtyard of Valley and stare at the supply shed.  But he basically would shadowstep between the crack because there was a "path" available to shadowstep to.  That section of wall took them ...three...or four years to fix in WvW?  And I don't know, three dozen videos that were sent in over that three or four year period.  Or Mesmer's being able to blink into Valley watergate, if they were at the same height as the top of the wall of the gate.  The invisible wall near ogres, used to be no wall there, because when mounts launched for the warclaw, you were able to jump into Ogre's.  Heck there's still an exploit in Edge of the Mist south tower.  Ranger's pets were able to go into the tower, and attack the NPC's, if you timed it just right at the death of the NPC, your toon would get pulled into the tower.  People began to bring their ranger's to Glitch into towers in Edge of the Mist.  The New Glitch/exploit I been seeing is, apparently you know those fancy movement items that allows you to hover above the ground?  Yah, apparently when those launched, temporarily before it was "fixed", since your feet didn't touch the ground it considered you as flying, and therefor unable to be hit.  Perma invulnerability.  Everyone was crying foul, but at the same time everyone was buying the item up to do the same thing.  I have no doubt that there's always a couple of guys, continuously looking to exploit something, and if it's there, they will find it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ronin.4501 said:

That video doesn't show how they were getting up there, only that they were up there. Also, that video is 3 months old; I tested out the path last week and it had been fixed so that you could no longer glide to the initial area to work your way over to NWT (an invisible barrier has now been placed there).

I obviously can't show how to get up there or it's a bannable offense (not that I actually know how anyway).  

But, it's good to dream...if they have actually fixed the exploit, then it'd be the first time they addressed it in what 7 years since DBL has been around? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I obviously can't show how to get up there or it's a bannable offense (not that I actually know how anyway).  

But, it's good to dream...if they have actually fixed the exploit, then it'd be the first time they addressed it in what 7 years since DBL has been around? 

It actually wouldn't be the first time they addressed an exploit in Desert BL.  There was originally a path into NET when Desert BL was first introduced, and Anet fixed that one within a month or two.

Unfortunately it's up to the guilds to self regulate with how much innaction there has been with these exploits.   Members exploiting are kicked from our guild, if something bugs out and someone ends up inside an objective we are breaking into, we tell them to jump out.    Some servers still have small guilds who endorse this gameplay still though

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 3:30 PM, neven.3785 said:

Unfortunately it's up to the guilds to self regulate with how much innaction there has been with these exploits.   Members exploiting are kicked from our guild, if something bugs out and someone ends up inside an objective we are breaking into, we tell them to jump out.    Some servers still have small guilds who endorse this gameplay still though

Some servers still have mega-guilds that use this.  They claim they don't and yet people still see them do it.

6 hours ago, Logan.4796 said:

Came to this forum to figure out how an engineer jumped over the Aldon's Ledge wall and within seconds solo'd a Tier 3 lord.

I didn't see it personally. Map chat was freaking out from the few that were witnesses. Said that the Engineer glided over the wall. MIND YOU WE HAD WATCHTOWER.... So this person wasn't just hiding inside the whole time.

Reports say they "flew" over the wall and the lord died in mere seconds afterwards.

The program they are using allows them to fly, appear anywhere they want, and walk through wall too.  Anet expects us to police this, instead of actually running software to prevent it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ubi.4136 said:

The program they are using allows them to fly, appear anywhere they want, and walk through wall too.  Anet expects us to police this, instead of actually running software to prevent it.

They don't need it on north side of aldons there's a tight corner and u can jump inside the tower..... once again ooold exploit but anet doesn't care.

Friendly reminder that you can literally jump into the Alpine Garrison.... you just need a warclaw and.... jump jump jump jump and your in it. Works ever since they introduced the Warclaw. Reported it to the support. Got a message that they acknowledged it. 

That was years ago.  Its still possible.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 2

Yesterday fighting a member of a known to exploit guild. I was going to win when suddenly he took zero damage. no evades. no blocks. no barrier. just zero damage until I finally lost.

Yesterday fought a heavy melee. Instead of a 1200 range pull, I was pulled almost double that by him using a pull exploit.

Yesterday I was being chased by about half a dozen enemies. I was beyond the 2000 range for a ranger to shoot me, yet one dismounted himself then dismounted me with his longbow, so I hit teleport to max range. Even if I give the benefit of the doubt on the ranger dismounting me, the moment I teleported he teleported on to me instantly. that would mean not only did he teleport a 2k bow range, but also a 1200range to make up for my teleport. and he did it instantly.

And that was just in one day. 

So why when I fire a chain ability and the enemy moves out of range as he is being hit I have the "out of range" message, while when some enemies chain on me and I teleport outside the range, I am still being hit by the attack?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Logan.4796 said:

Came to this forum to figure out how an engineer jumped over the Aldon's Ledge wall and within seconds solo'd a Tier 3 lord.

I didn't see it personally. Map chat was freaking out from the few that were witnesses. Said that the Engineer glided over the wall. MIND YOU WE HAD WATCHTOWER.... So this person wasn't just hiding inside the whole time.

Reports say they "flew" over the wall and the lord died in mere seconds afterwards.

15 hours ago, Ubi.4136 said:

rocket boots is coded as a jump, combined with jump casting you can effectively double jump

paired with the velocity you can wallride certain bits of geometry tf2 style. You can look up the map data on thatshaman's Tyria 3d to see in detail what slopes and nudges you can get on. 

also without 50+ players slamming a lord, the health scaling is akin to a core tyria champion (which isn't a lot). during the flip that you saw I was using a burn build that melted the lord faster than the video (and reaper that just stood still and ate the cleave)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Yesterday I was being chased by about half a dozen enemies. I was beyond the 2000 range for a ranger to shoot me, yet one dismounted himself then dismounted me with his longbow, so I hit teleport to max range. Even if I give the benefit of the doubt on the ranger dismounting me, the moment I teleported he teleported on to me instantly. that would mean not only did he teleport a 2k bow range, but also a 1200range to make up for my teleport. and he did it instantly.

This one is legit possible. LB has an arc to its arrows that fly past the listed 1500 range. They can get to +1800 range if not more if there is a slope/elevation difference in their favor. Untamed has a 900 range teleport on their bar as well, so it could just be that you misjudged the initial distance some and that while you were in the dismount animation they closed the distance with swiftness.

• Like 1