Every Lunar New Year, this loading screen pains me

I know this is just concept art and a festival-only loading screen, but every Lunar New Year this guy stabs me right in the heart. I'd really love the ability to approximate this look in game, a proper cloak with a land spear. There's just something really classic-high-fantasy-adventurer about it.

In terms of cloaks, I'd even be satisfied if it required a specific set of chest, shoulders, and back to pull it off; replace any one of those three with something outside the set, and risk clipping... I'd be fine with that. Even as much as I dislike full outfits, I'd even maybe spring for one of those if that's what it takes.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

I know this is just concept art and a festival-only loading screen, but every Lunar New Year this guy stabs me right in the heart. I'd really love the ability to approximate this look in game, a proper cloak with a land spear. There's just something really classic-high-fantasy-adventurer about it.

In terms of cloaks, I'd even be satisfied if it required a specific set of chest, shoulders, and back to pull it off; replace any one of those three with something outside the set, and risk clipping... I'd be fine with that. Even as much as I dislike full outfits, I'd even maybe spring for one of those if that's what it takes.

You and me both.

• Like 1

While we're on the subject of loading screen artifacts that cannot, once seen, be unseen, how about... Lions Arch:

- the slightly pudgy bloke with his arms crossed in a blue t-shirt standing on the steps

- the schoolgirl with satchel ascending said steps just beyond him

- both of these, presumably, artefacts in the original contemporary image ripped and adapted to this loading image, which looks like it was a photo of the steps to a museum, perhaps in London?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, T G.7496 said:

Ahhh, thank you. Could you tell me what it is?

Extra points if you can identify either the girl or the man 😜

Impossible to identify, its just a composite of many pictures. The main focus with the lions is a bridge in Budapest as mentioned but dont know which exact.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Freya.9075 said:

Ah, yes the land spear and proper cloak. It is one fitting the books of myths and conspiracies. Right beside the chapter of the mythical horse. We can all feel they exist, but no one can see them

We have both land spear users and horses. They are called Centaurs.

But neither is available to players.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Haha 2

On 1/17/2023 at 11:30 AM, lezbefriends.7516 said:

I'd prefer resources be spent somewhere else.

Honestly, given all the other priorities, I feel the same way overall. I go about most of the year not thinking about the minor land spear/cloak issue, but the thought just hits me every Lunar New Year festival.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2023 at 5:21 PM, voltaicbore.8012 said:

Go play Virtuoso

oh wait that silhouette isnt a land Spear like many people wanted. Its just plain old daggers 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

And for that cloaked look to work seamlessly it would be best to made as an oufit.

It'd be far better to make it an armour set, with the cloak being part of the shoulders or an accompanying back item.

Outfits are never the best option.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Outfits are never the best option.

That's your opinion, and the operative word in my reply was 'seamlessly'.

I do use quite few outfits on my toons. With fitting colors, backpack, weapon(s) and hair style it's possible to make pretty good looks with them.

• Like 2