World vs. World: January 31 Update Preview

Rubi Bayer.8493

1 minute ago, Ubi.4136 said:

To Anet, it WAS the issue.  The gate should not have taken that long.  The blob should have already taken your structure and have the gate down on the next. 

Well they should have given us a gate tactivator so we could open the gate for  the opposing force and they would not have to use supply to break the gate,

• Haha 4

Could you extend the invulnerability of EBG spawns up to keeps stairs? that way the boring and unproductive spawn fights will be eliminated. And improve that 100% useless and weak commander NPCs?

I've been in both sides of this "spawn farms", if you are the "victim", you can't really do anything but maybe capture a camp, or logoff of WvW; If you are the "offender", with everything already captured, the only you can do is being AFK all day fighting people in a small area, or logoff of WvW.

Edited by NeHoMaR.9812
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 gold and 35 tickets per week is a bit light, sure, but at least it feels like some incentive to jump in and do some WvW in the week, especially to someone like me who tends to need a break between long sessions of grinding for my 365 weekly tickets. I don't know what else you've got in store to reward active participation aside from this, but it feels like a step in the right direction. Gives people a reason to get on board.

I'll hold my judgment on the supply and balance changes since I'd rather see how this affects matches once they're live; but I'm happy to see things happen other than system betas.

• Like 3

I miss the old days when arrow carts  could actually be used for defense rather then just pea shooters with a arrow carts sticker stuck on them. And could actually put pressure on attacking enemy groups. I swear not one of the devs even bothers to play world versus world. If by chance one did they would not know what it's like being on the lower pop servers to even clear their glasses off to notice specific issues. More fluff and publicly to try to calm the masses. If this is the majority of the roadmap I think we all would be better off just chilling in that eotm abandoned map 😂 we're wvw goes to into the true mists and is forgotten as it has been for the past decade 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

New Weekly Achievements

We’re adding a set of weekly achievements that reward players for active and positive contribution to World vs. World—for example, capturing objectives, taking down dolyaks, and defeating enemy players. Completing these achievements each week will reward players with 8 gold and up to 35 additional WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets (a ~10% increase in max weekly tickets). The weekly gold reward will only require completion of six out of seven of the achievements to give players flexibility in how they complete the weekly meta-achievement. These achievements will reset every Sunday at 11:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-8).

Ok so now we are losing gold per week. Allow me to explain. Under the current system we complete 3 daily wvw objectives and earn 2 gold/day.  2 gold/day x  7 days=14 gold. Under the new system we will earn 8 gold for completing 6 of 7 weekly objectives? That is a loss of 6 gold/week. If anything the weekly amount needs to be increased(especially since you can earn more in the other 2 game modes) rather than decreased

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Honestly back when the quggans owned the center of the map of each of the alpine borderlands was probably the best years of World versus world. Siege actually being siege for defense or attack when group fights would last longer and not have one side run over instantly. Fights would go back and forth back then there were true battles that none of the new wvw players shall ever get to experience again unless they force themselves to a meta.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

Honestly back when the quggans owned the center of the map of each of the alpine borderlands was probably the best years of World versus world. Siege actually being siege for defense or attack when group fights would last longer and not have one side run over instantly. Fights would go back and forth back then there were true battles that none of the new wvw players shall ever get to experience again unless they force themselves to a meta.

Meta is no where near the experience Quaggan era we had smaller squads more interaction and Dev's on every server 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

Meta is no where near the experience Quaggan era we had smaller squads more interaction and Dev's on every server 

• Like 1

i would say those are positive changes.

however i dont think there will be much fighting over dolyaks without further changes.

if a dolly is under threat, i think people will just send 1 bunker build with the dolly to heal and apply the -90% dmg buff. unless the bunker doesnt know what they are doing you need to outnumber them here, which isnt really fun gameplay.

if you do have more numbers and block the route, you still cant deny them supps. both invuln dollies or supply drop at the destination dont have counterplay.

if you were to nerf cele/minstrel stats, maybe bring some pvp nerfs over to wvw, or change invuln dollies, then maybe.

• Like 1

Please, address long waiting queues for claiming objectives, mostly camps, because of waiting. I am not sure about your statistic data but based on mine, if a guild does not claim an objective in first 3-5 seconds then it does not claim it at all.

IMHO it could be big QOL change and easy to implement - reduce timer is just changing the number / adding button to leave a queue should be easy too because leaving the queue for a guild you have already implemented (when time runs out), buttons you have too so just you know 😄

• Like 2

I don't see anything that the new weekly reward system will replace the daily system - presuming that is the case, then doing dailies + weekly would be 22 gold.  If the WvW dailies go away, that creates a set of new problems.  

But it will really depend on what the weekly requirements are on whether it brings in any new players or not - if the requirements are really high, any potential players will just look at it and say it isn't worth it, or may see requirements that they do not think they can do (or at minimum, require a decent sized group and there not being a large opposing group).  But until I see what the weekly requirements are, I'll hold of final judgement.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Onoxsys.7615 said:

8g a week is still less than pve or pvp makes in an hour. 8g a day would've been nice. Something is better than nothing but 8g a week 😕 

30 silver a kill with a 1 min CD or something would be nice too. 

25g an hour in fractals wvw 8g a week did they even think?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Beorne.9248 said:

Ok so now we are losing gold per week. Allow me to explain. Under the current system we complete 3 daily wvw objectives and earn 2 gold/day.  2 gold/day x  7 days=14 gold. Under the new system we will earn 8 gold for completing 6 of 7 weekly objectives? That is a loss of 6 gold/week. If anything the weekly amount needs to be increased(especially since you can earn more in the other 2 game modes) rather than decreased

They didn't say they were removing the dailies so now you can do your dailies and the weeklies for 22 gold a week. It's not huge but it's something.

• Like 2