Bullying is back with a vengence

Rebuke.3176

6 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Agreed.  It's respectful of other people's time to show up prepared and ready on something that will help get through the content with little time wasting.  That's always been the irony around claims of elitism.

That, and the whole problem can be bypassed by becoming self-sufficient. You won't feel bad if the tag doesn't want you, if you don't need the tag; then it becomes a matter of whether you want the tag or not.

I think it comes down to a disparity of choice. The tag, by just virtue of being a tag has more options on who they get to play with. So if they know what they're doing they don't need others as much as the others may need them.

In other words, crying about "elitism" is futile because those people need "you" much less than "you" need them.  So they won't change. The ball is in your court.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

i mean, the last thing any tag needs are people coming on random builds and random classes, bc those just will feed for sure. it's hard enough yet to make the inexperienced players on useful classes do their job, but it's pretty much impossible to make the pve rambos who are just reward-crazed do anything

like, no serious tag would accept a random comp, but surely, what exactly you accept is a matter of personal choice. just, it's known pretty much what works, and that is called meta

so idk what u want here, u want to ban the few people left in gw2 who actually bothered to learn how to play Wvw effectively? like idk, if u think hiding like some coward behind 13 acs, 5 gens and some trebs and mortars is the "proper" way to play Wvw, nobody will be able to tell u else anyways, but why'd u not allow others to actually have fun and not treating the mode as some WW1 simulator

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

i mean, the last thing any tag needs are people coming on random builds and random classes, bc those just will feed for sure. it's hard enough yet to make the inexperienced players on useful classes do their job, but it's pretty much impossible to make the pve rambos who are just reward-crazed do anything

like, no serious tag would accept a random comp, but surely, what exactly you accept is a matter of personal choice. just, it's known pretty much what works, and that is called meta

so idk what u want here, u want to ban the few people left in gw2 who actually bothered to learn how to play Wvw effectively? like idk, if u think hiding like some coward behind 13 acs, 5 gens and some trebs and mortars is the "proper" way to play Wvw, nobody will be able to tell u else anyways, but why'd u not allow others to actually have fun and not treating the mode as some WW1 simulator

This makes some sense, but also needs to allow for the skilled that do not wish to run meta.  

I almost always havoc, never run meta, rarely die, but always stay out of EBG.  On a ranger of all things.  So often I'm invited to random tags if I'm not in a group, and it seems to work out.

Siege wars is probably the closest to 'proper' WvW (not that I like or use siege myself).  It's a weird misconception that people put elitism and 'skill' into WvW when it's a hybrid PvE mode with bloated stats like cele.  Skill tests are for sPvP, or at least as close as we can get because sPvP operates on a much more defined ruleset.  

As for the toxic, they are also mostly simpletons.  Just challenge them to a duel whether you expect win or lose, most times it ends the interaction there.  Typically, if they do duel and you do lose it ends the 'skill' debate because they are placated and you gain some experience from it.  If you win the duel, there's 99% chance they become friendly or block you--either way, no more toxic.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

1 hour ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

Well, you just put your foot into a trap, and I'm going to call you on it.

Name all classes that are considered "Useful".  You messed up right there.  You have declared that a certain set of professions are Useful.  That requires that there are classes that are not Useful.  Name them.  Part of that Toxicity that we were talking about, is what we call Shut Outs.  The ability to not allow specific classes into your group, because your dead set in the belief that those particular classes/professions are the most Useless, or at the very least, not optimal to a specific type of game play or group build.  Who is supposed to have the most fun then?  The Commander and his group vs. the Unpopular Professions?  This only leads to one thing.  Nerfs.  Because the meta classes are the most favored, what do you believe is going to happen?

Still you did put your foot into it, which shows that you, yourself, believe that certain classes are not optimal or wanted during "Group Play".  Name the professions that is not Useful.  And give the reason for the Shut Outs to those professions in question.

Edited by KeyOrion.9506
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KeyOrion.9506 said:

Well, you just put your foot into a trap, and I'm going to call you on it.

Name all classes that are considered "Useful".  You messed up right there.  You have declared that a certain set of professions are Useful.  That requires that there are classes that are not Useful.  Name them.  Part of that Toxicity that we were talking about, is what we call Shut Outs.  The ability to not allow specific classes into your group, because your dead set in the belief that those particular classes/professions are the most Useless, or at the very least, not optimal to a specific type of game play or group build.  Who is supposed to have the most fun then?  The Commander and his group vs. the Unpopular Professions?  This only leads to one thing.  Nerfs.  Because the meta classes are the most favored, what do you believe is going to happen?

Still you did put your foot into it, which shows that you, yourself, believe that certain classes are not optimal or wanted during "Group Play".  Name the professions that is not Useful.  And give the reason for the Shut Outs to those professions in question.

Arguably any class badly played is less useful. Any class on a build with little thought given to how it works within a group is less useful. An instanced content build is less useful because you can't DPS if you're dead.

Not every server or commander insists on meta squad builds and that is where you put your own foot in your mouth since you seem to have a vendetta against meta groups. I'll let it go because you're unfamiliar with the poster you've quoted. I would like to point out that we play on the same server and our commanders running no voice open tags accept practically anyone and the results of "random builds" in the hands of inexperienced players is becoming hugely demoralising (that is an us problem).

I understand your point having experienced exactly what you're saying, however the effectiveness of meta builds in experienced hands cannot be refuted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

It's a game.
It's like getting offended if someone starts dancing or tbag you after killing you: it's such a little thing and you should move on.
Or getting upset cos a commander doesnt want a specific class (your class) in his group.

People tend to take things way too personal, and then exagerate with the complaints.

I dont even consider spawn camping as bullying:
1) if they have grater numbers to the point to push you back to spawn it's only natural,but it's not a problem of bad behavior,it's a problem of difference in numbers
2) there are 3 ways out of spawn

I can't wait for Alliances: those beta weeks were amazing filled with constant fights and balanced numbers.

• Thanks 1

Switch to Ruins of Surmia [EN-EU]. No issues there. I think we're fairly casual. Friendly players. Play for fun and not because we're nr.1 (we are not). I often see commanders inviting anyone to join that can carry 10 supplies and build a ram. I usually play at night when there may be no commanders around but just pining a location in team chat to capture or defend is enough to summon a few players and get something done.

• Like 1