Core Warrior Greatsword skill | Hundred blade

August.5934

Skill : Hundred Blade  

56 members have voted

1. 1. I believe the skill Hundred Blade is very unuseful in many situations and it's damage potential is wasted beside hitting a stationary target meanwhile it only attacks in front and puts warrior on stationary situation so i want to request Anet to give Hundred blade a new animation where we can move while casting and for it to do 360° attack.

• Yes, having a new animation on that skill would be very helpful. Maybe a spin-to-win like Guardian's or a big slam in ground. Moving is important.
    • Yes, having a new animation on that skill would be very helpful but it does't have to be a spin attack, a big cone shaped attack infront would be good. It's fine being stationary, just a rang of 400 - 600 should do it.
    • No...It's fine the way it is.

Guard GS 2 is pretty clunky as well, even though you can move. Its better than 100 blades sure, but guard GS is also overall worse as a weapon. Being able to move while using 100 blades won't be bad but I'm not sure it will do much as a buff, at 130 range. And after you lose the stationary part I doubt any buffs will be coming to the skill.

600 tracking cone would be too much on GS. 400 might be a bit much too... 300 or 325 though, why not. But again, I'm not sure it will do much good even like this. It would help with aoe dmg though.

IMO slap 0.5 sec pulsing quickness on it (tune the duration so it covers the whole 100 blade without the final strike and so that you cant cancel the skill just to get long quickness).

Though best to invest time in other weapons, like sword. Maybe get to GS when the other weapons become better or at least on par.

Edited by Hotride.2187

Greatsword is super clunky in general. From the "I do massive damage to you if you would be so kind to stand still" to the "I run slightly faster than normal towards you to engage" It was so when I leveled up my first toon when the game was released and still is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Honestly some of warriors weapon kits including gs just look and feel outdated, other classes have same issue as well, just find most prominent with warrior. Maybe with expansions comming too fast and to often to provide new specs anet will instead look into all the classes weapon kits and update them and toe them into the expansions in some way.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Honestly some of warriors weapon kits including gs just look and feel outdated, other classes have same issue as well, just find most prominent with warrior. Maybe with expansions comming too fast and to often to provide new specs anet will instead look into all the classes weapon kits and update them and toe them into the expansions in some way.

Many professions have at least one weapon that is in severe need of attention, and they should all get that attention. However, warrior has several that need attention. OH Sword, OH Dagger, OH Mace, MH Mace, MH Sword, and Greatsword are all in need of at least some attention.

MH Sword just got some love, but Flurry is still an issue. On OH sword Rip needs to cleave, and Riposte needs to block for the full channel and gain a flipover attack to use when desired. Flurry can copy Flamming Flurry's animation without the projectiles.

On Mace, Counterblow and Tremor both need reworking. Counterblow reworked as Riposte above and Tremor to become a cone AoE.

On Dagger, Wastrel's Ruin needs to cleave and do something extra, right now it is a worse Axe4. Make it rip 1 boon, plus 3 more if the target isn't taking an action. Bladestorm needs to become a 900 range ground targeted AoE that removes boons per hit.

On Greatsword, Rush needs a new animation that doesn't bug out. See Vindicator GS... Hundred Blades needs a 2s cast time. Bladetrail needs to bounce off of terrain.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I voted "No it's fine the way it is" because both of the other pole options didn't address the issue I have with the skill.

It is in fact not fine the way it is though.

Hundred Blades' animation is good, and it doesn't need mobility. The greatsword's kit and over all design is actually pretty good. Though a few skills like rush and blade trail need modernization.

The problem with Hundred Blades is simply that it's too slow and too backloaded for the game now. That's what needs to be addressed.

What we don't need is for GS2 to be turned into an Axe5 Or DT clone.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I don't need a new animation for Hundred back rubs, they just need to remove the self-root already.

Moving with [Hundred Blades] would unlock its fun factor and enjoyability completely.

But on why it functions the way it does, I'd like to know the reason. Perhaps a 130 range aoe on 3 targets with a fast cast time is good enough? I know I always use it to cleave downed opponents and the people trying to revive them while building adrenaline for the big kapow with [Arching Slice].

I could definitely be convinced if Anet gave a good explanation on why [Hundred Blades] is the way it is.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

Moving with [Hundred Blades] would unlock its fun factor and enjoyability completely.

But on why it functions the way it does, I'd like to know the reason. Perhaps a 130 range aoe on 3 targets with a fast cast time is good enough? I know I always use it to cleave downed opponents and the people trying to revive them while building adrenaline for the big kapow with [Arching Slice].

I could definitely be convinced if Anet gave a good explanation on why [Hundred Blades] is the way it is.

Back in the day, when condition cleanses and stunbreaks were fewer in number you could reliably use Flurry -> 100B or BB -> 100B and the damage was not backloaded, so you could melt people. Those people QQ on the forums, much like they always have, and for it nerfed. Then more condition cleanses and stunbreaks were added to the game because people couldn't handle the conditions and CC even then. Meanwhile 100B never had it's nerfs reverted.

Honestly there is little reason for it to be 3 targets instead of 5, to be 130 range instead of 240, and there is little reason for the cast time to be so long anymore.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

the damage was not backloaded, so you could melt people.

I remember this. Back then, I used Bull's Charge > Frenzy > Hundred Blades and then would destroy. It was the first time someone typed out  hopelessly to me "that's not fair!" after being completely leveled. Good times.

22 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Honestly there is little reason for it to be 3 targets instead of 5

This I agree with. The name of [Hundred Blades] should imply a lot of attacks hitting a lot of places lol. It's only 130 range for crying out loud.

But with all that said, Anet could convince me [Hundred Blades] needs to remain the same if their reasoning was sound enough. The current [Hundred Blades] isn't nonsensical to me like [Dragon Trigger] immobility is. They can't convince me the logic behind DT's design, especially when it comes to using it in competitive.

What I think is a worthwhile argument is bringing [Full Counter] damage back but with moderation, of course.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Padrion.7382 said:

I do massive damage

that was in the past, today unless you're running 3 traitlines of damage modifiers, some people can just literally stand there with prot alone, moreso if they have high armor and weakness on you. 🥺😓

it hits for fluff now, entire gs kit hits for fluff except maybe arcing slice but only on a low health target, and even that is kitten.

12 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

cast time to 2s down from 3.5s.

cast time down to 1 or none, no to self root 😑 2 only if they triple the damage, self root only if 1 hit KO nothing less. 💪

whats with all these flimsy requests, it has to be impactful, if they actually give us a chance to have a say go kitten big or go fluff. 💪

cuz we all know, we probably aren't getting anymore changes, let alone positive ones for another decade. 🤣

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, eXruina.4956 said:

that was in the past, today unless you're running 3 traitlines of damage modifiers, some people can just literally stand there with prot alone, moreso if they have high armor and weakness on you. 🥺😓

it hits for fluff now, entire gs kit hits for fluff except maybe arcing slice but only on a low health target, and even that is kitten.

cast time down to 1 or none, no to self root 😑 2 only if they triple the damage, self root only if 1 hit KO nothing less. 💪

whats with all these flimsy requests, it has to be impactful, if they actually give us a chance to have a say go kitten big or go fluff. 💪

cuz we all know, we probably aren't getting anymore changes, let alone positive ones for another decade. 🤣

2s with quickness would be 1.33s and be enough to squeeze within the stun of a shield bash. You have to remember also that it feels weak only because so few of the hits ever actually hit. If all the hits connect then its strong, but with 3.5s there is enough time for them to mitigate it while face tanking it. Making it 2s makes it more dangerous to face tank even with the self root.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

Well to be fair, a high armor target with protection should be able to take it, especially if you are weakened. But I get what you mean: It requires to much setup for to little reward. If you compare it to Flaming Flurry or Whirling Axe it really looks sad.

• Like 1

Personally I would like to see Warriors being able to move and turn in any direction whilst using Hundred Blades and rooted to the spot when activating Whirlwind attack - in effect swapping the rooted aspect of the two skills. Never really liked the target direction ability of Whirlwind attack.

Would be rather nice to wade into a group of enemy using Hundred blades and then when they all gang up on you hitting Whirlwind attack to punish them for not moving away from you.

Edited by Andy.5981

40 minutes ago, Andy.5981 said:

Personally I would like to see Warriors being able to move and turn in any direction whilst using Hundred Blades and rooted to the spot when activating Whirlwind attack - in effect swapping the rooted aspect of the two skills. Never really liked the target direction ability of Whirlwind attack.

Why would you even want to have root on either ability?

With Warrior shoe-horned into the swamp of AoE vomit that is melee range, having no roots at all is the only respectable thing to want.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Why would you even want to have root on either ability?

With Warrior shoe-horned into the swamp of AoE vomit that is melee range, having no roots at all is the only respectable thing to want.

Given a free rein with changes, yeah it would be really nice not to have root on anything, but these are Anet developers we are talking about and theyre not noted for helping warriors. Asking for everthing simply doesn't work with them.

3 minutes ago, Andy.5981 said:

Given a free rein with changes, yeah it would be really nice not to have root on anything, but these are Anet developers we are talking about and theyre not noted for helping warriors. Asking for everthing simply doesn't work with them.

And they are also known for usually not following things through properly.

This means, if they were to take a "shot" your suggestion, it's far from unlikely that they simply put a root on Whirlwind and leave it at that, with the result of having both skills self-rooted.

That's why such a things shouldn't even be suggested as a joke.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 1