Black Lion Requisition Missions [Merged]

1 hour ago, Halcyon.8360 said:

Except is is not, GW2 always has a reminder for these situations. This time they did not, and telling someone who has dyslexia that this is a 'learnable moment' is rude. Both my siblings have it and you can believe they do everything they can to overcome it, its not up to someone without this learning problem to issue directives about what they 'should' have done. Yes they both missed it, I missed it too but because i was working away but i did not remind them simply because i expected the reminders in game to happen. Why can't Anet just be reliable?

Nothing about saying that putting the achievement in my watchlist helped me remember about the event or that it's helpful to start using reminders in phone's calendar/alarm clock/whatver is somehow rude to anyone. And yes, since in this case it's about nothing more than a quick/redundant ingame ""event"", it seems like as cheap (as in: harmless) opportunity to learn from as it gets.

42 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

What were the times that they did reminders? I can't think of any from the past 10 years. Closest I can think of is the annual letter for the orphans.

True, I'd say there's rather easly more times we have no reminders than the opposite.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 3

For the good of completionist not allowing complete this achivement can mess up a full account. With the possibilities of even abandon the game. Anyone else agree?, add a tab to prior weeks or whatever. While first week was notified with hundred of mails, next weeks did not, personally missed week 3 and feel unable to complete the achievement right now, which is not fair. And as completionist the fact of leaving the achievement undone forever, personally will make me quit the game. Best wishes

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

You are not missing anything important, there are no AP for this achievement and you can get the items from the gem shop or black lion chests. Why is it unfair? You missed it, that’s not really a big deal. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 8

The game has many achievements which can’t be completed, but it is what it is. I missed a week and I’m a completionist and I accept not being able to finish it.

Threatening to quit over such a tiny issue will gain no truck with the devs and it sounds like you had one step out the door anyway

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Indur.7086 said:

Personally, as completionist, if I am unable to complete the achievement leaving it at 3/4 (missed the 3rd week) forever, I will quit game, and I´ve spent some good bucks on it in this years. Developers need to think about consequences in an account before implement that kind of achievements that can mess an entire account.

There are no AP for the achievement, so as a completionist you don’t really miss anything 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Indur.7086 said:

For the good of completionist not allowing complete this achivement can mess up a full account. With the possibilities of even abandon the game. Anyone else agree?, add a tab to prior weeks or whatever. While first week was notified with hundred of mails, next weeks did not, personally missed week 3 and feel unable to complete the achievement right now, which is not fair. And as completionist the fact of leaving the achievement undone forever, personally will make me quit the game. Best wishes

Please send me your 10 most valuable items when you quit.

Much love

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Out of curiosity, why is this one a problem, but not the original festival ones which can’t be completed, or the Mordrem bloom ones or the shiny ones or the ancient Karka ones or all the other no longer completable weekly login ones like th8s one they’ve regularly done over the years. How does this affect your account differently to those, esp given those had achievement points and this does not. Just some rewards you can get elsewhere.

Im genuinely interested in why this would trigger an account closure, but not the others

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Indur.7086 said:

I was not going to feed troll post but toxicity level of this community is in another level, 250k Kills in WvW maybe is Hard to complete but can be done eventually, this one is not, so keep it easy. And yet my account has around 40k value (gw2 eff) maybe is not too much, but ofc wouldn´t send any item to dead man trolls but ask anet for its deletion, as it has to be done. I dont know if you support the game or not (using money on it), but helping people who does during 2 years of playtime to decide leaving is not the best solution to your personal and gameplay issues, nor for the future of the game itself. Good morning, good afternoon and good night. 🙈🙉🙊

So, how many kills in wvw do you have? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I have not any of those achievements you mention, as the account is only 2 years old, not even in archived achievements(old), i was asking for this to help people that like to complete or at least be able to complete achievements and don´t leave the account for the rest of the game life with 3/4 of an achievement and no chance to complete it, in the other hand i respect people who don´t care about it, i was talking for myself and some others who are interested in complete it, probably less ToC than I am. But I see the direction this post is taking and wasn´t my intention, but implement a chance to everyone who want to complete it and drain mats from game economy (which was the main intention of devs) just do it.

Those who basically don´t care, just can´t understand why post against the implemention of this possibility. Is just free toxicity or am I wrong?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

8 minutes ago, Indur.7086 said:

I have not any of those achievements you mention, as the account is only 2 years old, not even in archived achievements(old), i was asking for this to help people that like to complete or at least be able to complete achievements and don´t leave the account for the rest of the game life with 3/4 of an achievement and no chance to complete it, in the other hand i respect people who don´t care about it, i was talking for myself and some others who are interested in complete it, probably less ToC than I am. But I see the direction this post is taking and wasn´t my intention, but implement a chance to everyone who want to complete it and drain mats from game economy (which was the main intention of devs) just do it.

Those who basically don´t care, just can´t understand why post against the implemention of this possibility. Is just free toxicity or am I wrong?

Asking for it to be completable is fine and perfectly valid. Demanding to ensure its completable or you will quit is extremely bad manners and comes across needlessly petulant.

I don’t care if they change it, but I don’t object to it being added either. It’s just extremely weird to ask for something to change “or else” when this isn’t new and has been a regular occurrence for these type of events (eg mystic forge community events, boss rushes and fractal rushes) throughout the entire game. If there was something like ap at the end, I’d be more inclined to care. But it’s just a tracker which the game uses for ui purposes. Once it’s over, it will do nothing negative to the account. It may not even show in the achievement panel anymore.

In essence your feedback is fair. The reasoning and way you went about it, was absolutely not

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 2

If a player is truly a completionist I would expect that they would average at least 20k player kills per year. 

Just assume the achievement in question will come back in 50 years. That would make it available at the same time as one would get the player kill achiement if one is getting 5k per year.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

If a player is truly a completionist I would expect that they would average at least 20k player kills per year. 

Just assume the achievement in question will come back in 50 years. That would make it available at the same time as one would get the player kill achiement if one is getting 5k per year.

That's the point I also consistently agree with. I find it a bit interesting how some "completionists" are fine with having a substantial % of achievements not completed, while actively hyperfocusing on -as is in this case- that one which doesn't even reward AP. Even if it rewarded AP, it seems like a potential distant future problem at most -so distant that it might as well never become a problem in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Indur.7086 said:

complete it and drain mats from game economy (which was the main intention of devs) just do it.

Ah yes, because getting people to donate 250 UM or VM is really going to change the economy....

46 minutes ago, Indur.7086 said:

Is just free toxicity or am I wrong?

You are wrong 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1