Add /gg to sPvP

Myst.5783

18 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

guys. if a team ggs then its plausible that the devs could make it so the other team doesn't get any rating. whether or not thats a good idea idk i'm jus sayin.

imagine nuking a team due to having good coordination and the losing team /ggs to prevent you from getting rating.  There is no way this will not be used to spite good performance and/or trade wins. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Chaos God.1639 said:

how about the game should reward the players more who don't go afk and keep playing even if it's 4 vs 5? then everybody will be happy.

the afk players are so silly. maybe they should also rename the game to Quitters/AFK Wars?

This is the core problem I think. The game mode basically has no sportsmanship value, since ArenaNet made the entire focus of matches to be winning them (Conquest is especially badly designed around this), so as a result if you're not winning then there's basically no point in playing.

This is where PvP is very different from WvW where you can still roll your enemies even in a losing matchup, and in fact losing matchups are often more fun to play, not less.

If you want to fix the issue with players AFKing, flaming and so on, you have to make it worth playing a match that's already going to be lost from the very start. You have to give value to playing it, for example giving players permanent badges that are kept even when they don't win the match. This encourages them to go out and fight for those rewards even if the game is going to end up as a 500-100.

(Of course, fixing the matchmaker to sort players by personal performance and not team performance is the best thing we could do, but I doubt its ever going to happen.)

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

On 3/12/2023 at 5:47 PM, Myst.5783 said:

This gamemode is player v. matchmaker most of the time anyways.

/gg majority vote to end game.

For most players, is it really player vs. matchmaker? There are a lot of noobs and few good players. Noobs amongst noobs is normal.

7 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

true. what if there was reduced rating gain?

I would /gg on every loss to deal another possible blow to the enemy team. As would basicly everyone else. You're supposed to compete for those spots on the ladder, if I can prevent my enemies(or even teammates) from gaining rating I will do so.

6 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

I would /gg on every loss to deal another possible blow to the enemy team. As would basicly everyone else. You're supposed to compete for those spots on the ladder, if I can prevent my enemies(or even teammates) from gaining rating I will do so.

alright what if the gg option only opens up when a 300 point gap appears?

35 minutes ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

alright what if the gg option only opens up when a 300 point gap appears?

We gotta do something that doesn't allow losing too hard to be used as a weapon. You underestimate how petulant people can get.

Best way to make the matches not blowouts is to reward people on the losing team with a little rating for doing components of the game that would lead to winning otherwise.  I still maintain buffering rating loss or even minor rating gain for like... the top two performers of the losing team would be better than letting people resign for no contest.

The top two people who had the most "% of x vs team" data in their name should get like... a third of a win's worth of laddet. Then even if someone throws, it's actually -more- valuable to play the 5v4 because you just have to outperform two people to progress. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

58 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

We gotta do something that doesn't allow losing too hard to be used as a weapon. You underestimate how petulant people can get.

Best way to make the matches not blowouts is to reward people on the losing team with a little rating for doing components of the game that would lead to winning otherwise.  I still maintain buffering rating loss or even minor rating gain for like... the top two performers of the losing team would be better than letting people resign for no contest.

The top two people who had the most "% of x vs team" data in their name should get like... a third of a win's worth of laddet. Then even if someone throws, it's actually -more- valuable to play the 5v4 because you just have to outperform two people to progress. 

Pokemon Unite actually does this. 

There's a lot wrong with that game, but this is one thing I can appreciate about it. If you were MVP, you lose less rating, and you get a larger reward at the end of the match. 

On 3/12/2023 at 11:33 PM, Lighter.5631 said:

bruh the match is so short, unlike other games that are 30+ mins long

if its a blow out the game is over in like 5 mins something

and there's plenty of times matches come back from 100 to 300

I can play a full game of URF in League under 10min. That includes que and bans. Guess what, you can still /gg.

Que alone in GW2 pvp can be anywhere from 2-10min. Then wait for ready up.... then finally play just to get wiped or stomp the other team. You're literally invested a minimum of 10-20min per game.

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

yeah seems legit